Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christianity,Islam,Judaism

Default Christianity,Islam,Judaism

this is one iam intrested on....all you guys who are religious or thinking about it, out of the three abrahmamic religons what do you think of each one....the good points...bad points...(if you had to choose one which one?) NO HATING on subject matter this delicate, i personally got love for all three (i think there all the same book given at diffrent times, to diffrent races, with some exceptions, corruption ETC) your thoughts.....
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

penalty boxed user

they one in the same like 3 brothers

three weeds from the same root.

Veteran Member

one in the same
    but Judaism is the big brother

Quote Originally Posted by sidious_katana View Post
    this is one iam intrested on....all you guys who are religious or thinking about it, out of the three abrahmamic religons what do you think of each one....the good points...bad points...(if you had to choose one which one?) NO HATING on subject matter this delicate, i personally got love for all three (i think there all the same book given at diffrent times, to diffrent races, with some exceptions, corruption ETC) your thoughts.....
    To answer throughly, as a Muslim, I have to respect the religions which preceeded mine. I have to respect all of The Prophets (upon whom be peace) because they are no different from Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the sense that they were all The Holiest of men and they had an unshakeable faith, will and determination to do what they were called forth to do. What's more, all of The Prophets, upon whom be peace, were Muslims. A Muslim is one who bows his or her will to the Will of God and no other. This would make all who ever carried a message, Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Jacob, Isaac, Lot, Job, Ishmael, Joseph, Abraham, upon whom be peace and blessings, Muslims. That's another reason why I personally think that the lot of so-called Christians are full of it, because the greater half of them don't recognize Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). In Islam, if you disrespect one Prophet, you disrespect the whole line of Prophets. That's why you'll see me and any other true Muslim say Ridy Allahu Anhu (May Allah Be Pleased With Him) Alayhi Wa Sallam (Upon Whom Be Peace) or Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) when mentioning the names of any of The Prophets.

That said, I can't have a problem with Isa bin Maryam Ridy Allahu Anhu (Jesus Son of Mary May Allah Be Pleased With him), because he did what he was supposed to do. He told his people to follow the Law of Moses (pbuh), reinforced them with The Gospel and to stop being so caught up in worldy things. He never told anyone that he was God, nor did he ever tell anyone to worship him. Now, the people that came after him that called themselves following him are the ones that I can't stand, because they took what he gave them and twisted it and continue to do so.

Judaism is always a touchy subject when it comes to Islam, but personally I was never afraid to talk about it. As I said, all of The Prophets are respected in Al-Islam. If you look at the history of Israel, they had great favor in the sight of Allah. This was the only nation to recieve an entire list of Prophets and Messengers. Most nations only recieved 3 at the very most. Israel had Jesus, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon, Jacob, Joseph, Isaac, etc. upon whom be Peace. I can't have a problem with Judaism as a whole, because not only are some of the most profound mysteries and blessings of God seen through The Children of Israel, but it was Moses (pbuh) and Jesus (pbuh) who told The Children of Israel about the arrival of Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him). It's still in both books.
    My problem comes in with the fact that

A: When Jesus (pbuh) told them that a comforter was coming after him from among their bretheren, The Israelis automatically assumed that the Final Messenger would be from Israel. Don't forget that for ages, The Prophets were risen from there. However, when The Final Messenger rose from Arabia, most, MOST, not ALL, of The Children of Israel grew jealous because they no longer had the gift of revelation.
    Also, they chose to forget that, even though Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was Arabian, Ishmael (pbuh) was the father of the Arabs and Jacob (pbuh) was the father of the Israelis, BOTH were sons of Abraham (pbuh). So Jesus (pbuh) wasn't lying when he told them that the Final Messenger would come from among their bretheren, but as you can see, racism has always been a problem.

and B: The Jews know the truth. The ones that study their scriptures and know them cold, know damn well that Islam is The Final Call. www.jews-for-allah.com is proof of a Brother that honestly knows that the same God who gave Moses (pbuh) The Torah, and Jesus (pbuh) The Gospel, gave Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) The Qur'an. Racism and Nationalism has them by the throat. Most of the troops in The Israeli Army have no clue what they're fighting for, because all they know is what their government tells them, which is anything but the truth.

