Page 103 of 168 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2513

Thread: kung fu flicks

fo sho...in emeail i talk to bey logen...and said that he loves john woo flicks..one he really wants to get out is bullit in the head..since its pretty rare here in the states

killer is a dope flick

DrunkenMasta303

^bullet in the head is john woos best flick imo, that shit is EPIC

but yo i upgraded my shaw brothers collection, i rate them with 5.5 = TOP

starring ti lung:

the magic blade.........4
    blood brothers..........4.5
    have sword, will travel..........5.5 great story and great finale
    soul of the sword.............4.5
    clans of intrigue.................5.5 prolly my fav ti lung movie
    legend of the bat..................4
    vengeance..............3.5
    the emperor and his brother........3 couldnt follow the plot at all
    the heroic ones...................5
    shaolin temple..................5 great cast

others:

36 chambers of shaolin............5.5 classic
    return of the 36 chambers.........4.5
    disciples of the 36th chamber........4.5 best fights of the 36chambers flicks imo
    the web of death..............3
    five deadly venoms...........5.5 classic
    invincible shaolin..................5.5 prolly my fav venom flick
    lion vs lion.................2.5
    human lanterns................5.5 mad underrated, dope story
    the twelve gold medallions.............4.5
    drunken monkey...................3
    the chinese boxer...........3

i also watched some flikks online:

kid with the golden arm............5.5 best villain ever haha
    crippled avengers.............5.5 that fight with the rings - craaazy choreography
    8 diagram pole fighter.............3.0 idk most overrated shaw flick ever

all in all i think that venom crew is my fav group of shaw actors, their fighting skills are INCREDIBLE and i luv how they portray their characters, they mad kool n shit

also i think ti lung >>> gordon liu, because it seems that liu always plays the same role in every movie (learn to fight-take revenge) and he only has like 2 different face expressions lol, liu is the better fighter tho

btw @100proof, have u seen clans of intrigue?? cos i didnt see it on your list
    this movie is a jewel, i noticed the director chu yuan is a master of creating images, i mean the colors/locations n all that, that shit is art imo

heres da trailer

the venom crew is my fav as also..dope list u got ...i got most of what u put down..and most of them agree with

Ip Man (HK 2008) - Feature

September 1st, 2008 / Features

About The Movie
    Ip Man is adapted from the life story of Ip Man, the grand master of the Wing Chun style kungfu and sifu (master) of legendary kung fu superstar Bruce Lee. Wing Chun has a history of more than 200 years. It was founded by Yim Wing-chin, took root in the hands of Leung Chun, and prospered with Ip Man. The art of Wing Chun has now become very popular with martial arts enthusiasts, especially overseas. It is a traditional Chinese martial art with a formidable reputation internationally.

Wing Chun Chuan is characterized by close body combat, requiring practitioners to show speed and power. Its Chi Sao of “sticking hands” is more similar to modern day combat skills and has a rich feel of genuine strikes. This is also why Ip Man differs from the dazzlingly romantic and purely fictional style of previous martial art movies. Its explosive punches and aggressive close-range combat offer a new thrill never experienced by modern day audiences.
    The story of Wing Chun began in the 1920s and 30s, in wartorn China. Ip Man was martial art’s unyielding follower, devoted whole-heartedly to the free learning of wushu. The fight to be top between the Wushu schools in the southern and northern regions of China had not stopped him having goodwill matches with other practitioners. Nationalistic bad feelings and racial hatred had not lessened his respect for Japanese martial arts warriors. In this great era of hatreds and tragedies, Ip focused only on wushu. His enthusiasm for martial arts saw him having devastating straight fights with various elite practitioners.
    To this date there have been neither movies nor publications about Ip Man. This movie will be the first important record of the master’s life. Ip’s persistent devotion to Wing Chun is a classic example of the love and respect shown to wushu and the freedom and spirit it represents. This movie will see the making of a modern whushu representative of Chinese people worldwide. Ip Man is a concept, a spirit, a way of thinking – and it represents a new peak in Hong Kong’s wushu movies.

