Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Beastie Boys Album 'The Mix Up'

im guessin its not a punk album...i cooda got into that a bit...i hope to good it is either as good or better than the shit on check ya head and ill communication...juan.

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
    so it sucks?

clown.

beastie boys have more musical talent and creativy than most
    (and i really stress most, just turn on your tv or radio and you know what im saying) rappers in the game. the mear fact that they dont give a fuck and do what they want on albums, but do it well, says it right there.

by the way their instrumental songs are fucking good. but instrumental doesnt mean no lyrics, although i havent heard either way, just means they are playing their instruments for the actual music.

should be dope though.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    clown.

beastie boys have more musical talent and creativy than most
    (and i really stress most, just turn on your tv or radio and you know what im saying) rappers in the game. the mear fact that they dont give a fuck and do what they want on albums, but do it well, says it right there.

by the way their instrumental songs are fucking good. but instrumental doesnt mean no lyrics, although i havent heard either way, just means they are playing their instruments for the actual music.

should be dope though.
    I think Dusk was just asking if it sucks.

I haven't heard the whole album. But I know there's no vocals on it. Go to www.beastieboys.com now, there's some strange shit on the front page.
    jettison that weight, or i'ma not even make it to cybertron

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by ((((A:I)))) View Post
    I think Dusk was just asking if it sucks.

I haven't heard the whole album. But I know there's no vocals on it. Go to www.beastieboys.com now, there's some strange shit on the front page.

indeed, it appears i am the horses ass.

it really depends on your musical horizon and how broad it is. its good music no doubt about it, just depends on if you want to give it a try.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

word buddy ur out of line...i have all of beastie's shit and i happen to LOVE their instrumental joints...alot....still hype for this tho...juan.

Wu Vatican

looks like they are releasing 20 seconds or so of the new song at a time on www.beastieboys.com shit sounds nice.

word it sounds cool...but what a tease...hope they make a real dope video for this one.

Wu Vatican

May 3rd, 2007
    The Mix-Up

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    BEASTIE BOYS GO INSTRUMENTAL, AGAIN
    The Mix-Up
    All-Instrumental Album Out June 26
    Mike "Mike D" Diamond, Adam "MCA" Yauch and Adam "Adrock" Horovitz have confirmed a June 26 release date for their seventh studio album, The Mix-Up, on Capitol Records.
    The Mix-Up is Beastie Boys' first-ever full album of all-new instrumental material. The follow-up to 2004's To The 5 Boroughs, The Mix-Up features Diamond, Horovitz and Yauch back on drums, guitar and bass, with able assistance from Keyboard Money Mark and percussionist Alfredo Ortiz, on 12 brand new wordless, sample-less, scratchless originals. Sure to please fans of the instrumental cuts from Check Your Head and Ill Communication and the cult hit compilation album made up largely of those tracks, The In Sound From Way Out!, The Mix-Up finds NYC's favorite sons drawing on one of their arsenal's primary strengths and pushing it into bold new directions.

Nice, I love their rapping songs, but I love their instrumentals just as much. They are just a very versitile band. Wu needs to get on some shit like this, not playing instruments necessarily, but just making good music. The beastie boys dont give a fuck how many records they sell, but thats what makes them still viable and still allows them to sell records ironically enough.

"I might stick around, or I might be a fad, but i wont sell myself for no t.v. ad."-MCA

^That about sums them up.

Wu Vatican

thier new website is up. it has tons of shit on it. i think they have the audio and video for every single they ever made. plus a bunch of other stuff.

on the main page they have one of the new songs. its good. has the ill communications/check your head instrumental vibe.
    Last edited by whitey; 05-18-2007 at 10:02 PM.

their site is awesome, might actually buy this album.

You can 'flick' those switches and hear snippets of the new songs.
    jettison that weight, or i'ma not even make it to cybertron

Wu Vatican

that shit is crisp. i saw the switchs other times but i just thought they were random sounds from the album but not actually snippets of the song. ahhh beasties know how to treat their fans right.