Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone going to see the WU in London 7/7/07

^ Probably just some Killa Bees. Street Life, Buddah Monk and people like that I would expect.

YEAH!! I'm going! I just need to wait for my dad to get home to book the tickets, but I have someone to go with now!

I'm so happy!

I suggest that we get all wucorp heads to a afterparty after the concert...
    Last edited by wu-tang1988; 06-27-2007 at 07:14 PM.

Prospect

Good idea!

Anyone want to arrange something?

we need a list of all the wucorp headz who are going to the gig from the site and we should all meet up check the show then have an afterparty at somebodies house.....BUT BE QUICK YALL WE GOT 3 DAYZ TO ORGANIZE THIS
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

Hell yeah,,,
    I went to the last one in Hammersmith so I aint missin this one,,,
    Bring on the WU..
    As for the warmups, last time it was Lil Flip and Wiley, so I wouldnt hold your breath on it being some killa beez. But hey, lets hope so...

Even though I just live down the road, im not gonna be able to go, long story but fuck am I gutted.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

25£ isn't much to pay for a show like that! It will be worth starving a couple of days for this! Going to London tomorrow! WHOHO!

yo i saw this show yesterday man.....madness....that shit was dope man, we got a sneak of 8 diagrams......that album is going to blow you lot away mark my wordz
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

For people that went last night

What time did they come on stage?

How long was they on stage?

Who was support?

What time did the gig finish?

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Some uk boys in support. Didn't seem very good.

They came on stage about 9:30 and played til about 11ish.

Sound wasn't the best, but the wu being the wu they were still on fire!

Meth did his usual crowd walk, and when he jumped into the crowd during Triumph, I had the pleasure of holding him up while he rapped "As the world turn, I spread like germs...."

My mate got himself thrown out before they even hit the stage for smoking a fuckin cigarette. Poor guy never seen the Wu before and still hasn't!

Funny, at the end they said:
    Meth - "We just finished our new album 8 Diagram Pole"
    RZA - "It's 8 Diagrams"
    Meth - "8 Diagrams, whatever! Don't look on the tv, don't listen on the radio, check our website to find out when it's released"
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 07-06-2007 at 04:51 AM.

I went last night and it was phat. Method Man was rocking the crowd, doing stage dives and getting everyone shouting stuff. Raekwon was drunk, Meth kept making fun of him and got the whole crowd to say "Raekwon the chef-is fucked!" lol. Rae was just smiling and saying "fuck you". When they did CREAM ghost and Rae kept shouting "all them niggas with the pounds! Let me see the pounds!"

Wu Tang were about 40 minutes late and the support group were shit. It was two English white men with northern accents and they kept saying nigga. Everyone was sticking their middle fingers up at them and after their first song they got booed and said thank you. Then after their ssecond song theysaid "make some noise" and it was silent lol. They were awful, they had crappy lyrics like "you're on your knees like your name is Neil".

They did a big tribute to ODB lead by Meth. All the lights were turned off and everyone put their lighters up and started shouting "ODB!". They did Shimmy Shimmy Ya and Brooklyn Zoo and then said how ODB loved pussy and got some girls up on stage. All the Wu kept making fun of them, especially Rae who kept calling them ugly ass bitches lol. Meth told them to shake their stinking asses or they'd get booed off and they did lol.

And it was Rza and Deck's birthday and Meth got everyone to say happy birthday to them.

Also, is it just me or was Cappa in the back, wearing a white jacket? He wasn't performing, but me and my mate both thought we saw him at the end.
    Last edited by Sean; 07-06-2007 at 09:29 AM.

I didnt see Donna, Just the standard 8, plus Streetlife to make up the 9..(and Math on the decks).
    Crazy night,,, even though Masta Killa didnt seem that interested at all, and for the most part Gza was just videoing the event.
    I would give that night 8/10, much better than the last Wu gig at hammersmith, and thats thanks to Meth who gave the thing a party atmosphere,.
    No doubt the last time they will play the UK after this tour finnishes so Im glad they all turned up and ripped it.
    Gotta say though, it was funny as hell when Raekwon, I think it was him, few beers so who knows,lol,, said 'London crowd has been the best by far and they always love playing London more than anywhere else'...
    What are the odds he has said this at every event and will continue to say, regardless of where they are playing,lol.. cheesey as hell.

I will leave you the words of the Meth (in regards to asking the 15 or so ladies to leave the stage, while spraying them with water... ''GET THE FUCK OF THE STAAAAGE!!!!''

A Classic Night
    Last edited by Repnosis; 07-06-2007 at 10:37 AM.

Oh yeah, did anyone catch the dudes at the begining in the crowd, wasted as hell, chanting Wu-Tang, completely out of time, and also in a near understandable accent,,,, that was funny as shit!