Thread: Pro Football

PRODIGAL SUN

Reggie Wayne visits Patriots to undergo physical

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...dergo-physical

^ This would be a sick threat.

IronSheik

Default Cris Carter Recommended Rookies Get a "Fall Guy" While Giving Advice to Draft Class

ha! Borland exposes the kinda stuff NFLPA 'teaches' its newest members...busted!

C'MON MAN: Earlier this week ESPN.com did a really good story on Chris Borland and the potentially (though, hopefully not) gloomy future of football. In it Borland drops some interesting nuggets of information on what it's like to play in both college and the NFL, including this bit of legal advice from a former player that the retired linebacker refused to name:

"Get yourself a fall guy," Borland says one of the former players advised. The former player, whom Borland declined to name, told the rookies that if they ran into legal trouble, their designated 
fall guy would be there to take the blame and, if necessary, go to jail. "'We'll bail him out,'" Borland says the former player assured them.

Borland was appalled. "I was just sitting there thinking, 'Should I walk out? What am I supposed to do?' " he recalls. He says he didn't leave the room because he didn't want to cause a scene, but the incident stayed with him.

Well,
    the internet has a way of figuring things out, though this mystery was apparently not that hard to solve seeing as how the entire video is on NFL.com (though it'll almost certainly be erased at some point very soon). In it (which you can watch below) Carter tells the incoming players:

"Just in case y'all not going to decide to do the right thing, if y'all got a crew, you got to have a "fall guy" in the crew."

He then expounds upon that eyebrow raising statement as Warren Sapp nods along with it.
    Sapp's escapades earlier this year with a prostitute prove that the "fall guy" apparently doesn't stay loyal after you retire and your money's all gone. This, of course, is something every rookie planning on paying for sex in the future should be sure to make a note of.

Anyway, this is not going to be a good look for Carter or the league. It also appears that ESPN was unknowingly talking about one of their own analysts by adding that in to their story. But, if nothing else, this could serve as a good introductory "
    C'mon Man" for the 2015 season.

Update (7:43 p.m.): The NFL has deleted the video (click on pic to view) from their site & issued a statement about Carter’s presentation:
    This was an unfortunate and inappropriate comment made by Cris Carter during the 2014 NFC rookie symposium. The comment was not representative of the message of the symposium or any other league program. The league’s player engagement staff immediately expressed concern about the comment to Cris. The comment was not repeated in the 2014 AFC session or this year’s symposium.

Last edited by IronSheik; 08-24-2015 at 02:32 AM. Reason: NFL.com deletes Carter Rookie Symposium clip from site

ArenaBowl XXVIII, between the Jacksonville Sharks and the San Jose SaberCats this weekend.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Jared Hayne is the real deal. He making people miss and running like a mad man for the niners.

Is this dummy punching someone out every year?

Report: IK Enemkpali, seeking sex, once punched man he thought was woman

You know the guy who punched Geno Smith? Yeah, the same one whom the New York Jets released and who was claimed immediately by the Buffalo Bills?
    Related Stories

IK Enemkpali reportedly once punched a man who posed as a woman and offered sexual favors SB Nation

Yeah, that guy — IK Enemkpali.

Turns out that Smith is not the only person he’s punched. Back in 2011, per ESPN’s Outside the Lines, Enemkpali punched a man he thought was a woman he had found on the internet to purchase oral sex.

Yes, Enemkpali was catfished by a dude. The story, remarkably, gets weirder.

Enemkpali met someone on Facebook named “Missy Lee” and they arranged to meet for a paid dalliance. When the then college player at Louisiana Tech got there, “Missy Lee” was covered completely in a blanket and something didn’t add up.

So Enemkpali reportedly left, only to return later and see that — by the light of a cell phone (or possibly a higher power?) — “Missy Lee” had a five-o’clock shadow and that there was a third person in the room.

Assuming he was being set up to be robbed, according to the report, Enemkpali punched the person who quite clearly now was a man and fled by jumping through a window. (Told you it would get weirder.)

The man in question — Ketryn Anderson, who reportedly is senior pastor at a Shreveport (La.) church — repeatedly threatened to report Enemkpali to the police for the two broken teeth he suffered, which led Enemkpali to file his own report three days later on the off-the-rails incident.

Enemkpali refused to press charges once the incident was reported to the school, perhaps trying to keep it under wraps. Enemkpali had been suspended before the start of that season for hitting an off-duty cop a bar and was charged with battery on an officer and disturbing the peace, so it was the police’s theory that Anderson/”Missy Lee” was seeking to prey on an athlete who had been in trouble before and might not be inclined to report what might happen.

Anderson refused comment to ESPN unless they paid him.

Some NFL teams were aware of the story before the 2014 draft and red-flagged Enemkpali for the incident. It was the same year that Manti Te’o came out for the NFL, so teams likely were brushing up on their definition of catfishing.

So now Enemkpali is a member (in good standing?) with the Bills, who face the Jets in Week 9, which could reunite Enemkpali (if he makes the team) and Smith (if his jaw is healed and he gets his starting gig back). There will be no gender confusion then, we hope, but we’re not ruling out the possibility of something else completely strange occurring in that Thursday night matchup.

