Thread: Pro Football

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

CK7 GETTING HIS GIANTs SUCK TAT

Last edited by check two; 12-23-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Hahahaha.

GIANTS playing so well right now. LOL

Seahawks on a roll at home again

Next week Bears over Lions and Packers over Vikings.

Here's the updated playoff picture. The NFC West and NFC East still up for grabs.

AFC

Division Leaders

1. Houston Texans (12-3)
    • Would clinch the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage through the AFC playoffs with a win at the Colts or both a Broncos loss and Patriots loss.
    • Would clinch a first-round bye with a Broncos loss or Patriots loss/tie.
    • Would be the No. 3 seed with a loss and Broncos win and Patriots win.
    Last two weeks: L 6-23 vs. Vikings, at Colts (1 ET, CBS)

2. Denver Broncos (12-3)
    • Would clinch the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage through the AFC playoffs with a win vs. the Chiefs and Texans loss/tie.
    • Would clinch a first-round bye with a win/tie or Patriots loss/tie.
    • Would be the No. 3 seed with a loss and Patriots win.
    Last two weeks: W 34-12 vs. Browns, vs. Chiefs (4:25 ET, CBS)

3. New England Patriots (11-4)
    • Would clinch the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage through the AFC playoffs with a win vs. the Dolphins and Texans loss and Broncos loss.
    • Would clinch a first-round bye with a win and either a Texans loss or Broncos loss.
    • Would clinch the No. 3 seed with a win/tie or Ravens loss/tie.
    • Would be the No. 4 seed with a loss and Ravens win.
    Last two weeks: W 23-16 at Jaguars, vs. Dolphins (4:25 ET, CBS)

4. Baltimore Ravens (10-5)
    • Clinched the North due to a better division record than the Bengals (4-1 to 2-3).
    • Would clinch the No. 3 seed with a win at the Bengals and Patriots loss.
    • Would be the No. 4 seed with a loss/tie or Patriots win/tie.
    Last two weeks: W 33-14 vs. Giants, at Bengals (1 ET, CBS)

WILD CARD LEADERS

5. Indianapolis Colts (10-5)
    • Clinched a playoff berth and the No. 5 seed with a win due to a better record in common games than the Bengals (4-1 to 3-2).
    Last two weeks: W 20-13 at Chiefs, vs. Texans (1 ET, CBS)

6. Cincinnati Bengals (9-6)
    • Clinched a playoff berth with a win and will be the No. 6 seed.
    Last two weeks: W 13-10 at Steelers, vs. Ravens (1 ET, CBS)

NFC

DIVISION LEADERS

1. Atlanta Falcons (13-2)
    • Clinched the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage in the NFC playoffs.
    Last two weeks: W 31-18 at Lions, vs. Buccaneers (1 ET, Fox)

2. Green Bay Packers (11-4)
    • Have clinched the North.
    • Would clinch a first-round bye with a win at the Vikings or both a 49ers loss and Seahawks loss/tie.
    Last two weeks: W 55-7 vs. Titans, at Vikings (4:25 ET, Fox)

3. San Francisco 49ers (10-4-1)
    • Have clinched a playoff berth.
    • Would clinch the West with a win/tie or Seahawks loss/tie.
    • Would clinch a first-round bye with a win/tie vs. the Cardinals and Packers loss.
    Last two weeks: L 13-42 at Seahawks, vs. Cardinals (4:25 ET, Fox)

4. Washington Redskins (9-6)
    • Would clinch the East and No. 4 seed with a win.
    • Would clinch a playoff berth with a Vikings loss and Bears loss.
    • Would finish behind the Cowboys with a loss to Dallas due to their record in common games (8-4 to 7-5).
    Last two weeks: W 27-20 at Eagles, vs. Cowboys (8:20 ET, NBC/Yahoo! Sports)

WILD CARD LEADERS

5. Seattle Seahawks (10-5)
    • Clinched a playoff berth and at worst the No. 5 seed due to head-to-head wins vs. the Vikings and Bears.
    • Would clinch the West (and No. 3 seed) with a win vs. the Rams and a 49ers loss, and a first-round bye if the Packers also lose.
    Last two weeks: W 42-13 vs. 49ers, vs. Rams (4:25 ET, Fox)

