Thread: Pro Football

OlympiQ

Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post
    there are many QBs like RG3 who flame out too so i dont see your point here. busts happen.
    name them?

so you're gonna dismiss this guy completely for 2 games out 14? okay..
    You tried to blame the defense when they have actually bailed Luck out on multiple occasions. to sit there and try to demean every other part of the team to build up Luck is just laughable.
    yeah that was his name, curtis painter. him and kerry kollins were awful and having all the same weapons peyton was successful with for years didnt help them one bit. dallas clark, austin collie, blair white, pierre garcon, reggie wayne. a lot of talent that didnt do jack when painter and kollins were under center. they played in the same crappy division with more or less the same schedule...only 2 games.
    It doesn't matter the weapons when you have the worst QB in the NFL as your starter.
    lets just assume(with no way to substantiate it) the colts being behind is all luck's fault, he gets them out of those binds. again, he's proving he can overcome mistakes and make plays when the chips are down which is a well saught after trait in a QB.
    Great, so you're ok with the captain who shoots a hole in the boat with his gun as long as he helps the rest of the crew bail in the end.

But you're not ok with the captain who avoids shooting the hole in the boat in the first place.

The only impressive comeback that HE actually led was against Detroit.

let's also just ignore the fact that Griffin led 2 game-winning drives WITH HIS ARM and watched his defense blow the first one.
    RG3 is on pace to throw is 400 times. a very low number considering guys like the manning brothers, tom brady, and drew brees will have thrown more than 600 times at season's end.
    Why do you try to compare Griffin to the elite QBs in todays game but compare Luck to a rookie Manning? Again a rookie Matt Ryan threw the ball as much RG3 has and is now a elite passer. So what's your point?
    The difference from Rg3 and alex smith is Rg3 is a serious run threat. as far as passing both arent being asked to make plays with their arm. just manage the game and not make mistakes, but again, Rg3 can hurt you on the ground, thats his advantage.
    Griffin has already had a better passing season than anyone of the 8 years Alex Smith has had as a pro with two games to go this season. Comparing an 8th year (now backup) game managing QB backed by a great defense to a rookie sensation is a joke, and you know it. Just stop.

RG3 is not a 'running QB'. He's a QB with a cannon for an arm and very good accuracy who also happens to have elite speed. If the Redskins decided next year to quit running option plays, Griffin wouldn't suddenly become ineffective.

that QB rating includes all of his over 700 yards rushing with 6 TDs(as a QB)
    Cam Newton, Tim Tebow, Michael Vick, and Vince Young have all ran for that many yards/tds and never had a qb rating as high as a rookie Griffin. next excuse?
    and the YPA? its called play action passes setup by a great running game. its much more effective when you are a serious run threat am i sure the defenses are biting leaving Rg3 with wide open receivers down field to throw to.
    On intermediate throws (10-20 yards) he's completed 42 passes, more than Brady or Rodgers. RG3 's ball placement is elite.

ballard might get 800 yards by the end of the year. those are terrible numbers. ladanian tomlinson was considered washed up when he was putting up those type of numbers with the chargers. ballard is a journeymen RB.
    NIGGA YOU MAKE THE WORST COMPARISONS I'VE EVER SEEN. of course 800 yards is considered washed up taking into consideration LT's HOF career. 800 yards for a starting back is AVERAGE like I've been saying the entire time. do I have to define "average" for you?
    Last edited by OlympiQ; 12-21-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO AKA HEAT View Post
    HOW BOUT THEM 3RD PLACE GIANTs ROFL
    Hahahahahahahaha

So is this thread a fight between OlympiQ and THE W now? What if their teams meet in the Super Bowl?

^^
    I doubt that

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    ^^
    I doubt that
    Me too, but you never know it could happen.

-David Akers quits Twitter after death threat

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4444--nfl.html

People are idiots!!!!

i haven't seen a cocksucker like OlympiQueer since portis24, which leads me to believe that they are actually the same person.

rg3 is my nigga and all but damn, motherfuckers take this shit too seriously, furiously typing up whole manifesto's in retort and shit lol

OlympiQ

Quote Originally Posted by SNAKE JAILBIRD View Post
    i haven't seen a cocksucker like OlympiQueer since portis24, which leads me to believe that they are actually the same person.
    The W is calling a player that leads the NFL in turnovers the next GOAT yet I get called a secondary cause I'm stating RG3 can actually throw? Do you know how fucking stupid you sound?

rg3 is my nigga and all but damn, motherfuckers take this shit too seriously, furiously typing up whole manifesto's in retort and shit lol
    Did you even bother reading through our posts before typing something this dumb? Your first statement pretty much confirmed that you are a fucking retarded piece of shit but really?
    Last edited by OlympiQ; 12-22-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post
    name them?

You tried to blame the defense when they have actually bailed Luck out on multiple occasions. to sit there and try to demean every other part of the team to build up Luck is just laughable.

It doesn't matter the weapons when you have the worst QB in the NFL as your starter.
    Great, so you're ok with the captain who shoots a hole in the boat with his gun as long as he helps the rest of the crew bail in the end.

But you're not ok with the captain who avoids shooting the hole in the boat in the first place.

The only impressive comeback that HE actually led was against Detroit.

let's also just ignore the fact that Griffin led 2 game-winning drives WITH HIS ARM and watched his defense blow the first one.

Why do you try to compare Griffin to the elite QBs in todays game but compare Luck to a rookie Manning? Again a rookie Matt Ryan threw the ball as much RG3 has and is now a elite passer. So what's your point?

Griffin has already had a better passing season than anyone of the 8 years Alex Smith has had as a pro with two games to go this season. Comparing an 8th year (now backup) game managing QB backed by a great defense to a rookie sensation is a joke, and you know it. Just stop.

