Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Fell Off & Became Boring

Veteran Member

I think he's just trying to push out too much...Ghost sounds tired in his raps nowadays...he needs to slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by tragedykhadafi12 View Post
    Obviously you have the right to your opinion but I think you are completely wrong. Just because ghost doesn't sound exactly like he used to I bet you are unloyal now. I think ghost is still as dope as ever.
    Because he doesn't sound exactly like he used to? No Wu member sounds exactly like they used to. Yet I only did a thread about Ghost. Un-loyal? I still buy his albums knowing I'm not even gonna listen to them more than a handful of times.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

aite let me jus say somethin here
    thru-out the yearz of the wu, i can rightfully say that ghost iz
    the hardest workin wu-member out there, possibly except for meth
    in the earlier dayz yeah ghost waz raw. now look at him, he'z up in his 30's
    or somethin, so of course he and most of the other memberz are gonna
    lose some of their strength that thei had back in the day. iz all part
    of growin up. plain and simple. "fishscale" or "pretty tony" or some of his other
    recent albumz might not be az good az his "ironman" or "waterproof walletz"
    but still i give him some credit. he still tryin to get the wu-tang name to
    be declared on the streetz and in the hip hop culture. and i for one
    iz givin him propz

FRESH FISH

i understand what your saying with regard to some of his lyrics for me ironman supreme were him at his peak, i like wallets but after that i aint been that fussed. though you have to realise some of the shits he talks about ice and shit him and rae started that shit, it just now we over exposed to it. to be honest i feel thats half the problem is his over exposure and also hes aiming to be a big leaguer which is cool but i was looking forwad to the doom/ghost album more than more fish i think he fits into the underground/indie scene better and he and def jam gotta realise there's no shame in that. but back to my point during 98-99 i wasnt feeling meth cos he was all over the place and i think the same happens with ghost. cos when someone else comes in that you havent heard in a while its refreshing at the mo im really feeling rae and gza. the formers got his hunger back but once he gets linx 2 out and the wu album hopefully things will even out cos right now it seems the media and the fans put there faith in ghost and forget that back in the day it wasnt about any individual each contributed equally. still hes defo top ten best emcees dead or alive purely for ironman and sc

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    For the life of me I cannot see what warrants all the hype about Ghost for the last few years. 'Ironman' was classic, SC was excellent, and since then he hasn't released anything that's cracked the average rating imo. 'Bullet Proof Wallets' was more or less horrible. 'Pretty Toney' was ok. Had a few good songs. There were a few good tracks on the Trife and Theodore Unit albums. And 'Fishscale' and 'More Fish' are 2 of the most forgettable albums I have heard. They have no appeal whatsoever to me.

Out of all the generals Ghost has been the least appealing to me over the last few years. I would be more excited about a new U-God album than a new Ghost album. 'Fishscale' and 'More Fish' were both purchased with no interest whatsoever, merely to add to my Wu collection, as a collector of Wu albums. They both lived up to my low expectations. He also almost ruined 'The W', although he came through on 'Iron Flag'.

I find it strange how in the mid-to-late 90's he was basically just another tight Wu member who created little fuss as an individual, even though he was 'spitting flames', and now that he's become average and boring people act as if he's some sort of God.

And don't kid yourself, a lot of his lyrics are more or less identical to what those mainstream artists you all pretend to loathe, are writing. My homeboy quoted one of his recent tracks in an email to me, and I asked him if it was a G Unit song or something, only to have him tell me it was a Ghost track. I really don't see what separates him from all those average chart rappers, lyrically. I can't remember the last Ghost verse I heard where the lyrics actually stood out to me. I really can't.

And spare me the childish insults and all that bullshit. I know how some Ghost fans are. This is just my opinion and if you don't like it then feel free to tell me so in a civilised manner. I just wanted to see if anybody here is feeling me, and agrees with what I'm saying. Because I know there are people out there who also feel that Ghost has become entirely unappealing.

ive been feeling like this for the last few years, and people are always saying how ghost is the most consistent member, its completely wrong.

