Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: That time of the year again.. (NBA PLAYOFF THREAD)

Wu Vatican

naaah tim is pure fundamental. if he went to the celtics they got a couple titles by now.

but thank god that shit conference finals and nba finals are over. fucking god awful.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Banned

Duncan is a first ballot hall of famer there is no argument about that. He has great footwork and textbook low post moves. He is an excellent rebounder, has mastered the short bank jumper, can block shots, and is an excellent passer out of the post.
    He probablly has the best post game with his back to the basket in the game right now. He has been a force in the NBA since day 1, has won as many rings as Shaq.
    He dominated at Wake Forest also. Anyone who says Duncan is doodoo either doesnt know basketball or has a personal grudge against him.
    Is he the best of all time at the power forward position? Depends how you rank them. I don't think you can pick a 'best'. All you can say is he is undoubtedly up there with other greats like Russell, Karl Malone, and the lot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    naaah tim is pure fundamental. if he went to the celtics they got a couple titles by now.

but thank god that shit conference finals and nba finals are over. fucking god awful.
    The Detroit/Cleveland conference finals was classic NBA playoff basketball. WHat did you not like about it???

ye it was a classic finals with detroit and cavs,each game could have went either way.great 4 quarters apart from the last one.

so as of right now who would u rather have on your team wade or james?

James. Still room to grow and if you get him some team mates that can knock down shots, look out. Wade's an amazing player but a lil' reckless with his playing style which seems like he might keep on gettin hurt. Really though, I'd take either one.

Support the Real. Click HERE

Suga Duga

probably you shouldn't watch basketball if you didn't like the cavs-pistons series, that shit was classic eastern conf. hard defensive basketball

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Duncan is a first ballot hall of famer there is no argument about that. He has great footwork and textbook low post moves. He is an excellent rebounder, has mastered the short bank jumper, can block shots, and is an excellent passer out of the post.
    He probablly has the best post game with his back to the basket in the game right now. He has been a force in the NBA since day 1, has won as many rings as Shaq.
    He dominated at Wake Forest also. Anyone who says Duncan is doodoo either doesnt know basketball or has a personal grudge against him.
    Is he the best of all time at the power forward position? Depends how you rank them. I don't think you can pick a 'best'. All you can say is he is undoubtedly up there with other greats like Russell, Karl Malone, and the lot.
    finally somebody realizes it...btw I don't have to be a fan of Duncan to like how he's playing, I'm not a fan of Duncan, I'm a fan of great basketball...

duncan deserves to be ranked as one of the best power forwards ever. he certainly the most dominent player in the league today.

and to answer the question about who i would have on my team wade or lebron. i would take lebron, because wade is reckless and u dnt know how he will play without a big man like shaq.

illegitimate and visionz,

did you guys really watch the finals? parker and manu DID put the team on their back. if it wasnt for their clutch shooting in the last minutes of the last two games they wouldnt have won those games. duncan got bottled up in those games too.

as far as winning one without manu and parker, having a fellow hall of famer like david robinson always helps.

any big man can dunk and hit layups. he better be able to do that if he wants to play in the NBA. unless he's in range to go glass, his jumpshot is very unreliable. 3's?...please. dirk and KG are way better shooters from the field and from the line. unfortunately for KG he doesnt have the luxury of playing on a quality team like the spurs. the mavs are just underachieving.

on parker winning it because they were up against the cavs. well, if they were that bad then why didnt timmy win it? why was he being shut down in the last 2 games when the cavs tightened up their defense?

you're gonna have a hard time putting him less than 3 because there arent a lot of great players in the 4 position. but he isnt better than malone or barkley. if they didnt have to go up against jordan and the buzzsaw bulls they would have rings too.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by B O T View Post
    illegitimate and visionz,

did you guys really watch the finals? parker and manu DID put the team on their back. if it wasnt for their clutch shooting in the last minutes of the last two games they wouldnt have won those games. duncan got bottled up in those games too.

as far as winning one without manu and parker, having a fellow hall of famer like david robinson always helps.

any big man can dunk and hit layups. he better be able to do that if he wants to play in the NBA. unless he's in range to go glass, his jumpshot is very unreliable. 3's?...please. dirk and KG are way better shooters from the field and from the line. unfortunately for KG he doesnt have the luxury of playing on a quality team like the spurs. the mavs are just underachieving.

on parker winning it because they were up against the cavs. well, if they were that bad then why didnt timmy win it? why was he being shut down in the last 2 games when the cavs tightened up their defense?

you're gonna have a hard time putting him less than 3 because there arent a lot of great players in the 4 position. but he isnt better than malone or barkley. if they didnt have to go up against jordan and the buzzsaw bulls they would have rings too.
    Me and you are talking about two different situations. I'm talking about the games when Duncan isn't on the floor at all, not when he's absorbing double teams to open other guys up, and yes I watched every final game to answer your question. What a player does on the floor can't always be measured in points. Parker had a great series but his play wasn't nearly as brilliant when Snow had him settlin for jumpers vs Hughes letting him blow by for the lay-ups. He wasn't the MVP cause he was playing the Cavs, he was the MVP because the Cavs coach had his head stuck up his ass often times putting the wrong line-up on the floor.

As for Manu's clutch shooting, are we talkin about the game where he scored 3 points ahahah. He hit a couple of free throws, while missing every FG attempt during the game. Tooo clutch lol.

If Duncan had a freak accident and broke his ankle, do you think the Cavs still get swept?

Support the Real. Click HERE

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Illegitimate Devil View Post
    probably you shouldn't watch basketball if you didn't like the cavs-pistons series, that shit was classic eastern conf. hard defensive basketball

classic easter conference ass basketball. only decent part about it was when bron had that big 4th quarter/ot

suns would have debo'ed them both.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post

As for Manu's clutch shooting, are we talkin about the game where he scored 3 points ahahah. He hit a couple of free throws, while missing every FG attempt during the game. Tooo clutch lol.

If Duncan had a freak accident and broke his ankle, do you think the Cavs still get swept?
    you go on about what someone does not being measured in points then bring up manu only scoring on 3 points. him getting to the line in the closing minutes of that game were very important to the spurs winning that game along with parkers dagger 3 pointer. thats what being clutch is, coming up big when its desprately needed. and he came back in game 4.

if manu and parker had a freak accident do you think the cavs would have been swept? the spurs are a 3 headed monster, not 1.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Suga Duga

your not wrong at all BOT, and Visions isn't wrong too...
    basketball is such a wonderful sport, because you can discuss about it for hours

the thing I said about Duncan and 3's: I didn't say he can shoot the 3, I said he has range nearly to the 3-point line, anyway I wasn't the person who said that, it was his coach Pop

Banned

classic easter conference ass basketball. only decent part about it was when bron had that big 4th quarter/ot

suns would have debo'ed them both.
    Fuck the Suns...they don't D up. WHose to say they would have won?? They can beat the Spurs and get out the West, and the Spurs are an Eastern conference team in the West. Thats Dallas' problem too...THere defense is weak. I dont care what the stats say. PLus all those teams do is gun threes, and that shit doesnt fall like that in the playoffs.

Phoenix won't debo anyone, not the faggoty way they play.