Thread: Pro Football

we got 2 and now we'll have an o-line to protect him

one and a half

campbell is so shy, you don't even hardly know he's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
    Too bad ya'll have nothing to show for it.
    And it will continue to stay that way for YEARS to come.
    Mark my words.
    Snyder thinks you can BUY a team. You can buy players but you can't buy a TEAM. everyone has to bond as a unit, play as a team. BIg money FA's are no guarentee of that (and never have been) Remember Bruce Smith and Deion Sanders being on the same squad? It didn't amount to shit for the Redskins.

I like the Texans signing Smith from the Cardinals. It frees up what we can do with the draft. Our defense is going to take a serious jump in 09.

Support the Real. Click HERE

Banned

yeah, remember the year when the redskins signed bruce smith, deion sanders, mark carrier and jeff george and everyone talked about them going to the super bowl. they were poop sandwich that year.

the steelers just won the super bowl with only one big-name free agent signing - james farrior. and they signed him 7 years ago. free agency is overrated. you have to build your team from the draft then plug in the holes with decent free agents. going overboard with $100M signings only gets you into salary cap trouble down the road.

Banned

damn it visions unseen. you beat me to my point. i type too damn slow

Banned

arthur shitsburg is right.

The fedskins will probably tank again this year like they always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    damn it visions unseen. you beat me to my point. i type too damn slow
    its all gravy, we are in concurrence good sir

Support the Real. Click HERE

dan snyder grew up a redskins fan, not many owners can say that they rooted for the team they own as a kid.

the front office has made a shitload of poor decisions, mostly regarding free agency raids, trading draft picks and ignoring building through the draft, but you all aren't fans of washington, so you don't understand that unless skins fans jump ship, they have to accept what goes down and be excited and optimistic about shit like this, because it's the only thing to do.

any fan who stops being a fan of his team because of poor front office moves, or even poor play on the field is a gaylord and can't pretend to be a fan if/when things ever start going right for their team again.

i know that's captain obvious talk to real fans, but there are fair weather faggots galore, especially in washington, md, va. the team doesn't play up to expectations and suddenly, motherfuckers are ravens fans, or panther fans, or steeler fans, etc.

fuck em, i like snyder in a way, he wants to win. i don't like the way he thinks he's going to do it, but oh well, nothing i can do, but root for the team.

Banned

you're right, i don't know what it's like to have an owner who was a fan of the team while growing up. because the steelers have been owned by the same family since they started in 1933

i wrote NOT MANY OWNERS

nothing like having something like that passed down to you, growing up knowing that one day you'd be the owner. that's hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    yeah, remember the year when the redskins signed bruce smith, deion sanders, mark carrier and jeff george and everyone talked about them going to the super bowl. they were poop sandwich that year.

the steelers just won the super bowl with only one big-name free agent signing - james farrior. and they signed him 7 years ago. free agency is overrated. you have to build your team from the draft then plug in the holes with decent free agents. going overboard with $100M signings only gets you into salary cap trouble down the road.
    well they were all past their prime unlike haynesworth,hall,and dockery and if you remember last year we really didn't get any free agent's and the reason you don't spend money on free agent's is because that money is reserved for the ref's

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GZAjector View Post
    nothing like having something like that passed down to you, growing up knowing that one day you'd be the owner. that's hard work.

actually dan rooney has done a lot of the work for the steelers and the nfl. he wasn't just handed the team. 2 of the steelers 6 super bowl wins were under dan's reign.

Banned

LOL@ whoever voted this thread down to a 4 star thread. it must have been one of those soccer fags like whitey

Banned

they are very jealous