Thread: Pro Football

PRODIGAL SUN

NFL Legend Frank Gifford Passes Away at 84

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...way-84-n406761

RIP, I remember the Monday night football games with Frank, Al and Dan.

Scrub Jets quarterback Geno Smith gets sucker-punched by a teammate, out 6-10 weeks with a broken jaw

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jets-q...173956094.html

IronSheik

Default Team breakdown of 260 total player arrests over the last 5 yrs

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Players that are getting arrested are black LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

LOL@Check Two said Geno Smith got punched by his teammate and he's gonna be out for awhile hahahahahahahahahahaha. Geno does suck and his teammate probably hit him because he sucks LOL.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

---- Iowa State DC on bum Geno Smith getting cold-cocked: 'Didn't surprise me'

So Wally, are you surprised that a teammate cold-cocked New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith in the jaw?

Pause.

"Didn't surprise me," Iowa State's defensive coordinator Wally Burnham said after practice Wednesday.

Burnham knows all about run-ins with the former West Virginia star, whose jaw was broken by teammate IK Enemkpali during a locker room confrontation Tuesday reportedly over a $600 airplane ticket.

At halftime of the Iowa State-West Virginia game in 2012 at Jack Trice Stadium, Smith ran into Burnham as the teams headed toward their locker rooms.

"I was just walking," said Burnham, who was 71 in 2012. "He pushed me."

One of the first Cyclones on the scene was Wally's son, Shane, who coaches defensive tackles.

"We were holding for the West Virginia team to clear the field," Shane recalled Wednesday. "There was some extra-curricular activity after the last play of the half — Geno didn't appreciate something by somebody, and he took out his frustration on dad."

That didn't sit well with Shane, who did what every son would do.

"I reacted," Shane said. "Part of it is that it's your dad, and part of it is it's your Iowa State brother. It was family and football family for me. It was a double-whammy.

"He had some choice words for dad, and I might have had a few choice words in return."

Shane and Smith talked again on the field before the second half.

"We had a follow-up conversation," Shane said.

Was it nice?

"We continued the conversation," Shane said.

After the game, Cyclones linebacker Jake Knott tweeted:

"G. Smith trying to push over Coach W Burnham at half was the most classless thing I've seen. Esp. from a "leader" #GrowUp"

So after West Virginia won 31-24, did Smith apologize to Wally Burnham?

"You think so?" he responded.

That's a no.

-

When is OJ Simpson getting outta prison? He's a sad man because he had several things going for him before he went to court about the murder of his wife. He used to be a football commentator and he was doing Hertz rental car commercials. He did a few movies. There was no need for him to kill his wife Nicole. Even if she was cheating on him, so what. Dump her and find another woman. Then he wins his murder trial and you think his dumb ass would stay outta trouble and he does more dumb stuff by going to Las Vegas to rob a man who had some of his trophies and some other stuff that I think the man bought from Ebay hahahahahahahahahaha. Why did OJ think this man stole this stuff from him? Even if the man had stole the stuff from him, OJ should've let the cops do their job and arrest the man.

PRODIGAL SUN

Charles, I think you should write OJ. I think you could talk a lot of sense into him.

1200 Prison Rd,
    Lovelock, NV
    United States
    Inmate #1027820

IronSheik

Default 300-Pound Vegan Bears DT Reveals 10K-Calorie Diet

After dealing with tendonitis early in his career, David Carter knew he needed to make some lifestyle changes—so he went vegan.

Now, the Chicago Bears defensive tackle has to put in a lot of work to keep up with his new lifestyle and ensure he can still play in the NFL.

Carter opened up about his vegan diet to Luke Darby of GQ, revealing that he made the change after he had trouble just getting out of the bathtub. It's a big adjustment for someone who needs to keep his body in playing shape, but the 27-year-old has made the necessary adjustments to make it work.

The vegan diet certainly had an impact on Carter quickly. Within the first month, he lost a whopping 40 pounds and also had his pain disappear. As an NFL lineman, he couldn't afford to lose all of that weight and still be effective on the field. He has since worked himself back up to 300 pounds.

Many professional athletes follow strict diets to keep their bodies strong. Carter is no different, following a strict vegan meal plan.

Breakfast
    Oatmeal with hemp protein, bananas and berries
    Snack
    20 ounce smoothie made with cannellini beans, banana, strawberries, and spirulina
    Lunch
    Brown rice and black beans topped with avocado and cashew cheese
    Snack
    Another 20 ounce smoothie
    Another lunch
    More of the brown rice and black bean combo
    Snack
    Dinner
    Couscous with onion and garlic, and spinach salad with bell peppers
    Snack

That works out to about 10,000 calories a day. Not only that, but he puts down "1.2 grams of protein per pound per day."

Carter admitted that there are times in which he would like to skip a meal or snack. However, knowing that he has to keep a certain weight, he makes sure that he follows the meal plan.

The lifestyle change is pretty remarkable. His body was telling him that he needed to make a major shift, so he did. When he realized that his new lifestyle affected his body, he made the proper adjustments to stay in playing shape.

-

Madchild, how do you know the address to the prison where OJ is? LOL. I don't wanna write him because if I did write him, it wouldn't do any good because he wouldn't listen. He's a old man and he don't want nobody telling him what to do because he thinks he's somebody special because he's a legendary NFL player LOL. RIP to his beautiful wife Nicole. He shouldn't have killed her or he had somebody kill her. That wasn't necessary. Like I said, he should've gotten another woman if he felt she was cheating on him. I heard she was messing around with his football buddy Marcus Allen. I also didn't like when OJ and his buddy that was riding on the freeway in his truck were speeding away from the cops because he made himself look guilty for Nicole's murder. If he hadn't speeded away from the cops, he may not have gotten locked up because he would've gotten out on bail before he went to court. He was lucky to have black lawyer Johnnie Cochran representing him because he was good. RIP Johnnie.

---Former NFL quarterback Erik Kramer survives suicide attempt

Former NFL quarterback Erik Kramer survived an apparent suicide attempt Wednesday night, California law enforcement sources and his former wife told NBC News.

Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies arrived at a Calabasas motel at around 8 p.m. to find Kramer wounded from a non-life-threatening gunshot, according to the report.

Marshawn Kramer, Kramer's ex-wife, told NBC News that it was a suicide attempt and that Kramer had suffered from years of depression, which she attributes to his football career. The parents also lost their son, Griffen, a former high-school quarterback who died from a drug overdose, in 2011 at the age of 18.

"He is a very amazing man, a beautiful soul, but he has suffered depression since he was with the Bears," Marshawn Kramer said. "I can promise you he is not the same man I married."

The couple divorced in 2010.

Kramer, 50, played with four teams, mostly with the Chicago Bears and Detroit Lions, in a 10-year career between 1987 and 1999. His career highlights included leading the Lions to the NFC championship game following a 12-4 regular season in 1991. He also threw for 29 touchdowns in 1995 with the Bears, setting career highs in nearly every passing statistic that season.

--- Dick Vermeil joins ownership team of Arena Football League's Philadelphia Soul

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1...na-league-team

IronSheik

Default 'Madden 16' Trailer

PRODIGAL SUN

Jordy Nelson out for season (Left ACL)