6. Minnesota Vikings (9-6)
    • Lead the Bears due to division record (3-2 to 2-3).
    • Would clinch a playoff berth with a win.
    • Would clinch a playoff berth with a Bears loss and Cowboys loss and Giants loss.
    Last two weeks: W 23-6 at Texans, vs. Packers (4:25 ET, Fox)

IN THE HUNT

7. Chicago Bears (9-6)
    • Would clinch a playoff berth with a win and a Vikings loss.
    Last two weeks: W 28-13 at Cardinals, at Lions (1 ET, Fox)

8. Dallas Cowboys (8-7)
    • Would clinch the East and No. 4 seed with a win due to division record (4-2 to the Giants' 3-3) and a better record in common games than the Redskins (8-4 to 7-5).
    • Cannot be a wild card.
    Last two weeks: L 31-34 vs. Saints, at Redskins (8:20 ET, NBC/Yahoo! Sports)

9. New York Giants (8-7) lol
    • Would clinch a playoff berth with a win and Cowboys loss and either/both a Vikings loss or Bears loss.
    Last two weeks: L 14-33 at Ravens, vs. Eagles (1 ET, Fox)

Quote Originally Posted by OlympiQ View Post
    we're just going to have to agree to disagree on a couple of matters because neither of us is going to back away from our stance.

I just don't think it should be a knock on RG3 that his first read tends to be open, because he IS the one creating those throwing lanes. This is why that Alex Smith comparison fails. Smith is not responsible for Frank Gore's running success which leads to the PA.

RG3 also has tremendous accuracy and ball placement. There is a reason that his receivers get so much YAC.

Luck is inefficient regardless of how effective his run game is.

Griffin is a bit too careful with his passes almost to a fault. We can agree to disagree.

I never once called the Colts run game on par with the Skins own. but 850 yards on 200 carries is average for a starting back, not good nor bad but average. If you want to continue to claim the Colts have no running game even though their statistically ranked in the middle of the pack then we'll have to agree to disagree.

this is exactly I why stated "you seem to be making a lot of presumptions. There are also alot of QBs similar to Luck that have flamed out entirely and ended up as epic busts, too." because you keep assuming Luck will be the exception (Peyton Manning).

And Peyton Manning didnt win Rookie of the Year that season anyways.

I was comparing them purely from a attempts standpoint because you claimed Griffin doesn't throw.

RG3 does not have the build of a Cam Newton or Colin kaepernick to continue this style of play if wants to have a long career as a pro. He has to transition over time to a pocket passer and over last 7 games he's doing exactly that.

First 6 Games: 7 Passing TD's - 6 Rushing TD's
    Last 7 Games: 13 Passing TD's - 0 Rushing TD's
    i guess wee will

i watched the redskins latest game and they were doing pretty much what i said they do. read option offense. a lot of short passes, screens, pitches, reversals, play-action. griffen did have a nice 22 yard TD pass to santana moss to the corner of the end zone. basically their whole offense is predicated on the effectiveness of the run game. RG3 and alfred morris could split the ROTY award.

besides reggie wayne luck has nothing. no league leading running game like the redskins(just "average"), no elite defense like the seahawks(just "average"), new coach, gutted offensive roster, and he's thrown for over 4,000 yards(something peyton manning or any other rookie has never done) and has his team in the playoffs.

its true that peyton manning wasnt up for ROTY his rookie season. i think the colts only won 5 games that year.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by llBARlllCODEll View Post
    RG3's play fake is the new AI crossover.

the thing is the Redskins havent been down in many games this year. we dont need to throw 50 times a game when the game plan is being executed. if we got down 20-0 in the 1st or 2nd qtr then you would see a pass happy RG3. why fix something thats not broke?
    i agree,

shanahan put that offense together to suit RG3's skill set and shanahan has been known for developing good running backs. they are what are and they're successful.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

-

I'm disappointed Pittsburgh won't be in the playoffs. They've been playing shitty lately. They might lose to Cleveland Sunday. I wish the Dallas and Redskins game wasn't coming on late at 8pm. I don't think the Giants are gonna make the playoffs and i'll be disappointed if they don't. Doesn't Cleveland have a chance to make the playoffs? Hahahahahahahahaha. I miss talking to NickyTooch. What happened to him?

No the playoff picture in the AFC is set, but the seeding of the teams are set as far as who will get seeds one through four, but the Colts will be the fifth seed, and the Bengales will be the sixth seed. The NFC on the other hand the teams are not set

The Seahawks look pretty dangerous in the NFC.