My problem with Islam is simple. It's the same problem I have with the religions that preceeded it. People. It's not the messages, it's the people. I know so-called Muslims that can recite Qur'an backwards and forwards, IN Arabic, and still do some of the dumbest things known to man. Plus, sectarianism is the main problem today in Islam as well. It's forbidden to split up into sects in both Qur'an and Sunnah, but just like the people of old, they take one part of the book and leave the rest. Ignorance is the main problem today with Islam. Sunni this, Shia that, meanwhile no one wants to remember that Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was niether Shia nor Sunni, but Muslim.

So, the pros are simple with all three. In their original arrivals, they were beautiful, pure and right. The people who brought them, any of them, I would've gladly fought beside and given my life in combat for. The Laws are just, equal and most of all, right. If you show me the original Gospel, I'll follow it, because it tells you to obey The Most High and no other. If you show me the original Torah, I'll obey it, because it tells you the same thing. Thankfully, The Qur'an is still in it's original form, as it's the final message to mankind and it's going to be protected until the Trumpet is sounded.

The cons are just as simple. People and their ignorance. It's always about what's with you, instead of what's flat out right and what could (if you believe) get you back Home. Personally, I knew nothing about any of The Prophets (Peace and Blessings be upon them) until I read The Qur'an. It baffled me, plus let me know why most people are scared to read it. It tells you everything, and relates the stories of every Prophet you've heard of, and a few you haven't, to you. All 3 are The Abrahamic (pbuh) Religions, and since Abraham (pbuh) was the patriarch of Muhammad (pbuh), I have no choice but to love the true practitioners of those doctrines and keep them all in my prayers.

I know there are good Christians out there, because I know some personally. Likewise for good Jewish people. Those are the exceptions though.

The only time I have a problem with a Christian is when they tell me that a man of flesh and blood created everything seen and unseen, and created me as well.

The only time I have a problem with a Jew is when they tell me that Jerusalem isn't stolen land. Or when they run the "This is the land that was promised to us." line, forgetting that when Moses (pbuh) was with them and it was their time to take it, the lot of them were more scared of The Canaanites than they were of The Most High.

I've been back-tracking through scriptures for some time now, and if you treat The Qur'an as what it is, The Last Message, and go back to read the previous scriptures, sure there's some man-made lies in them, but the bits and pieces of Truth that are left in there will stagger you, because you'll see in black and white that God's Message was always the same.

Peace
    Last edited by Urban_Journalz; 04-12-2007 at 01:05 PM.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

thats pretty much exactly it bro.....(hamdullah) theres some open minded, healthy- thinking brothers out there....

PEACE

Ill thread Bro for sure. Shukronz and stay on your path man.

PEACE

I think Allah is Enlil/Yahweh.
    Break fast is served

Veteran Member

At this point, I barely trust any of them. To me, one is the religion of a desert tribe and the other two, its offshoots framed in unusual historical contexts. My experience with all 3 faiths is this:

* They have many good members who actually apply the good stuff but totally overlook the psychotic parts (slaughter the Edomites, stone people, etc)
    * Most of the members of all 3 are indifferent that they are members of those religions.
    * They all are havens for extremely screwed up individuals who try to cover their iniquity by pretending to be "men of God."
    * They are all based on direct and extreme contact with God but for the most part, claim that it is somehow impossible to experience God the way the prophets did.
    * They all contain evangelists who are willing to bend scriptures, science, and historical events to make it appear their religions are true. Many people fall for this but with careful research, most claims can be debunked.

I consider Judaism and Islam to be brothers. Islam is just Judaism universalized with some practices changed around. Christianity doesn't seem like it should be counted as related to the other two to me though; it has too many Hellenistic/pagan/stoic influences. It isn't as Abrahamic as people say it is.

My favorite? It depends on the context. Eastern Orthodox Christianity is my favorited Christianity because they've managed to keep the mystical elements that probably made the faith great in its original form. I like Islam's universalism- universal justice, universal peace, etc. I consider Judaism the most practical for the real world, thanks in large part to its long oral tradition. I can't say I believe any of them to be true though. That's just what I've found in my research.

Quote Originally Posted by V4D3R View Post
    I think Allah is Enlil/Yahweh.
    And Adonai, and Jah and Jehovah and The Man Upstairs and IHVH.

Veteran Member

Urban, your right on point. The problem is people alright. I heard some muslims say "Prophet Muhammed (S.A.S) is the best.." neglecting the fact that in the Quran it says they (the Prophets) have the same status; they are all Prophets of God, delivering the message of One God.

Some muslims read and follow the most stupid hadith (even though it contradicts Quran) and think they are guided.

The Quran is meant to be read and lived out in one's life. But some "muslims" just recite the arabic Quran for reward, and don't apply the lessons. By just reciting it without understanding, they missed the valuable message in it.

Some "muslims" will say they are this sect or that, and your right, it clearly says in the Quran that those who divide themselves in terms of religion are evil and will go to hell (just a paraphrase).

Some "muslims" think that if they grow a beard more than 5 inches and where a long robe , they will enter heaven. Meanwhile they give dirty looks to people, are not nice, and intolerant (some of them).

Some "muslimas" think they have to where hijab, but they are told to cover their "chest" in the Quran not their hair. If a woman is wearing a shirt (like most women do), then there is no need for hijab, it is a tribal thing that dates back to ancient Egyptian/Israeli times.

So much emphasist is placed on beards, hijab, the long robe, and prayer among some "muslims" that they forget the Quran is about elevating human character not appearances.
    Last edited by diggy; 04-13-2007 at 02:44 AM.

some of that is true diggy....a lot of muslims nowadays are all about the beards and skull caps an what have you, but forget the main teachings! strength of character is PARAMOUNT in the qua,ran, but bare bearded muslims have all the physical adornments and shit but lack the inner guidence...refering to the hijab that is no way a tribal/or traditional garment...it is used to preserve the womens beauty from male strangers (and make them less susipteble to rape and other forms of shit....

Guardian of the 1st house Hellspawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    and B: The Jews know the truth. The ones that study their scriptures and know them cold, know damn well that Islam is The Final Call. www.jews-for-allah.com is proof of a Brother that honestly knows that the same God who gave Moses (pbuh) The Torah, and Jesus (pbuh) The Gospel, gave Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) The Qur'an.
    Man, that site is crazy for real, I never saw so much wisdom for a long time. this man knows what he talks about he studied both religions to the fullest and have a source for every information he mentionned. The gap between Judaism and Islam could be so thin sometimes.
    great link Urban, thanx

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

I think all three religions are good. Only bad thing about religious people is when they try and say somthing about your religion is wrong, or when they calim their religion is the correct religion.

People need that spiritual growth, regardless of where it comes from.

Islam, christianity, 5%, Judaism.....whatever inity's or isms your into, all that good stuff, it's all peace.

Quote Originally Posted by sidious_katana View Post
    some of that is true diggy....a lot of muslims nowadays are all about the beards and skull caps an what have you, but forget the main teachings! strength of character is PARAMOUNT in the qua,ran, but bare bearded muslims have all the physical adornments and shit but lack the inner guidence...refering to the hijab that is no way a tribal/or traditional garment...it is used to preserve the womens beauty from male strangers (and make them less suseptible to rape and other forms of shit....
    Props Sid. Especially in today's society, it's vital for a woman to maintain her self-respect and dignity to the fullest. Everything that's precious in the world is hard to get a hold of. A pearl, you have to dive for. A diamond you have to spend a long time cutting. Gold you have to dig deep in the ground for. A woman is one of the most precious gifts in the world, so she shouldn't be easy to get a hold of. If she is, she's worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    Urban, your right on point. The problem is people alright. I heard some muslims say "Prophet Muhammed (S.A.S) is the best.." neglecting the fact that in the Quran it says they (the Prophets) have the same status; they are all Prophets of God, delivering the message of One God.

