Thread: Pro Football

IronSheik

Default Jim Irsay Mailed Fan $8,500 Cash For Predicting Right Score of AFC Championship Game

9ers win 37-30

IronSheik

Default Fan Brawl @ Pro Bowl that interrupted the game

Former 49ers first round pick, Kwame Harris, arrested for assaulting ex boyfriend.

The dispute started when Harris got upset at his friend, Dimitri Geier, for pouring soy sauce on a plate of rice. Harris also accused Geier of stealing his underwear and tried pulling the man's pants down.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...2387--nfl.html

i seem to recall him bent over in front of jeff garcia as a rookie. i think they called it "hazing".

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Bwahahahahaha...

NINERS TO DEMORALIZE THE RAVENS THIS SUNDAY!

lol @ Joe Flacco sounding like a little girl by complaining if he had to play in a cold weather super bowl, when football is meant to be played in the cold.

lol @ Randy Moss saying he's had a better career than Jerry Rice

Veteran Member

"Put my numbers next to his numbers" LOL OWNED

IronSheik

lol...when u got a personality like Randy...how u think he's gonna respond when asked that? dumb ass media constantly baiting him with that ? so they get their soundbites

anyway he can say whatever he wants...as long as he has a good game & takes home his 1st ring

Randy Moss is one of my favourite players to ever play receiver, but the truth of the matter is he played for four teams, and you can only argue he was the best receiver in one of those teams history, however the other three you can't!!!!

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Randy Moss probably is the most talented WR ever to play the game. Best? I don't know about that. In all fairness, the only time Randy ever got to play with an elite QB, he was putting up numbers never seen before. That's a fact. Randy also hurt himself by signing with the Raiders. That team was a complete joke. If Randy had Rice's work ethic and team talent level that Rice's 49ers had, he would without a doubt be the greatest. He would also have rings right now. That's just not how things worked out though.

Moss did not sign with the Raiders he was traded to them, and you're right if he would have not taken plays off, and played when he wanted to play than he probably would have more of an argument, but he did not do that, and he has no one else to blame, but his self.

49ers cornerback and Ghostface fan, Chris Culliver, says that a gay teammate would not be allowed and he would beat him up, during Artie Lange interview.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--re...190346715.html

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

WTF^How foolish of him

IronSheik

Default NFL Doesn’t Test For The PED Ray Lewis Says He’s Never Tested Positive For

Ray Lewis spoke with S.W.A.T.S.'s owner Mitch Ross in October to request items that would speed his recovery from a torn right triceps.

SI reported that Ray Lewis had received the banned substance IGF-1, a muscle-building hormone resembling insulin. (Two years ago, Yahoo reported the same thing.) Lewis responded in two ways. First, he blamed it on the devil. Second, he noted that he has never failed a drug test.
    "Every test, I've ever took in the NFL, there's never been a question if I ever even thought about using anything."
    The Ravens, through a spokesman, reiterated the point.
    "Ray has been randomly tested for banned substances and has never failed a test. He has never been notified of a failed test," said Kevin Byrne, the Ravens' vice president of communications.
    IGF-1 is banned by the NFL and every professional sports league. But the NFL does not test for IGF-1, because it is only detectable through blood testing. The league and union are still fighting over how to implement blood testing, which remains an imperfect science. Lewis and every other player could take any number of banned substances, but if they're not detectable through urine testing, the NFL would never find out. That includes HGH, the non-steroidal PED of choice.

This point was muddled in the immediate aftermath of the allegations against Lewis. An ESPN.com article used to contain these paragraphs:
    According to the NFL Players Association, the NFL tests for the banned substance (IGF-1) that Lewis was linked with in the SI article.
    A league source told ESPN that it can be assumed that "Ray has been randomly tested multiple times for that substance."
    Today the article has been amended, removing the league source's assertion:
    The NFL Players Association said the league does test for IGF-1, the banned substance found in deer-antler extract, but the NFL said it is not detectable with the league's current testing methods.
    The first half of that is still not correct. We followed up with NFLPA spokesman George Atallah, who told us that "wrong information was relayed"—and there currently is no testing for IGF-1. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed that for us.

Ray Lewis's defense—that he never tested positive for IGF-1—isn't actually a defense. This isn't to pile on Lewis, who would be professionally negligent if he didn't use certain untestable banned substances to get strong and hurry back from injury, since there's nearly no way he could be suspended for it. It's just to point out that any talk of enforcement or of cleaning up a sport, be it from accused players or league sources downplaying an epidemic, will never be anything more than lip service. In the NFL, and in all sports, the dopers will always be years ahead of the testers, who are left playing chemical whack-a-mole for the sake of public relations.