Page 16 of 846 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116516 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: NFL Thread

haha alright

Autarch

Saints are DEFINITELY winning the super bowl THIS year.

Right now NOLA needs help, but when the Saints go undefeated, the rest of the league gonna need help. Fuck a hurricane.

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
    rep·re·sent
    To stand for; symbolize

And in the end..? Kriszy Substance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sakk
    Saints are DEFINITELY winning the super bowl THIS year.

Right now NOLA needs help, but when the Saints go undefeated, the rest of the league gonna need help. Fuck a hurricane.
    Well...you just may be right...in fact...other than the Cowboys...that is the team I would really like to see win this year...

9-11 seemed to inspire the Patriots to take care of business...your Saints may have some serious inspiration and drive after all this crazy stuff that is happening there... mad props to the Saints for keeping their heads up and dealing with the situation like true men...I honestly hope that they do well.

Love to your team and your town Sakk!

Oh and BB....funny, funny story! Good thing your a man now and you can get your perv on whenever you want! For all we know, he was scarred for life by that situation, that is some awkward shit when youre young!

I think Cowboys are almost done working things out to sign Peerless Price...yeah.. I know...he hasnt really shown a whole lot...and last thing we really need is another mediocre reciever...but Im keepin some good hope on that deal.

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, I saw they were trying to pick up Price, hmm number 3 or 4 receiver? I'm not saying Johnson or Glenn are the greatest but c'mon Peerless Price? Anyways does anyone know if the Saints are going to play the entire season in San Antonio?

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Well Let me check in and say whats up to ya'll BONG BONG Kriszy

when I have more time I'll drop another Edwin Ravens story for ya'll it feels good to know someone I was friends with for several years has made his dreams come true...Edwin is like a big teddy bear very quiet and wholesome...

WuCorp Million Dollar Man Roman Deini's Avatar

Dunn appeals to NFL players

Atlanta Falcons running back Warrick Dunn, emotionally distraught over the effect of Hurricane Katrina on his native Louisiana, issued an appeal late Thursday afternoon to all NFL players to contribute to hurricane relief efforts.

In an interview from the Falcons' team bus on their way to play the Dolphins tonight, Dunn told SI.com: "I'm challenging guys on every NFL team, except the Saints, to donate at least $5,000 to help people come back from this catastrophe. If we get players to do that, that would amount to $260,000 per team. I have heard from so many players both on my team and around the league who just want to do something. Well, this is the best thing that we can do and it's something we should do."

If Dunn is successful in getting 53 players on the 31 NFL teams to respond with the $5,000 donation, NFL players would be able to give $8.2 million to the relief effort.

Dunn is from Baton Rouge, La. He said he still does not know if his grandfather, who lived in New Orleans, "is dead, alive, at the Superdome, or on a bus somewhere." He also said his grandmother is housing 40 extended family members in one house in Baton Rouge.

The reigning NFL Man of the Year said he thinks players have a moral obligation to help the people of the Gulf Coast. "If guys don't donate," Dunn said, "they're being selfish.

"We're such a great country and it's at times like this a great country has to come together. We're looking at people on TV who have no money, no homes, no job and no idea what they're going to do with their lives. Now is when they need us most. We just have to respond and we have to respond."

Dunn will be working with the Arthur Blank family charitable foundation to organize his effort. He said whatever money is collected will be pooled and he hoped the NFL player representatives would vote on exactly what agencies would get the money. He said he already had commitments from Falcons teammates of at least the $260,000 team goal.

“Catch your dreams before they slip away. Dying all the time, lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?”

now that's repping where you come from

big up to Warrick
    live and learn, dont be a bitch

^^^Thanks for the article...good news and it must be pretty fresh too...cause I listened to sports radio all morning and they didnt mention him doing that...but they were talking about how someone should get the NFL players involved in a challenge of donation of some sorts...
    thanks for the post...Peace & Love

Freddie Michell released by Cheifs, must be cuz the cheifs are loading with receivers, lol....then later i saw the cowboys are now interested...FUCK!!!

well you can never have enough #4 recievers

WuCorp Million Dollar Man Roman Deini's Avatar

the price is wrong

“Catch your dreams before they slip away. Dying all the time, lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?”

Autarch

Saints to play opener at Giants Stadium By DAVE GOLDBERG, AP Football Writer
    September 2, 2005 NEW YORK (AP) -- The New Orleans Saints, driven from the Superdome by Hurricane Katrina, will play their home opener against the New York Giants at Giants Stadium.

It is not clear, however, when the game will be played.

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue said Friday the game, scheduled for Sept. 18, is being moved to the Giants' home in East Rutherford, N.J.

The New York Jets, who share the stadium with the Giants, are scheduled to play at home against Miami on Sept. 18. As a result, the Giants-Saints game most likely will be played Saturday, Sept. 17, or the following Monday.

The league said it was also possible the game could be played as part of a doubleheader Sunday, with the one game at 1 p.m. and the other at night. The Jets are now scheduled to start at 4:15 p.m.

``We are in the process of working out the specific arrangements, including the day and kickoff time and plans for television coverage,'' Tagliabue said. He added that information on tickets will be announced in a few days by the Giants.

He said the Saints and Giants had agreed to donate part of the gate receipts from the game to the hurricane relief fund.

``We think the league's decision to move our game with the Saints to Giants Stadium will allow us an even greater opportunity to contribute,'' Giants chief operating officer John Mara said.

The Saints, who spent the past week on the West Coast, are moving their headquarters to San Antonio for the immediate future. The Alamodome in San Antonio, which holds 65,000, had been considered a strong possibility for the game.

Tagliabue indicated, however, it was best to get the game out of the area struck by Hurricane Katrina. The Alamodome and other facilities in the San Antonio area, a little more than 500 miles from New Orleans, are being used to shelter hurricane victims.

Tagliabue said he made the decision to move the game to the Giants' home stadium after consulting with Saints owner Tom Benson and other officials.

``There are many reasons for this decision,'' Tagliabue said, ``including recognizing that the overwhelming priority for public and private resources in Louisiana and the Gulf Coast region in the weeks ahead must be the essential needs of the public and restoration of the area's infrastructure.''

The Saints will open at Carolina on Sept. 11 before playing the Giants.

``Our main concern is with the people of Louisiana and the Gulf Coast region who have experienced the recent tragedy,'' Benson said. ``We are attempting to carry on in these difficult times and are looking out for the best interest of our coaches, staff, players and their families. My prayers are with each of those who have been adversely impacted.''

The last game to be moved was two years ago, when wildfires in Southern California caused a game between Miami and San Diego to be moved from San Diego to Phoenix. Last season, the starting time of a game in Miami between the Dolphins and Pittsburgh Steelers was moved from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. to allow Hurricane Jeanne to move through south Florida.

I hope the Saints get some games in Louisiana so we can get some home field advantage for at least a few games.

New Orleans Hornets and New Orleans Saints are the champions.
    rep·re·sent
    To stand for; symbolize

i highly doubt that will happen man, but they might be able to clean up in the next 14-15 weeks enough to house a full game and such, so we'll see.

i dunno what your worried about home field advantage..i mean.... it is the saints...

lol

Quote Originally Posted by rynmur04
    Freddie Michell released by Cheifs, must be cuz the cheifs are loading with receivers, lol....then later i saw the cowboys are now interested...FUCK!!!
    That would suck...but naw...not gonna happen...not Parcells type...I'd be surprised if anyone signs him.

These are a few of my favorite things........

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!