Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: That time of the year again.. (NBA PLAYOFF THREAD)

weird playoffs so far. It so unfortunate that Kobe has 0 help around him, because he's really playing as well as anyone in the history of basketball right now. Hopeufully they get KG next year or someone that can possibly help Kobe out a little.

lol at Dallas, Remember a month ago when people were saying they might be the best team of all time and shit, wow....

Miami heat.... Wade was a very lucky man in last year's playoffs. His ridiculous amount of turnovers cost him and the heat this year, and the Bulls are serious, I love that team.

I hope the Rockets play the Bulls, but Houston gotta get their shit together.

Dirty,
    Did you honestly think that the Lakers might have a shot to win the series against the Suns? lol I mean, they still have a shot technically, but it looked like an easy pick that they would lose the series.

I will say though that I am surprised the Heat got sweeped. I thought it would be a long series, maybe 6 or 7 games. I thought it could go either way.

The Cavs are lucky that the Wizards two best players are injured. Cause the series would have definitely been different if Arenas and Butler were there. I don't know if the Wizards would have won the series, but it could have easily went to 6 or 7 games.

The Mavs ought to bring in Kevin Wills more often.

houston in the last 2 games have been bad, utah is playing good defense on them. tonights game is important cause utah is on a roll, boozer is playing well, deron williams is on fire, okur was good in the last game did well defendin yao, but needs to be putting the shots away. yao and t-mac needed help in the last 2 games they didnt get any, if houston wanna make an impact they gonna need a bit of help from the other guys.

I thought Lakers/Suns would be a marquee matchup. I guess I was wrong.

And Bedlam, you out of anyone should know Wade isn't 100%. He copped an injury against YOUR team. That's an excuse and I'm sorry I'm making it but I'll defend my boys that way.

The Heat, we're going to take the summer off, enjoy the rest of the playoffs at home with our lovely ladies and we gonna get back to work in late summer. Nawmean? I love the NBA, there's barely no off-time between seasons so we're right back to work. Just look out for a RE-VAMPED Heat team next year. No Walker, No Payton. Possibly no J-Will. I could be pissed about what just happened (the sweep) but knowing that your team is DEFINITLY going to be in it again next year, what ya' gon do? Cry for the off-season? Not this person.

I'll be honest though. I definitly think Chi-Town will rep the East (I'd love to see them get whored by DET or IN the finals) but at this time I dunno who in the West will emerge.

FUCKING RAPTORS.
    anyone else who saw the game will know what i'm talking about.

they got destroyed, 3-1 nets.

In other news, at an interview during the Nets game on the Nets network (which I think is either YES or MSG is the northeast with Marv Albert doing play-by-play) A drunken Bruce Willis was interview for his new Die Hard flick. Willis was barely understandable and even went on to do his own interview with his friend sitting next to him during which. At the end, the interviewer said "Thanks Bruce, Yippy Kiayoo" Yippy Kio of course being Bruce's trademark saying from the first movie. In response, Bruce said "Yippy Kiayo Motherfucker" which of course is the real saying and then Marv Albert immediatly apologizes on air for this.

I heard this on Sports Radio just a minute ago and they played the clip which was funny. Anyone see it live?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
    I'll be honest though. I definitly think Chi-Town will rep the East (I'd love to see them get whored by DET or IN the finals) but at this time I dunno who in the West will emerge.
    The Bulls matched up very well with Miami. They are more athletic, and shoot the ball well which exposed Miami's horrible perimeter defense. Also, Dwayne Wade was not 100 percent, but you have to give it to the Bulls. They dominated the Heat in every aspect.

Detroit will be a much tougher matchup for them. I don't know if they can beat them. I don't see Chicago getting to the Finals because I dont think they can beat Detroit and Cleveland in back to back series assuming the Cavs get thru round two.

The Cavs are interesting. They should get to round three, and they are so underestimated by everyone it really works in their advantage. They play ugly kinda like the Spurs, but they are a great rebounding team, and they are big and physical defenders...and the have LeBron who is pretty much unstoppable.

They could have bounced Detroit in six games last year people forget that. I think the Cavs have a shot...too bad they let Flip Murray go..he was perfect with LeBron. If they had him, they would be serious contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
    I thought Lakers/Suns would be a marquee matchup. I guess I was wrong.

And Bedlam, you out of anyone should know Wade isn't 100%. He copped an injury against YOUR team. That's an excuse and I'm sorry I'm making it but I'll defend my boys that way.
    Actually the Lakers are my team in the NBA, I don't really have a team though. Just mad love for Kobe Bryant. Which is why I hate on Wade sometimes, he just isn't as good as Kobe and I don't like when people think so. He's got the injury cop out this year, so i guess he has to use that excuse

I'm just goin for the Rockets now because the Lakers have no chance, T-Mac is nice.

I don't see the Cavs getting to the finals. Lebron isn't unstoppable in clutch situations, and they just don't have enough of a supporting cast to get there. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets knock them off.

Mark my words. The Pistons are in trouble! Tha bulls are going to beat them. For that matter I dont think anyone will beat them not even the dreaded western conference teams. The bulls are no longer baby bulls. You will see!!!!

gonna be good to see pistons and bulls but whichever team are on their day will win,hope the pistosn win though

Are The Warriors Gonna Close It Out Tonight!!!!
    WE ARE DISCUSSING THE END OF THE WORLD-OR HOW TO DELAY IT.

Quote Originally Posted by 444trumpets View Post
    Are The Warriors Gonna Close It Out Tonight!!!!
    I hope so, I'm rooting for them since my team got swept.

LETS GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.E.A.C.E.

warriors got close but the mavs played well in the 4th. dirk stepped his game up big time, and the mavs are gonna need him to lead the team.

raptors won but i think the next game will belong to the nets.