Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: My Top 101 Wu-Tang songs (Generals only)

I never ever in my wildest dreams did I think I would receive such a positive response. I really tried to do the best I could blending personal feelings with consensus opinions. Thank you all for spreading positivity and opinions in a tactful manner. You have ALL done the Wu a huge justice.

good list g its good to see such love 4 the wu in the hip hop industry of today...goodjob...and good no.1
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonearm_Terrorwrist View Post
    good list champ ... this is 10 pages long and no hating has occured ... brock u have created wucorp history my friend ... never has an opionated thread gone this far without hate lol peace
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    I never ever in my wildest dreams did I think I would receive such a positive response. I really tried to do the best I could blending personal feelings with consensus opinions. Thank you all for spreading positivity and opinions in a tactful manner. You have ALL done the Wu a huge justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidious_katana View Post
    good list g its good to see such love 4 the wu in the hip hop industry of today...goodjob...and good no.1

BRock is extra-ordinary for putting this together

Oh yeah, HUGE UPS to bigben for helping so diligently with this. He was there every step of the way and is an example of mod dedication to Wu that seemed waining in recent months. I could never have done as good a job without ya bud. Thanks a ton.

off the subject....If you enjoyed my writing at all and are a fan of poker, check out by poker thread in the sports section. Next week I start my section on cash game theory.

ps. sorry for the shameless self promotion

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

good job man really enjoyed this Peace

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Yeah I knew it had to be Cream. It wasn't nowhere else on the list and some of them songs don't touch it. Great Job fam.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Storyteller

Inspectah rules man! Next to Gza he's my favourite wu emcee and the main reason for that is his verse off cream. Excellent work man, i had a feeling CREAM would top the list.
    Stamping on the testicles of defeat!

Wu Vatican

I also disagree pretty heavily with "La Rhumba."

Let me ask you, did you feel it was necessary to include a little bit of somthing from everything? I understand if you did, no one wants to read a top 101 list compiled of only Tical, Forever, 36 Chambers, Cuban Linx and so on. There's nothing outrageous in that. Unless of course i'm wrong, and you truly believe these are the best 101.

La Rhumba is a dance track that for the first time really mixed latino sounds to the Wu Tang soundscape. It is different and for some fun. That's why it's on there.

I didn't feel it was necessary to include everything (Lex Diamonds, Mr. Xcitement didn't make the cut) but wanted a broad spectrum of the Wu Catalog not just pre-97. To me this is not just a list of favorites in terms of likability but importance as well.

Wu Vatican

Ok that's understandable.

Wow thanks a lot tek^^^^

yoooooooooooooooooooo crazy list man
    good job that looks like a lot of hard work.

why isnt the abduction on there? i would have it at least top 20
    " I'm too ill/ I represent Park Hill/ See my face on the twenty dollar bill/ Cash it in, and get ten dollars back/
    The fat LP with Cappachino on the wax/ Pass it in your think, put valve up to twelve/ Put all the other LP's back on the shelf/ And smoke a blunt, and dial 9-1-7/ 1-6-0-4-9-3-11/ And you could get long dick hip-hop affection/ I damage any MC who step in my direction
    "

It's on a Tony Touch mixtape but I'll highlight it anyway....I wanted easy to access joints so new and old fans would have an easy time finding them....thanks big lu

I don't agree with a lot of these, but powerful post regardless.
    Hip-Hop's forefathers...that's right...forefathers.

Free Killa Sin!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=EedXtPhPhlI