14.CONCRETE JUNGLES
    15.GUN CONTROL

Poison Rituals
    http://www.zshare.net/download/08-po...tuals-wma.html

Enemy Strikes Back
    http://www.zshare.net/download/02-th...-back-wma.html

The Killing Fields
    http://www.zshare.net/download/04-th...ields-wma.html

The Psycho Realm return with their highly anticipated follow up to their classic WAR STORY BOOK I. Literally following on from were the last album left of, Duke and Sick Jacken return to give us more of those dark grimey street tales with a heart, and thats really the best way to descibe their tales, they talk about life in the hood, the life of a gangbanger including the consequenses of such a lifestyle. This album is not about the glorification of the LA gang scene but rather a sort of documentary giving the listener an uncut view of how it is without all the glitz and glamour that most mc's today like to portray.
    Unfortunally during the early stages of the creation of this album, Duke was shot through the neck leaving him parilysed from the neck down making this the last album as the group Psycho Realm. Fortunately Duke had most of his verses layed down and he appears on all tracks during the first half (WAR YEARS PART 2) and appears on the first three tracks of the second half, leaving Jacken to go at it alone the rest of the way.

LYRICS
    I honestly don't know what more I could say about them because if you read my previous review of WAR STORY BOOK 1 then you know why I rate them so much. To put it bluntly THEY ARE GREAT FUCKING STORYTELLERS!! I really enjoy their lyrics, Jacken in particular is easily one of my favourate mc's of all time (you read that right) not only does he have the words of a novelist but his flow and energy is insane. Some make not like his voice because he does have that nasally type voice akin to B Real (who was a one time member of this group).
    Duke who also has great writing ability but has a much distinct flow, his voice more gravelly/smokey with a more clumsey, slower flow, kind of like a cross between Rza and Meth. Both really play well off each other which is why it makes Duke's inccident all the more tragic because we may never get to hear these two mc's like this again.

PRODUCTION
    If you have heard their previous albums then you know what to expect here, more dark grimey raw beats, ofcourse the last four tracks of the album really have a more lighter tone and in my opinion it's a bit of a hit and miss with me, don't let that put you off though because this album carries more than enough dope joints to bump to.

OVERALL
    This is a fantastic end to a trilogy of raw, concious street albums from a group who are criminally overlooked by the majority of hip hop fans, I think because they are mexican and come from the westcoast they are unfortunately placed along side all those cholo mexican gangsta rappers which is really unfair because their style has more in common with groups like Wu-Tang. The album is notoriously hard to find so if you do find it, don't hesitate, get it because it really is worth your time, if you can't get a hold of it, look for it on albumbase.

Lyrics 10/10
    Production 9/10
    Overall 9/10

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

penalty boxed user

it's a good cd

at least check it out people.

Method Man

I thought there was hip hop heads here...

Method Man

The best album from Psycho Realm in my opinion. Sick Jacken really shines on this with his insane lyrical stories. And as Tauro said, he had alot more solo tracks because of what happened to Duke. Another pro to this album is that they improved their chorus'. Anyone know the sample used on "Lifestyle"? I know Living Legends have used it before.

Top 5: The Enemy Strikes Back, The Killing Fields, Art of Execution, First Day Of Freedom, Poison Rituals...just about every track is a 5/5 on my itunes, the other 3 are 4/5.

Grade: (4.7/5) A+

i was thinkin about checkin out other psycho realm albums but they got some pretty bad reviews(besides the first one) so i didn't bother. i might check it out tho

DOPE ALBUM!!! I only really got into Psycho Realm because I was a massive Cypress Hill fan, so I used to love the first album more than the second two cos B-Real is all over the first album. I gradually got into the other albums too, and I bump this one mre than anything now... Jacken is fuckin' ill on the mic!!!

Either this or the Unreleased album from 98 is the best Psycho Realm album IMO, I cant decide between the two.

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Tyson View Post
    i was thinkin about checkin out other psycho realm albums but they got some pretty bad reviews(besides the first one) so i didn't bother. i might check it out tho
    Bad reviews?...i've never read any bad reviews for Realm albums, what bad reviews do you speak off?

Method Man