IronSheik

Default RIP RGIII in Washington

After trading three first-round picks + a second-round selection to the Rams for the right to draft RGIII, they've given up on him naming Kirk Cousins their 2015 starter.

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha. I saw ESPN's First Take talking about Robert Griffin when he said he thinks he's the best quarterback in the NFL. I don't know why he made those dumb comments because he hasn't done anything LOL. He hasn't won any championships and he hasn't had any playoff success. He continues to get hurt and Kirk Cousins is a better passer than him. His big mouth is gonna get him outta the NFL sooner than later because teams aren't gonna take a chance on him when the Redskins get rid of him. He may have one or two teams that'll take him but he won't last long in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

IronSheik

Default Judge nullifies Brady suspension...NFL will appeal

PRODIGAL SUN

What a surprise...

Eagles release QB Tim Tebow

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...delphia-eagles

They have only two QB's now, a starter who is always injured and Mark Sanchez?

-

LOL@Madchild and Check Two hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I can't wait for the season to start this Sunday. The Browns are gonna go to the super bowl for the first time hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I know i'm dreaming and that's never gonna happen.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

The San Jose SaberCats beat the Jacksonville Sharks 68 to 47.

The SaberCats finished the 2015 season with a combined 20-1 record, becoming the first team in league history to win twenty combined regular season and postseason games.

--- Tyler Sash, won Super Bowl with Giants, dead at 27

IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) -- Tyler Sash, a standout safety at Iowa who won a Super Bowl with the New York Giants, has died, the state medical examiner's office said Tuesday. He was 27.

John Kraemer, the director of forensic operations for the medical examiner, told The Associated Press his office is investigating Sash's death along with police in Oskaloosa, Iowa, Sash's hometown.

Oskaloosa police said in a statement that emergency services were called to a residence Tuesday morning in response to an unresponsive male, which they said turned out to be Sash.

Foul play was not suspected. No cause of death has been determined, Kraemer said, and an autopsy was scheduled for Wednesday morning.

''We were all deeply saddened today to hear of the passing of Tyler. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Tyler's family and friends and all the Hawkeyes he was so proud to represent,'' the Giants said in a statement.

Sash started 37 games for the Hawkeyes from 2007-10, earning first-team All-Big Ten honors as a senior. He was fourth all-time in interception return yardage in the Big Ten when he graduated, and his 13 picks are fifth-best in school history.

One of the best games of Sash's career came in 2009 against Iowa State, whom the Hawkeyes face on Saturday in Ames. Sash collected three interceptions in Iowa's 35-3 victory, and the Hawkeyes went on to win 11 games and the Orange Bowl that season.

Sash played two seasons with the New York Giants, winning a Super Bowl ring in 2011. He was suspended for four games in 2012 for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing substances policy by testing positive for Adderall, a stimulant used primarily to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and the sleep disorder narcolepsy.

The Giants cut ties with Sash prior to the 2013 opener, reaching an injury settlement after he sustained a concussion in the preseason finale against New England.

Sash was arrested in May 2014 in Oskaloosa after police said he led officers on a four-block chase with a motorized scooter before running into a wooded area. Officers say Sash was shocked with a stun gun after he refused to be handcuffed.

Sash later pleaded guilty to public intoxication and was fined $65.

Paki O'Meara, a former Iowa running back and teammate of Sash, described him as a quiet guy who came alive on game day.

''To think of somebody that was so selfless and gave so much, such a good guy, I'm just really shocked,'' O'Meara said during a radio interview with KXNO in Des Moines.

Former Giants player Antrel Rolle tweeted his condolences to Sash's family.

''This is heartbreaking,'' wrote Rolle, who now plays for Chicago. ''Feels like I am dreaming. I am literally hurting right now.''

Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz abruptly cancelled his weekly press conference Tuesday before addressing Sash's death in a statement.

Ferentz will meet with reporters Wednesday.

''We are all very saddened to hear about the untimely loss of Tyler,'' Ferentz said. ''It is always so difficult when it involves someone this young. Our heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to Tyler's family during this extremely difficult time - and we want them to know they are not in this alone.''

Banned

LOL@Madchild and Check Two hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I can't wait for the season to start this Sunday. The Browns are gonna go to the super bowl for the first time hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I know i'm dreaming and that's never gonna happen.
    season starts thursday, dummy

PRODIGAL SUN

Charles, even if Cleveland made Johnny Football their mascot, drafted a King named James as a wide-receiver/tight-end then bribed Father Time and were able to bring back Otto Graham, with Brian Sipe and Bernie Kosar as backups, while Ozzie Newsome ran perfect routes and Jim Brown bulldozed defenders, Browns still wouldn’t get to the Super Bowl. Not only are they as cursed as Al Bundy but they’ve always lacked a very important thing - a stalwart defense. I’m sure you’ve heard of "The Drive." I know John Elway was a stud but they made him look like Jesus walking on water.