"Bullet Proof Wallets", "Pretty Toney" and The fish album are just average to decent material, people throw the word classic around when talking about these albumbs and its totally unwarranted.

when "Fish Scale" came out i was really looking forward to buying it because of all the hype about it being "classic" and then found that there were about 5 or 6 good tracks and some ok ones, with the rest being throw aways with ridiculous lyrics. fucking "Be Easy" is such a terrible track, and it got wide praise as a great crossover in terms of mainstream hip hop, and anyone who didnt like it was "a nerd". i mean just listen to the fucking chorus, its rubbish.

ghost post SC started to sound whiney also, im not sure what happened to his voice but although i can tolerate it, its still irritating. when "Grand Masters" came out everyone talked about how terrible gza's flow was (no one cared about lyrics) but never once have a seen someone on this site discuss the fact that ghost face has gone through reverse puberty.

ghosts flow is still great, and basically this seems to be all that matters to fans.

ill give you bulletproof wallets, that wasnt his best effort but after that he kept getting better and better. that song with amy winehouse takes me back to wild flower and cant front on 9 mili brothers as forgetable "yall be nice to the crackheads"
    "abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is"

see thats the thing, "Fish Scale" and "More Fish" have good moments, when the beat is good and the mc's flow is on point.

however i think it has to be admitted that the albums are half efforts, leading up to "Fish Scale" as i said earlier my anticipation for the album was high, not just because of the hype, but also the pporduction line up and featured mc's, "9 Mili Bros" seemed like wu would be getting back to making good music togeher.

and what do we get? and album full of beats from Doom and Dilla which are reused (although i understand with dilla that was cool, but i prefered the tracks as they stand alone on 'Donuts') and 9 mili bros, with re used verses, a terrible verse from cappa, and average verses from other generals which seem to have be phoned in. a track which should have been great was just another ok track.

Ghost seems concerned with getting material out there, and i dont really think he can be criticised considering the nature of hip hop these days with the mixtape scene etc. but think about an album which combined the great tracks from Fish Scale and More Fish... ghost is just rushing stuff out, and compromising his music to cater in a way which he thinks will appeal to a wider market.

when is "Swift & Changeable" coming out? this album would be crazy, as long as the beats are doom originals. but instead we got "More Fish" which is flooding with Theodore filler (although i like trife alot), the creation of a rap group based around a member from another group borders on ridiculous.

yeah anyway, of ghost releases the collab album with doom with original beats i will be happy.

ghost is not at his prime. His prime was supreme clientele . He erupted at the top of his level then went down hill a bit,and he cant go back to 2000

Just like nas nasty illmatic style he cant do it twice.

Its done man, u wont get tony starks again. Ghost deini that shit is gone .

ghostface has been rather unimpressive. he has yet to make an album that i thought was really great since SC. fishscale was dope but far, far from classic. people who say he's the most consistent leave me scratching my head.

i believe hold heartedly that he can still kick a mean ass verse(ie real nillaz, block rock) but he's been trying to appeal to a broader audience so he has watered down his content to do so.

as far as his W performance, i agree that it was pretty forgettable, but so was the performance of the other members with the exception of raekwon and method man. the W was all around a lackluster lyrical effort by the clan.

ghostface still has it but he may be stretching himself too thin.
    Last edited by THE W; 04-06-2007 at 12:14 PM.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

ok so now everybody hates ghost. whats hot if not ghost?
    "abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is"

i agree with noel,i just couldnt listen to Ghost after bulletproof wallets and i got even more pissed off when i wasted my good earned money on fishcale and more fish....

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

I was always more of a GZA & RZA fan, but again, I could never say Ghost is wack, just sometimes he's above average, sometimes not...I found it strange with Ghost, I like The Pretty Toney Album, but this album is rather inconsistent

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

I thought Ironman was ok.Supreme Clientele was great but Bulletproof Wallets was ass.He redemed himself alot with Pretty Toney ( wich I really like ) but Fishscale was beh.A few good tracks but overall unimpressive.The Theodore Unit album was good but More Fish was just booty.I'm glad I just downloaded it.I always thought he was one of the least out of the clan allthough he was good in their hey day.His rhymes didn't do anything for me cuz basically I couldn't understand 80% of the things he said.

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
    © The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved

You know how I know ghost hasn't fallen off? People keep making threads like this. You don't see many U-god hate threads, because he isn't worth talking about. Any time an artist wishes to diversify his catalogue and expand his audience, especially a Wu-Tang artist, he has fallen off. Whatever, keep up the good work ghost.

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    You know how I know ghost hasn't fallen off? People keep making threads like this. You don't see many U-god hate threads, because he isn't worth talking about. Any time an artist wishes to diversify his catalogue and expand his audience, especially a Wu-Tang artist, he has fallen off. Whatever, keep up the good work ghost.
    LOL there was a time not so long ago where there indeed were U-God hate threads

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
    © The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved