Thread: Wtf!!!!!!!!!! W T F Help

Angry Wtf!!!!!!!!!! W T F Help

Ok i need some help....i just bought a couple hundred blank dvd+r's but when i try to burn data onto them it wont work...i tried burning in nero, ashampoo,power2go...everything n its saying that the disc is not compatible??? wtf..and they not some bootleg dvds they was made by sony so why the hell arnt they burning
    Last edited by renagade410; 04-15-2007 at 10:15 PM.

yes ive burnt hundreds of movies already but these dvds aint burnin..... i fuckin hate sony

How old is your DVD burner. Back when they were first selling the technology they put out two different types. DVD+R and DVD-R That little mark between the letters makes all the difference. If your DVD burner will only do DVD-R then a DVD+R disc won't work and vice versa. Almost all recent DVD burners are compattable with both so if it's a newer drive then you have nothing to worry about.
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

i just bought this laptop no more than 4months ago....i think either the burner is broke or the cds are cuz i burnt this kind b4 just not with the sony brand imma buy the kind that i usually use n if that dont work then im screwed

*Edit*

Ok so my burner is semi broke? it wont read any dvd that i use...even the ones that ive already burnt b4....it says that no disc is inserted into the drive BUT it still lets me bun and listen to cds....does anybody know why this is
    Last edited by renagade410; 04-16-2007 at 08:38 AM.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Check your DVD burner settings

Try uninstalling your DVD drive out of the device manager. I'm assuming you're running XP so to do it just go to the My Computer icon and right click it, on the menu select "Manage" on the left hand side of the window you should see an icon labled Device Manager. Select that and on the right you'll see a section labeled "DVD/CD-ROM drives" click that plus next to it to expand it and you should see your DVD drive. Right click on it and select "Uninstall" it'll ask if you really want to do this, click yes.

It should ask you to restart your computer afterwards, do that and when windows boots back up it should re-detect the drive. Hopefully after all that it'll function again.
    Still Ain't Nuttin Ta Fuk Wit

Quote Originally Posted by Bloo View Post
    Try uninstalling your DVD drive out of the device manager. I'm assuming you're running XP so to do it just go to the My Computer icon and right click it, on the menu select "Manage" on the left hand side of the window you should see an icon labled Device Manager. Select that and on the right you'll see a section labeled "DVD/CD-ROM drives" click that plus next to it to expand it and you should see your DVD drive. Right click on it and select "Uninstall" it'll ask if you really want to do this, click yes.

It should ask you to restart your computer afterwards, do that and when windows boots back up it should re-detect the drive. Hopefully after all that it'll function again.
    im about to try this if it works u will recieve 72 virgins in the afterlife lol

well that didnt work either and i bought that dvd cleaner n that aint work so im just gonna get an external dvd burner they only like 70$

but just a heads up...dont EVER get a gateway i fuckin hte this peice of shit smh