Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok. I have come up with statistics for good/bad tippers.

Big Risk 1 of the Realest Big Risk's Avatar

Default Ok. I have come up with statistics for good/bad tippers.

I am a pizza hut delievery driver when im not in college, and since i got there I learned alot about different cultures. I have made a chart of what % each culture gives as a tip.

White but country - they usually give 15% - 25% which is alot.

White rich but unhappy - 8 - 10 %

White rich and happy - 30% - 35%

Hispanic rich and under - 20% - 25%

Black upper class - 8 - 10%

black rich happy - 8 - 15%

Black rich and unhappy - 8 - 10%

Jews doesnt matter what type they are - 5% - 8%

Hindu doesnt matter either - 5% - 8%

Asian all give usually 10% - 15%

Muslims - 5 - 8%

and I have tip records to back all of this up. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DEAL WITH THE BAD TIPPERS? WHY THE FUCK YOU GONNA GIVE ME 2 DOLLAR TIP ON A 60.00$ ORDER?!?!?!? Is it a cultural thing or what?

Banned

Lol @ Pizza. Lets make pasta.

Another factor you should put into the equation is how long it took for the pizza to arrive. If it always come at the same time then it might not matter however there might be some correlation with that too.

I guess some cultures are more intact with that ediquite of tipping than others. Some people don't look at the percentage but maybe just give an certain amount.

If you were a bartender things would be different of who you choose to sever first by getting a big early tip when people are in need of drinks. I don't know if tipping the pizza man will get your pizza with more toppings and faster delivery in the future....I don't remember the last time I got a pizza delivered to me.

Herbivore

nah, i used to deliver and black people, whether they were rich or not , they hardly EVER tipped (one rich black lady tipped well, though). even jamal tinsley, a former player for the indiana pacers did not tip at all. i used to HATE having to deliver to black people! jews tipped very little. i could tell they were jews by this stupid little thing that jews hang by their door, i'd see that and be like FUCK!! whites, poor or rich used to tip decent to well, to even very well (one guy would tip 50 bucks on a 50 dollar order). indian and arab people tipped horrible, like jews. fortunately, i delivered in a very affluent area but we did get some deliveries to apartments outside of the wealthy area, and some businesses, that was where the non-white deliveries came into play. oh, asian people tipped decent, like most white people. they seem to pretty much assimilate within the white way of life.

delivering was the shit! i made over 30k a year just working 30 hours per week (and that was a 2nd job on top of my day job). i have a bad temper at times so it only lasted 8 months, kept flipping out at dumb shit, one time even called back a customer and bitched them out for not tipping.

i tip very well when i go out to vegan restaurants. the host/hostess can expect at least a 15 dollar tip out of me!

the most i made in one 8 hour shift was 170.00 in tips/delivery charges. and that was on top of the 6.10 per hour they give you on an hourly basis.

my advice is, if you want to deliver, delivery in a wealthy, predominantly white area - it's a lot safer and you'll make more money!
    Last edited by Vegan; 04-16-2007 at 04:27 PM.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

I tip 5 bucks for a delivery of Pizza...

When I'm out at a restuarant I'll tip 25% because thats how I roll!

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

One more thing...Pizza delivery drivers should not expect a tip..I do it out of courtesy.

They ain't doing anything but taking a pizza and deliverying it. They get paid to do so...as waiters and waitresses take your order deliver you food and interact with you during you dining time.

I fucking hated tipping for a long time, firstly you don't have to do it in England thats why I find it so fucked up, well you never used to anyway, but everywhere just after friends started in England you see tip jars everywhere and my friend is to embarrassed not to tip the pizza delivery man out of my fuckin money. Pisses me off how England is just a USA dick rider now.

Oh yeah, it also depends on your race. Maybe if you're white some of those customers aren't too fond of white people, but some don't care. Nevertheless when the non racist ones give 20% and the racist ones only give 5%, if will average out somewhere to 10% depending on the proportions.

Then you can conclude that some people are racist but not all.

P.S. I Got a statistics exam on Wednesday.

I think it's messed up if you order a pizza, and you don't tip at all. Yeah, a pizza delivery person is different than a waiter/waitress. But the waiter/waitress also isn't using up a bunch of gas, and wear and tear on their car, during orders, like a pizza delivery guy. Do you know how much gas costs, especially in the last few years? And how much wear and tear it is on the delivery guy's car? Some places around here now have a mandatory tip on each order, cause of the high price of gas. Like your order might have a mandatory one dollar tip added to it. The pizza guy would make hardly anything at all, without tips.

'

A while back I was drunk and ended up tipping the dominoes dude like $10 bucks by accident when he was making change for me.

He deserves it though for all the times he's had to interact with my belligerent guests...

Veteran Member

im mixed i give like 3 or 4 dollar tip on $10-15 order dont know what its supposed to be but fuck it thats what im givin

Herbivore

look, if you tip good at the restaurant, you should tip good when getting delivery. think about it, they are bringing food to your doorstep so your ass can sit up in the building and chill.

Herbivore

Quote Originally Posted by VallKano View Post
    im mixed i give like 3 or 4 dollar tip on $10-15 order dont know what its supposed to be but fuck it thats what im givin
    that's about average, and that's cool.

as long as a driver can average out getting 4 dollars per del, plus the dollar the pizza place gives them, they're good. look, if they take 15 dels and got the 4+1, they made $75 for the shift. plus the hourly wage. they'll prob have to pop 15 in the tank, so they net 60.

what will happen in a night usually is, you'll get some high tips, like in the 7 dollar range, some bad ones like for a dollar, and some average ones at 3 or 4. it usually all adds up in the end, unless you deliver in a bad area, then you're fucked.

why should the customer have to give a shit about the delivery mans gas? thats up to them or there employer, its not our problem. people pay tax, shouldn't have to give people a better wage cos they are doing what they are meant to be doing - there job. have you seen what pizza places charge here to? its a rip off.

edit:
    haha i just remembered when i was young on holiday in malta my mum gave me a tip to give the waiter, i went around to give it to him but then stopped and was like fuck that we don't know him and kept it.
    Last edited by Kong; 04-17-2007 at 06:33 AM.

For Real, Fuck A Tip