Some muslims read and follow the most stupid hadith (even though it contradicts Quran) and think they are guided.

The Quran is meant to be read and lived out in one's life. But some "muslims" just recite the arabic Quran for reward, and don't apply the lessons. By just reciting it without understanding, they missed the valuable message in it.

Some "muslims" will say they are this sect or that, and your right, it clearly says in the Quran that those who divide themselves in terms of religion are evil and will go to hell (just a paraphrase).

Some "muslims" think that if they grow a beard more than 5 inches and where a long robe , they will enter heaven. Meanwhile they give dirty looks to people, are not nice, and intolerant (some of them).

Some "muslimas" think they have to where hijab, but they are told to cover their "chest" in the Quran not their hair. If a woman is wearing a shirt (like most women do), then there is no need for hijab, it is a tribal thing that dates back to ancient Egyptian/Israeli times.

So much emphasist is placed on beards, hijab, the long robe, and prayer among some "muslims" that they forget the Quran is about elevating human character not appearances.
    That's insane reality for the most part Diggz. One of the Imams at my masjid got on me for reading a book called, "The Muslim Jesus: Sayings and Stories In Islamic Literature". Claiming that there was no historic basis behind it. Meanwhile, touching on what you said about some "muslims" following the dumbest and more questionable hadiths, he's one of the ones that believes music is harram (wrong). Meanwhile in Qur'an it tells you to "Sing the praises of thy Lord." and in Sunnah in tells you that in Paradise there will be sights the likes of which no eye has ever seen and music the likes of which no ear has ever heard.

One of the main things that pisses me off is the clothing debate. I actually had a so-called muslimah, but really a hypocrite, tell me that the clothes I was wearing were harram! T-shirts, jeans, timbs, the whole 9 basically. Meanwhile I'm thinkin', "Nowhere in Qur'an or Sunnah, OR in any of the other scriptures, did God tell us that t-shirts and jeans were wrong. He said, "I have given you clothes that they may be a covering of your shame and that they may be an adornment for you." CLOTHES, you know?? She also got on me about the beard thing.

I got pissed majorly, because check her habits. She doesn't make the prayers properly. Either she races through them (which is another common flaw among many so-called muslims), she gossips, she backbites, etc. All the while wearing a full Islamic garb. Meanwhile me and my mother are the only ones there who make our prayers with aim and purpose, taking our time and all that. The hypocrites act like your Islam is based on what you wear, how much Qur'an you can recite and how long your beard is.

None of them talk about what's happening in The Middle East when we all sit down to eat. They talk about their businesses, relationships, etc. The lot of hypocrites use Islam as a mask for their constant evils.

I do intend to grow my beard soon, Insha-Allah, but I believe it's much more important that I make my prayers on time and in the proper manner. That I don't steal, lie, or take any life that The Most High has made sacred.

I really hate the way the misuse The Qur'an though. Straight up. They treat it like a textbook instead of a spiritual and moral guide.

I'm like this, nobody's perfect here, but that doesn't mean you can't strive for perfection. Shoot for the moon, cuz even if you miss, you'll be among the stars. The best generations after Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) were 3 in number. All others after that are playing serious catch-up. But the ones that flat-out don't care, mis-represent, I keep 'em away from me. Straight up. If it was a time of war, like serious war. Defending one of the 3 Holy Cities style war, they'd be off and runnin' before the sound of the first gunshot. Punks are the same in every group and should be despised just as much in this one.