Thread: Pro Football

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Bwahahahaha^ and he came to SF to support the Niners LMAO, the Panthers were clowned.

He's dead to Panther fans I guess.

2 claps and a Ric Flair...Wooooooooooo!

Ric Flair received death threats, won't attend 49ers-Panthers game

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

January 9, 2014 2:55 pm ET

Ric Flair won't attend the 49ers-Panthers playoff game. (YouTube)

More NFL: Coaching change tracker | Playoff Bracket

Last Saturday, Ric Flair made a surprise appearance at the 49ers' hotel ahead of their wild-card matchup with the Packers. Not only did we get to see vintage Nature Boy but 49ers tackle Anthony Davis even managed to sneak in a shot at Appleton, Wisc.

But Panthers wideout Steve Smith was unimpressed by Flair, who is extremely popular in the Carolinas, and his decision to give the 49ers a pre-game pep talk.
    “As a guy who actually has a Ric Flair robe I'm real disappointed in seeing that," Smith told the Charlotte Observer.
    "Real disappointed. I'm not sure if he'll (Flair) get the invite here. That Golden Gate Bridge has been burned.”
    It gets worse. Via Flair's representatives (by way of Sporting News):

A long time Carolina Panthers fan, Ric Flair created quite the stir when WWE sent him to Green Bay, WI January 5th to give the San Francisco 49ers an unexpected locker room pep talk. WWE is hosting WrestleMania XXXI in SanFrancisco in 2015. Now many are asking: Will Flair attend the January 12th playoff game in Carolina as they host San Francisco? And if so, which team will he support?
    “When the 49ers reached out and WWE asked Ric to jet up there, of course he said yes,” says Melinda Morris Zanoni, Flair's agent at Legacy Talent and Entertainment, “and he's friends with a bunch of the 49ers just like he is with the Panthers, Packers, and many other NFL players. But no, Ric does not intend on attending the Panthers vs. 49ers game this weekend.” “What can I say? I've always been a very good heel!” added Flair.
    "The 49er pep talk, which instantly went viral, caused many Carolina fans to voice their feelings of anger and betrayal on social media -- some even offering death threats to Flair. 'We know fans are passionate about their teams, but some of the choice language we have been receiving is scaring off our interns,' says Melinda Morris Zanoni, Flair's agent at Legacy Talent and Entertainment.
    As for whether Flair's trademark "WOOOO" will be banned from the Panthers sideline, Smith said “We'll discuss it. We'll have to have an executive meeting.”
    Meanwhile, cornerback Captain Munnerlyn was slightly more practical about the whole thing.
    “It's not about Ric Flair, it's not about wrestling," he said. "It's about playing football Sunday at 1:05.”

Wrestling legend Ric Flair issued a statement Thursday saying he will not attend Sunday's NFC playoff game between the Carolina Panthers and San Francisco 49ers.

[+] Enlarge B Bennett/Getty ImagesRic Flair, a former Charlotte resident, riled Panthers players by accepting an invitation to address the 49ers before San Francisco's playoff opener against Green Bay.

Panthers officials said they were not aware that Flair, who reportedly has moved from Charlotte to Atlanta, had been invited.
    Flair became embroiled in controversy between the teams last weekend by traveling to Wisconsin to give the 49ers a pep talk before their wild-card game against the Green Bay Packers. Flair, who lived in Charlotte from the early 1970s until recently, went so far as to say his "heart is with the 49ers all the way to the end."
    This came several days after it became public that the Panthers have been using Flair's famous "WOOOOO" chant as part of their locker-room celebration after wins. Cornerback Drayton Florence, who began the chant with the defensive backs early in the season, said he wanted to invite Flair to speak to the team before Sunday's game.
    Florence, cornerback Captain Munnerlyn and safety Mike Mitchell also taped a video of them shouting "WOOOOO" to play on the stadium JumboTron.
    That was before they learned that Flair had gone to Green Bay to meet with the 49ers before the game.
    Melinda Morris Zanoni, Flair's agent at Legacy Talent and Entertainment, said WWE asked Flair to fly to Wisconsin to meet with the 49ers. She noted that WWE is hosting WrestleMania XXXI in San Francisco in 2015 and that Flair is friends with players on the 49ers, Packers and Panthers.
    Said Flair, "What can I say? I've always been a very good heel."
    Panthers coach Ron Rivera said he's surprised there has been so much talk about Flair.
    "Yes, because I'm answering the questions about it," Rivera said. "The truth of the matter is, he's not going to put a helmet on and be on the field. He'll be around Charlotte and we'll see him and say hello, and that's what it is.''
    Flair once wrestled with former Carolina linebacker Kevin Greene and was a regular at Panthers home games. The team used to put his "WOOOOO" chant on the scoreboard to spark the crowd.

