Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Auto racing

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Alonso just miles ahead of his competition. His car and his driving are so good. Ferrari got new engine and aerodynamics for the next race should be interesting to see if they actually improve at all
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

its not about renault being really good its just the other teams or not on the pace. The mclarens are quick but they just suffer from a lack of pace at the middle section of a race. the ferraris suffer from really bad tyres, honda are really quick in qualifying but lack race pace. ferrari should be competitive in the next race with all their changes but i think they will still suffer from tyre problems. At the moment renault are just doing the right things but their car will be beaten if they dont make improvements as all the other teams are making new improvements, i havent heard any developments from renault though. I wont be surprised by mid season renault to be overtaken by mclaren ferrari honda, and maybe toyota

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Remember the time when Ferrari(and Mclaren) was awfully superior. Nowadays even Bar and others has almoist reached Ferrari:

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Tremendous
    Remember the time when Ferrari(and Mclaren) was awfully superior. Nowadays even Bar and others has almoist reached Ferrari:
    its the fia changes that was meant to make f1 more competetive.

it has upsides and downsides.

clear up is that, more teams are competetive, who would have thought renault would be doing so damn well!?!

but downside of course,
    the dons in racing like ferrari n mclaren become less don-like.

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by HAN88
    its not about renault being really good its just the other teams or not on the pace. The mclarens are quick but they just suffer from a lack of pace at the middle section of a race. the ferraris suffer from really bad tyres, honda are really quick in qualifying but lack race pace. ferrari should be competitive in the next race with all their changes but i think they will still suffer from tyre problems. At the moment renault are just doing the right things but their car will be beaten if they dont make improvements as all the other teams are making new improvements, i havent heard any developments from renault though. I wont be surprised by mid season renault to be overtaken by mclaren ferrari honda, and maybe toyota
    dats a great summary of f1 right at the moment

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Where a new grand prix "arena" should be build?

finally people gotta believe me when i say that if schumacher's car is not superior, he's not that good

Quote Originally Posted by IRONMAN GFK
    finally people gotta believe me when i say that if schumacher's car is not superior, he's not that good
    Formula 1 is an interesting sport, at the moment it can be considered that renault have a suprerior car to everyone else. In the last grand prix when the cameras turned to fissichella his engineer told him on the radio, 'fisi you have the same car and setup as alonso, but his 2 seconds a lap faster than you get a move on' this is a clear example of two completely different drivers, the same with the dominant ferrari team barrichello had the same car as schumacher but still didnt come near micheal. Schumacher last year had a really bad car but still ended up third. In the 96,97,98 seasons he had a crap car and still was challengin for the title. You will never have a situation in formula 1 that allows for equal speed and performance by the cars. Schumacher proved to be a great champion because he is always up their and still performs even with a bad car,
    It was in the paper today that he signed a new 2 year deal worth 60 million pounds, he got a 5mill payrise, this is a rumour though. i think the deal went through i dont think it was about money cause the man has made enough money, the guy is still hungry for victory, maybe he will go for 10 world championships.

its aight mario andredi owns it tho

Prince Rai

whos got a team linked with the f1 virtual teams??

http://www.mclaren.com/gpleague06/login.php

SHAOLIN STUDENT

This year is gonna be though at the formula scene. cant say whos going to win

ferrari look really quick in imola, and it seems if they dont make any mistakes theyll be too quick for the others. massa made a huge mistake at the end of one of his laps but still managed to put in a time that was quicker than every1 else's. they look very impressive, so do the honda's i belive the mclarens are on heavy fuel again. dont kno why they do it, why not take a risk and go on a light fuel load they might win the race if they did that, with a heavy car they fall back too far behind at the beginning of the race. dont think renault were slow, like i said all the other teams made major improvements and with toyota being quick as well renault were pushed back. if it continues like this the season could be really competitive. i wanna see toyota and bmw also match the pace of the front runners as well those two teams have real potential.

So whats up with this topic? No one wrote about the Monaco GP. Any thoughts? In my opinion it's the most exciting GP. Really good fun to watch.
    But... this year it was a disaster for me, knowing that I'm like the biggest Kimi fan in the whole world. Well maybe not the biggest, but a big one anyway. He's such an amazing talent. Cold as ice. Enough said.

edit: By the way, it's not even close to being my first post here, I just haven't been around here for a couple of years now so I had to re-activate my user account. I don't know if anyone remembers me though.
    Last edited by deea; 06-07-2006 at 12:53 PM.

I'm heavy into Formula One. I went to the Gp of Canada last year. I'm a Mclaren fan (Really a Kimi fan). They are having some serious reliablity issues this season as they did last season.

Now after what happened at monaco i think they pushing for schumacher to retire, and i think he will. i still believe he will win the championship this year, because we saw at monaco how fast that ferrari is. and if he had started from the front of the grid he would have certainly won that race.

As for silverstone, i think that schumacher has a slight advantage over alonso, but i dont think alonso will be dropping any points. the reliability of the renault and the consistency of alonso is impressive. and i dont see in the near future of that renault breaking down and alonso losing major points to schumacher.