Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: That time of the year again.. (NBA PLAYOFF THREAD)

Suga Duga

did anybody realized that the Cavs shouldn't be in the Finals?

why do you think that?
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Banned

Yea, why is that? If Detroit should have been there, than they should have beaten Cleveland. LeBron James is probably the best player in the league in terms of all around game, and he is definitely the most dominant, taking over shaqs spot....his supporting cast isn't spectacular, but its not as horrible as it has been reputed to be. Especially with Gibson playing well. Losing Hughes for the series(yes you can call it that) was very tough on the Cavs.

That being said, maybe you should give the Spurs more credit. Just because they play 'boring' basketball doesn't mean they aren't a dynasty, which, they are. Four championships is an unbelievable feat for Tim Duncan. The fact that they play defense first, have quiet stars and play in a very small market non descript city all plays into this.

the big 3 for the spurs all had bad games and the spurs still win??? i dnt think theres much the cavs can do, this game was all about the bench the spurs have more depth in their squad. they worked the ball around and get wide open 3 point shots. in this game they went in, the spurs were poor. i still dnt kno how cleveland lost. it was a poor game, its been a poor series. i hope the cavs dnt get sweeped because they have had a great season they dnt deserve to go out 4-0.

and the spurs they are just a great team, they win games, every player does his job they do what the coach tells them to do. they have been the best team since the bulls era.

Like has been said, the Cavs had their chance to win that game in the 4th, but they missed big shots, including LeBron. I don't see the Cavs being in the finals next season. I think some more teams from the East will step up.

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by B O T View Post
    why do you think that?
    well, look at their opponents throughout the playoffs:

1st round: Wizards
    Washington was shorthanded and missed a combined 48.2 ppg from Arenas and Butler. Washington with Arenas and Butler swept by the Cavs? No way.

2nd round: Nets
    First of all it was an terrible accident that the Nets reached the playoffs. They played weak all season long in the weaker conference. Toronto was a welcomed first round opponent (unexperienced, unable to activate Bosh). The Nets haven't been a real challenge for Cleveland such as for many other teams in the East.

3rd round: Pistons
    Yes, they beat em and they did that in an impressive way. Lebron delivered a classic with his 48-point effort. But did the Cavs dominate at any time in this series?

1st game: 79-76 Detroit
    2nd game: 79-76 Detroit
    3rd game: 88-82 Cleveland
    4th game: 91-87 Cleveland
    5th game: 109-107 Cleveland
    6th game: 98-82 Cleveland

All games have been so close that they could have gone ether way. I don't want to defend Detroit. Cleveland played well all the way, but this shouldn't been their ticket to the Finals.

So which other team would have been a "true challenger? It's hard to pick a team in the weak east. The west is dominating this league for years and they will keep doing that until big trades go down over the next years.
    Don't get me wrong: Cleveland is a force in the East, but compared to the West...you see what happens right now in the Finals - the Spurs teach them, game by game.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Yea, why is that? If Detroit should have been there, than they should have beaten Cleveland. LeBron James is probably the best player in the league in terms of all around game, and he is definitely the most dominant, taking over shaqs spot....his supporting cast isn't spectacular, but its not as horrible as it has been reputed to be. Especially with Gibson playing well. Losing Hughes for the series(yes you can call it that) was very tough on the Cavs.

That being said, maybe you should give the Spurs more credit. Just because they play 'boring' basketball doesn't mean they aren't a dynasty, which, they are. Four championships is an unbelievable feat for Tim Duncan. The fact that they play defense first, have quiet stars and play in a very small market non descript city all plays into this.
    Lebron is not the most dominant player in the league. Yes he is ONE of the best all-around players in the league and will go down as a legend. His dominance level is based on impressive numbers he's putting up game by game in the reg. season! You can't compare him to Shaq who increased his numbers in the playoffs + in the finals. Shaq dominated everything down low, no matter who was standing there. Lebron? Look at his percentages right now. 36,7% FG-shooting in the Finals. That's not dominant. Being dominant means to control the game, no matter who you playing against. You don't have to put up 30-8-8 to be "dominant". Great players in the past dominated with their leadership, their basketball-IQ and with their decision making. Lebron has still a long way to go.