SportsNation: Two favorite NFL teams?

Should the Panthers cut ties with Ric Flair? And how did you come to be a fan of your current favorite team? Vote! »

That ended years ago after Flair had several well-publicized legal disputes.
    Receiver Steve Smith, who has a Flair robe he bought at a charity auction, told the Charlotte Observer this week he was "real disappointed" in seeing that Flair had spoken to the 49ers.
    "I'm not sure if he'll get the invite here," Smith told the newspaper. "That Golden Gate Bridge has been burned."
    On his Facebook page Nov. 19, following a Panthers victory over the New England Patriots, Flair posted: "To be the team, you gotta beat the team! Congrats to the Carolina Panthers on their win last night! Steve Smith isn't the man to mess with! WOOOOO!"
    "Ric's a good man. I'm excited he's friends with both of us. I'm serious. Ric's a good dude," Rivera said. "I've met him a couple of times and appreciated our conversations. "To me, it's not that big a deal to me. I get it. I understand. The best part is Ric doesn't dress up and get on the field."
    Carolina officials did not know whether the player video would be used at the game. San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh suggested Wednesday that Flair could cheer for both teams.
    "What's the matter with having two favorite teams? Is that a crime?" Harbaugh told reporters in the Bay Area. "My opinion would be that it doesn't make you a bad person to have two favorite football teams."

The Panthers better be careful before Flair makes them move out of Carolina, because we all know that Charlotte is Flair Country!!!!

Panthers get the Bronze Anus Award

PRODIGAL SUN

Probably going to be way off but here goes nothing for predictions:

- Ind
    - Denver
    - San Fran
    - NO

-

LOL@you thinking the Colts and New Orleans are gonna win hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Come on SAINTS! 8-16. We need you to win for the NFC CHampionship at the STICK.

Time for some 4th Quarter comebacks

PRODIGAL SUN

LOL@you thinking the Colts and New Orleans are gonna win hahahahahahahahahahaha.
    Yep, definitely shouldn't be betting on Proline. You got to cheer for some underdogs.

RE: Denver game

The "block in the back" rule is really annoying and seems more apparent this year then any other year I can remember. Has this always been around? Was it around in the Deion Sanders days? I still don't get how these special team players keep doing it. Then again, I've never played football.

They need to bring back the leather helmet days and less pads. The concussion count today was out of control. You could almost have a good drinking game based on it. At least twice tonight, players on the same team knocked each other out of the game.

As a bandwagon Denver fan, they're probably going to get crushed next week by the Patriots. The last few games, Denver has played horrible in the second half and let the other team get back into the game and get momentum.

^ Interesting about the concussions. I think is also has to do with the size and speed of todays players

Niners stomped the Carolina Pussy's and Tampon Newton couldnt stop the bleeding.

Next up the Cheathawks who have all ready started their cheatings ways by bloacking ticket sales to 43 states.

The bullshit never stops with that team, they have no class and cheat as much as possible.

Seahawks block NFC Title Game ticket sales to California

Posted on January 12, 2014 at 1:56 pm by Kevin Lynch

Most 49ers fans will have to pay big bucks to see the 49ers-Seahawks game

The good feelings between the 49ers and Seahawks could never last.
    Last week, fans from both teams decided to donate money to children’s hospitals in Seattle and San Francisco. Now, the Seahawks are limiting ticket sales to just six states and the Canadian Provinces.
    Only credit cards with addresses from Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii will be allowed to buy tickets to Sunday’s NFC Championship between the 49ers and Seahawks at CenturyLink Field in Seattle. That’s it.
    Please notice that California was not on that list. The move will help preference tickets to Seahawks fans and, the team hopes, eliminate scalpers.
    Niner fans are known for traveling. This season, several road stadiums were packed with 49ers fans, and 49ers’ play-by-play voice Ted Robinson said there were droves of 49ers fans in Charlotte for Sunday’s 23-10 road win over the Panthers.
    The restriction means 49ers fans will have to go to the secondary market to buy tickets. According to CBS Sports, the cheapest seats are going for $330. So 49ers fans: Good luck, bring your wallet and, by the way, the fan rivalry is back on.

^^
    lol I read that too, but they said that's common for a lot of teams

I've never ever heard of this before. This is a first for me. Seems like some stupid tactic the Cheathawks would use. Holding and Defense, Holding on Offense and Holding on tickets. At least they are consistent, LMAO!~