IronSheik

Default ProBowlers Announced

http://on.nfl.com/2013ProBowlers
    - 49ers led with the most players (9)

IronSheik

Default Bills Blackmailed New York Taxpayers Into Covering 84 Percent Of Stadium Renovations

An agreement was announced in a "hastily called news conference" to keep the Bills in Buffalo (actually Orchard Park) through at least 2020. But the real story is in the details: the Bills have been allowed to pick up just 16 percent of the costs to keep them in town. If you've ever had the slightest curiosity as to how sweetheart a deal an NFL team can possibly get, the full agreement can be read below.

It's going to cost $271 million for upgrades to Ralph Wilson Stadium and 10 years of running the place on gameday. The Bills will pay just $44 million of that. Erie County will cover $103 million, while the state of New York is on the hook for $123 million. If that turns out to be not cushy enough, the Bills can buy their way out of the lease after year seven. We and others have railed against the outrage of public financing for stadiums for years, but it's still shocking to see in 2012 a textbook case of a community held for ransom, forced to give in to every last demand of a franchise threatening to move.

Less than a year after the owners of the Rogers Centre and Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment announced their hopes of moving an NFL franchise to Toronto, Bills owner Ralph Wilson petitioned the league to let his team be the guinea pig. Since 2008 the Bills have played one game a year in Toronto, to high-priced tickets and high attendance. Wilson has been circumspect when asked about moving the team, and the 94-year-old, in poor health, has reportedly advised his children to sell the Bills when he dies. The very public flirtation with Toronto (and the omnipresent threat of Los Angeles) has had one goal: to wring every last cent out of fearful New Yorkers.

It's worked. The Bills are getting a full renovation, mostly on the taxpayers tab. For example:
    • The team store will be moved to the stadium's west end plaza, at a total cost of $2.6 million. The Bills will pay just $720,000 of that.
    • They're going to wire the bathrooms so you can hear live game sound while you piss. It'll cost $600,000, but the Bills are only on the hook for $164,000.
    • The sideline club seats will now be heated, for $970,000. The Bills only have to cover $264,000 of that.

The Bills, who own virtually nothing in their own stadium, will pay just $800,000 a year in rent.

There was a fear among Bills fans in Western New York for years that when Wilson died the team would be sold, and move to a city like L.A, because Wilson's daughters want nothing to do with the team when he passes away, so this does not shock me at all that the Bills would get such a great deal for them, but a shitty one for Buffalo, because they knew they could get away with it.

OlympiQ

Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post
    i guess wee will

i watched the redskins latest game and they were doing pretty much what i said they do. read option offense. a lot of short passes, screens, pitches, reversals, play-action. griffen did have a nice 22 yard TD pass to santana moss to the corner of the end zone. basically their whole offense is predicated on the effectiveness of the run game. RG3 and alfred morris could split the ROTY award.
    don't recall myself ever denying the Redskins being a run first team. I'm saying RG actually "can" and "does" throw.

As for last Sundays game, with RG surprisingly hindered with that knee I didn't see a single read-option and the pistol was used sparingly. He did convert a couple 3rd down and longs with impressive throws on the first thrive and another to Pierre Garcon on a post-corner for a long gain when the run game was completely ineffective in the first half. so again lets not act as if he can't throw.
    besides reggie wayne luck has nothing. no league leading running game like the redskins(just "average"), no elite defense like the seahawks(just "average"), new coach, gutted offensive roster, and he's thrown for over 4,000 yards(something peyton manning or any other rookie has never done) and has his team in the playoffs.

its true that peyton manning wasnt up for ROTY his rookie season. i think the colts only won 5 games that year.
    we have a rookie kicker, rookie RB, terrible pass blocking o-line and even worse secondary. Stars like Orakpo, Carriker, Fred Davis are out. Key players like AC, Merrieweather out and been without our #1 reciever for half the year yet Griffin has his team one game away from winning the divison. I would take what Luck has had to work with at reciever over what we've had at that position this season and I could list SEVERAL nfl records Griffin (and the depleted offense he has led) has broken this season.

both QB's have done a very impressive job carrying their teams, I think we can at least agree on that.
    Last edited by OlympiQ; 12-28-2012 at 05:02 PM.