You mentioned the Spurs play "boring" basketball. For all those out there who think the NBA is about run and gun, double-pump dunks and 3's - stop watching this game. The And1-Tour is probably the perfect pick for you. Basketball is all about being efficient. The Spurs are that. Year by year. I rather watch the Spurs, their incredible team defense and their role allocation than "Highlights" of other players or teams. Don't get me wrong - I love dunks and 3's, but they shouldn't be the center of a game. Basketball is a sport of freaks. Both the players and the coaches are. The fans should be too. It's much more fun to watch a game and understand why Kobe just used 3 screens and is open at the elbow, than just looking for the next dunk.
    Last edited by Suga Duga; 06-14-2007 at 04:42 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Illegitimate Devil View Post
    well, look at their opponents throughout the playoffs:

1st round: Wizards
    Washington was shorthanded and missed a combined 48.2 ppg from Arenas and Butler. Washington with Arenas and Butler swept by the Cavs? No way.

2nd round: Nets
    First of all it was an terrible accident that the Nets reached the playoffs. They played weak all season long in the weaker conference. Toronto was a welcomed first round opponent (unexperienced, unable to activate Bosh). The Nets haven't been a real challenge for Cleveland such as for many other teams in the East.

3rd round: Pistons
    Yes, they beat em and they did that in an impressive way. Lebron delivered a classic with his 48-point effort. But did the Cavs dominate at any time in this series?

1st game: 79-76 Detroit
    2nd game: 79-76 Detroit
    3rd game: 88-82 Cleveland
    4th game: 91-87 Cleveland
    5th game: 109-107 Cleveland
    6th game: 98-82 Cleveland

All games have been so close that they could have gone ether way. I don't want to defend Detroit. Cleveland played well all the way, but this shouldn't been their ticket to the Finals.

So which other team would have been a "true challenger? It's hard to pick a team in the weak east. The west is dominating this league for years and they will keep doing that until big trades go down over the next years.
    Don't get me wrong: Cleveland is a force in the East, but compared to the West...you see what happens right now in the Finals - the Spurs teach them, game by game.

Lebron is not the most dominant player in the league. Yes he is ONE of the best all-around players in the league and will go down as a legend. His dominance level is based on impressive numbers he's putting up game by game in the reg. season! You can't compare him to Shaq who increased his numbers in the playoffs + in the finals. Shaq dominated everything down low, no matter who was standing there. Lebron? Look at his percentages right now. 36,7% FG-shooting in the Finals. That's not dominant. Being dominant means to control the game, no matter who you playing against. You don't have to put up 30-8-8 to be "dominant". Great players in the past dominated with their leadership, their basketball-IQ and with their decision making. Lebron has still a long way to go.

You mentioned the Spurs play "boring" basketball. For all those out there who think the NBA is about run and gun, double-pump dunks and 3's - stop watching this game. The And1-Tour is probably the perfect pick for you. Basketball is all about being efficient. The Spurs are that. Year by year. I rather watch the Spurs, their incredible team defense and their role allocation than "Highlights" of other players or teams. Don't get me wrong - I love dunks and 3's, but they shouldn't be the center of a game. Basketball is a sport of freaks. Both the players and the coaches are. The fans should be too. It's much more fun to watch a game and understand why Kobe just used 3 screens and is open at the elbow, than just looking for the next dunk.
    Thats what I was saying...So called 'boring' basketball is how championships can be won. And Shaq did not dominate when the Magic got pounded by Hakeem and the Rockets in 95.