RG3 is not a 'running QB'. He's a QB with a cannon for an arm and very good accuracy who also happens to have elite speed. If the Redskins decided next year to quit running option plays, Griffin wouldn't suddenly become ineffective.

Cam Newton, Tim Tebow, Michael Vick, and Vince Young have all ran for that many yards/tds and never had a qb rating as high as a rookie Griffin. next excuse?

On intermediate throws (10-20 yards) he's completed 42 passes, more than Brady or Rodgers. RG3 's ball placement is elite.

NIGGA YOU MAKE THE WORST COMPARISONS I'VE EVER SEEN. of course 800 yards is considered washed up taking into consideration LT's HOF career. 800 yards for a starting back is AVERAGE like I've been saying the entire time. do I have to define "average" for you?
    the fact remains that RG3 is running an option read offense predicated on running the football where he's barely throwing it. those 10-20 yard throws are to wide open receivers from defenses biting on play action and focusing on the run. this will happen even more so when you have a running attack as effective as the redskins.

whether or not he would continue to be mistake free if he were running tom brady or peyton mannings offense remains to be seen and it may not ever be seen since he has the ability to run.

if the possibility of amassing 800 yards for the year rushing is what the average running attack puts up than there's a lot of teams with poor running games. the colts running attack is not even in the same stratosphere as the redskins or even the patriots who convert long first downs on the ground often. tom brady still throws it though, because thats what the offense is predicated on. luck doesnt have this luxury and he's hardly a threat to break a 30 yard run on you either. 800 yards over 16 games. thats 50 yards a game. you call that effective? you call that being anywhere close to what the redskins have?

peyton manning lead the league in turnovers his first year too. look where he's at now. matt ryan wasnt running an option read offense as he didnt have WR speed.

you'll say how do i know luck will become a more efficient passer? i dont. in the same way you dont know that RG3 would continue to be as effiecent in a throwing oriented offense. we'll get to see luck's maturation process next year. we wont for RG3 as he'll remain in the option read offense that protects him as a thrower. there's no reason to change.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

-

I was surprised the Giants got shut out by Atlanta and i was surprised the 49ers beat the Patriots. What's up with Pittsburgh? They should've beat Dallas. They may not make the playoffs. If i was Mike Shanahan, i would rest Robert Griffin because the Redskins could beat the Eagles without him. I think Kirk Cousins could win that game.

RG3's play fake is the new AI crossover.

the thing is the Redskins havent been down in many games this year. we dont need to throw 50 times a game when the game plan is being executed. if we got down 20-0 in the 1st or 2nd qtr then you would see a pass happy RG3. why fix something thats not broke?

OlympiQ

we're just going to have to agree to disagree on a couple of matters because neither of us is going to back away from our stance.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post
    the fact remains that RG3 is running an option read offense predicated on running the football where he's barely throwing it. those 10-20 yard throws are to wide open receivers from defenses biting on play action and focusing on the run. this will happen even more so when you have a running attack as effective as the redskins.
    I just don't think it should be a knock on RG3 that his first read tends to be open, because he IS the one creating those throwing lanes. This is why that Alex Smith comparison fails. Smith is not responsible for Frank Gore's running success which leads to the PA.

RG3 also has tremendous accuracy and ball placement. There is a reason that his receivers get so much YAC.

Luck is inefficient regardless of how effective his run game is.

whether or not he would continue to be mistake free if he were running tom brady or peyton mannings offense remains to be seen and it may not ever be seen since he has the ability to run.
    Griffin is a bit too careful with his passes almost to a fault. We can agree to disagree.
    f the possibility of amassing 800 yards for the year rushing is what the average running attack puts up than there's a lot of teams with poor running games. the colts running attack is not even in the same stratosphere as the redskins or even the patriots who convert long first downs on the ground often. tom brady still throws it though, because thats what the offense is predicated on. luck doesnt have this luxury and he's hardly a threat to break a 30 yard run on you either. 800 yards over 16 games. thats 50 yards a game. you call that effective? you call that being anywhere close to what the redskins have?
    I never once called the Colts run game on par with the Skins own. but 850 yards on 200 carries is average for a starting back, not good nor bad but average. If you want to continue to claim the Colts have no running game even though their statistically ranked in the middle of the pack then we'll have to agree to disagree.

peyton manning lead the league in turnovers his first year too. look where he's at now.
    this is exactly I why stated "you seem to be making a lot of presumptions. There are also alot of QBs similar to Luck that have flamed out entirely and ended up as epic busts, too." because you keep assuming Luck will be the exception (Peyton Manning).

And Peyton Manning didnt win Rookie of the Year that season anyways.
    matt ryan wasnt running an option read offense as he didnt have WR speed.
    I was comparing them purely from a attempts standpoint because you claimed Griffin doesn't throw.

you'll say how do i know luck will become a more efficient passer? i dont. in the same way you dont know that RG3 would continue to be as effiecent in a throwing oriented offense. we'll get to see luck's maturation process next year. we wont for RG3 as he'll remain in the option read offense that protects him as a thrower. there's no reason to change.
    RG3 does not have the build of a Cam Newton or Colin kaepernick to continue this style of play if wants to have a long career as a pro. He has to transition over time to a pocket passer and over last 7 games he's doing exactly that.

First 6 Games: 7 Passing TD's - 6 Rushing TD's
    Last 7 Games: 13 Passing TD's - 0 Rushing TD's

I didn't think the Jaguars could suck even worse?

-
    Tebow headed to Jacksonville

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...5677--nfl.html

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Lets go NINERS KICK THE SEACHICKENS ASS