Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: black sabbath

Urban's, Gigy's, Queen's, Roze's wildest dreams

Quote Originally Posted by pneumatic View Post
    The Paranoid album is my shit.

Hand of Doom anyone?
    That bassline is fuckin off the hook but my shit on that album is Electric Funeral

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
    New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
    © The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved

Fairies Wear Boots is the shit, although i like the Black Sabbath album better.

Crazy Optician.

I could be wrong but i heard that the 1st ever music video was done by black sabbath??? dont get pissed if im wrong lol

Spiral Architect

Into the Void

Snowblind

Sweet Leaf

Supernaut

thats my top 5

my favorite album is Black Sabbath Vol 4. I used to be a big big fan of Sabotage though.
    Last edited by INF; 11-22-2008 at 10:44 AM.

Feeling happy in my vein
    Icicles within my brain (cocaine)

Black Sabbath are godly. Tony Iommi is my idol.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

black sabbath are the purveyors of doom. hail.

MY EYES ARE BLIND BUT I CAN SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...eloels.

Banned

any fans of planet caravan? ... i like fading out to that song, shit is off the hook
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

planet Caravan is so DOPE but thats one of those song where I felt that a cover did more justice.

When that song was on far beyond driven at the end I was like "hell yeah!!!" then I read the liner notes in the cd booklet that Phil wrote about how its an awesome song and he dont give a fuck if somebody dont like it that they covered it.

I think phil put it that way cuz he knew damn well that they lit that shit up.

Ozzy's vocal is really nasally on that track.

idk...

as far as epic Sabbath Songs that sound like that though I would say that

"changes" >>>>>> "planet caravan"

big up to both though

Solitude>>>>>>>>>>>>Changes>>>>>>>Planet Caravan.

Banned

Thread Necromancer

I've pretty much been listening only to Black Sabbath the last few weeks besides some Simon & Garfunkel and first of all I think this live show needs watching, some truly amazing performances of classic songs that are borderline better than the studio version (fairies wear boots for sure) but the audio quality is just so damn good especially considering it's 1970

Anyway, after listening all their albums multiple times up until Heaven & Hell I really think that this might be the definitive Black Sabbath song right here:

Anyhoo, I really think that the best of Sabbath was through the first 3 albums as opposed to the first 6 like I used to think. They don't carry the same Sabbath sound throughout the rest of the albums. Those 3 albums - vol 4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Sabotage - are all great to very good but they just don't hold that same booming, haunting sound that's throughout the first 3 which is what I really love. I find it funny that commercially the press used to shit on Sabbath big time until they released Sabotage yet these guys are the biggest influence on an entire genre of music, they were huge at the time and selling millions of millions of records and still they were considered shit by mainstream reviews lol

And yeah agree with DUSK, Solitude is that song but no way Changes > Planet Caravan
    Last edited by The Hound; 02-19-2017 at 04:56 AM.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Good job reviving a 9 year old thread. Lol.

I love Sabbath, only the Ozzy era though. They should have changed the band name when Ozzy left cos it wasn't Sabbath anymore without Ozzy.

What did you think of the 13 album? I like it a lot. It's a really good attempt at getting back to that dark doom-laden sound of the first couple of albums. Check out the recent EP they dropped as well with 4 additional tracks from the 13 sessions. Really good stuff!!

My favourite album is Master of Reality. I can listen to that all day. Children of the Grave is insane!!!

All time favourite Sabbath song though is probably Hand of Doom. The tempo change in the middle is fuckin crazy, makes me want to jump around like an idiot every time!!

Have you read Ozzy's autobiography? Honestly the funniest book I've ever read! No other book has ever made me laugh out loud so much. So much so that my girlfriend decided to read it after me to find out what was so funny. She has absolutely zero taste in music, only listens to chart shit, but totally loved the book!

I read Tony's book as well but it was a bit bland compared to Ozzy's.

I love Sabbath as well, easily one of my favorite bands. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is a personal favorite but Paranoid is the obvious classic. Their debut is neck and neck for me though.

And lol at Changes been even in the same sentence as Planet Caravan wtf Planet Caravan is one of my favorite Sabbath songs. Changes is OK but nothing special. It goes:

Planet Caravan > Solitude >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Changes

Seen them live for the first time a few months ago as part of the end tour and they sounded exactly like they did 40 years ago. War Pigs was insane live.

Default No ozzy but still a great album