And Cleveland controlled that series against Detroit. Up until game 5 or 6 Detroits largest lead was only like 5, and the biggest they had in the series was 8, which came in game 6, a game they lost.
    I get pissed cuz people give the Cavs no credit, and think they just coasted thru. They earned the 2 spot by going on an undefeated run at the end of the regular season.
    If Arenas and Butler arent hurt, they dont sweep Washington??? No shit, and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. They beat the same wizards team last year.
    So does the fact that the Spurs first championship came against a scrub ass 8th seeded knicks team in a shortened season take away from what they did?

If your going to talk about the cavs opponents, look at the Spurs. WHo is a tougher matchup...the Jazz or the Pistons? They did not have to go thru the Mavericks...and according to everyone, the Cavs don't belong in the Finals, so again, does that take away from what they accomplished?
    Basically the same shit you are saying about Cleveland.

i dnt think u can say if a team deserves or doesnt deserve to be in the finals. the cavs did what was required of them. they beat washigton if the wizards has arenas and butler it may have been a different story but injuries happen in sport, its not the cavs fault they were injured. ok the nets were weak but so was every other team in the east.

the fact of the matter is the east is much weaker than the west no one can deny this, cleveland did have an easier run then the spurs but thats not their fault thats the fault of the other teams in the east for being poor.

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
    Thats what I was saying...So called 'boring' basketball is how championships can be won. And Shaq did not dominate when the Magic got pounded by Hakeem and the Rockets in 95.

And Cleveland controlled that series against Detroit. Up until game 5 or 6 Detroits largest lead was only like 5, and the biggest they had in the series was 8, which came in game 6, a game they lost.
    I get pissed cuz people give the Cavs no credit, and think they just coasted thru. They earned the 2 spot by going on an undefeated run at the end of the regular season.
    If Arenas and Butler arent hurt, they dont sweep Washington??? No shit, and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. They beat the same wizards team last year.
    So does the fact that the Spurs first championship came against a scrub ass 8th seeded knicks team in a shortened season take away from what they did?

If your going to talk about the cavs opponents, look at the Spurs. WHo is a tougher matchup...the Jazz or the Pistons? They did not have to go thru the Mavericks...and according to everyone, the Cavs don't belong in the Finals, so again, does that take away from what they accomplished?
    Basically the same shit you are saying about Cleveland.
    I'm not going to comment your post anyway...go and watch game 4 and enjoy

Whoever was yelling Party like a Rockstar is a true bitch.

Who kept screaming real loud in the audience during the game? It sounded like a woman giving labor, or something. They should have kicked that person out of the game. I had to turn the volume down.

What a disapointing NBA season. Is it near football season yet?

great team the spurs. i thought that the last two wins were more impressive than the first two. they were able to overcome abysmal performances in game 3 and 4. they made plays when they needed to make plays and got it done. they can win any way they need to.

too bad nobody watched it.
    Last edited by THE W; 06-15-2007 at 10:58 AM.

Suga Duga

^^^ it's hard being a NBA fan, you're not alone man

people dont want to see fundamental X n' O basketball. people want dunks, fancy passes and 3 pointers. the league came to be what it is because of the "showtime" lakers of the 80's and "air" jordan(my favorite player BTW). since that aspect has faded, so have the viewers.

to your point about tha cavs not deserving to be in the finals,

all you can do is play the teams that are in front of you. both finalists had a pretty easy road. the cavs more so, but that's because of the lopsidedness in quality of the conferences. other than the sunz, the spurs went up against teams that were vastly inferior to them(many will talk about how the spurs got a huge break with the mavs getting eliminated). but all in all, both teams took care of business.

the mavericks, the heat, and even the pistons had similar easy opportunities to advance through the playoffs and they didnt get it done. the mavs and heat were embarrassed by the warriors and bulls, and the pistons struggled to close out and bulls team they should have made quick work of and then lost to a cavs team they should've beaten. situations like what happened to these 3 teams are why they go ahead and play the games.
    Last edited by THE W; 06-15-2007 at 11:16 AM.