Detailed Synopsis

It is 1930s Foshan and the mood is one of wushu, wushu and more wushu. One fateful night, Sifu Liu calls at the mansion of the renowned Ip family after the opening of Liu’s new wushu school. During the friendly visit, Liu challenges devoted Wing Chun master Ip Man (Donnie Yen) to a sparring match behind closed doors. Ip wins easily.
    The match remains a secret until the younger brother of Kungfu Crazy Lam (Xing Yu), saw the fight and decides to tell everyone about it. It is a loss of face for Liu and results in some serious rows. Ip is mocked by a police officer, Li Chiu (Gordon Lam Ka-tung), and breaks the latter’s revolver in two. In the meantime, marauding thugs and followers of Kam Shan-chau (Louis Fan Siu-wong) goes around challenging the Foshan wushu schools. In one fight, Kungfu Crazy Lam is seriously injured. Ip tried to save him but is challenged by Kam. The whole of Foshan gathers to watch Ip dispense with Kam easily using the four forms of Wing Chun: fists, legs, knives and poles. Ip becomes an overnight hero and wins Li Chiu’s respect and Foshan goes crazy for Wing Chun.

Ip’s prosperity does not last long. In 1937, the Sino-Japanese war breaks out and within a year, Foshan has fallen. The Japanese army seizes Ip’s family home and Ip and his wife Cheung Wing-sing (Lynn Hung) as well as their son seeks refuge in a derelict house. On his way to a pawnshop one day, Ip bumps into an old friend Chow Ching-chuen (Simon Yam), the boss of a cotton mill factory. Chow offers his old friend help but Ip is too proud to forsake his dignity for food and shelter. When food runs out, Ip is forced to work as a coolie to keep his family alive. At the factory, he is reunited with Kungfu Crazy Lam.
    One day, a troop of Japanese soldiers led by General Miura (Hiroyuki Ikeuchi) arrives at the factory. Miura is crazy about wushu and uses rice as a reward to temp the Chinese to contest the Japanese in martial arts. Ip refuses to be baited but Lam eagerly takes up the challenge. Lam’s skillful moves fuel General Miura’s enthusiasm and he enters the ring to take on Lam himself. Lam is no match for the General and pays with his life.
    The next day, Ip finds Lam missing. He is forced by the soldiers to go to the arena and is shocked to see Sifu Liu already severely beaten up by three soldiers. Ip is furious that Liu had to risk his life for food provisions and enters the arena to challenge the Japanese enemies. Even though Ip is outnumbered, he beats down his challengers one by one until none is left standing, Miura is elated and full of admiration for Ip. But Ip is very upset especially when Miura rewards Ip with the bag of blood-stained rice.
    Kam leads a robbery at Chow’s cotton mill, which leaves several people dead. Chow decides to seek Ip’s help. Ip finally agrees and trains the mill workers Wing Chun and the factory grounds are turned into a de facto wushu academy. Kam stages another attack and although Ip and his followers are no match for Kam’s thugs, they score a magnificent victory.

Meanwhile, General Miura cannot forget Ip Man’s masterly skills and places Ip on the wanted list. To avenge his defeat, Kam disclose Ip’s whereabouts to the Japanese. General Miura storms into the mill with his army. While Ip, tipped off by Li Chiu, decides to forsake his own life in exchange for his followers’ freedom. With great sadness, he hastily arranges for his wife and son to leave Foshan.
    The approaching army is stopped in its tracks by a towering figure: Ip Man. Ip challenges the general to a duel but the general wants to take the fight to the streets of Foshan where he wants the residents to witness Ip’s defeat.
    In the ring, Ip and General Miura give their all in a life-and-death match that pits Wing Chun’s Chi Sao against Japanese karate. As excited Japanese soldiers cheer their general on, their Chinese counterparts are forced to witness the fight in silence. But with each attacking move, Ip wins back dignity for the Chinese. As he hears a sudden roar of applause, Ip realizes that his family and friends have not abandoned him. As his supporters cheer him on, he becomes more courageous and daring. But at a crucial point when Ip launches his final deadly punch, a Japanese officer responds by pulling his gun on Ip. A shot rings out and the scene turns to mayhem.
    Several decades later, a trendily dressed young man walks into a Wing Chun school in Hong Kong. The young man wants to learn Wing Chun from Sifu Ip Man. His name is Bruce Lee. The elderly Ep, with eyes like a hawk’s but a peaceful air, shows who the true master of kung fu really is.

HOW DO I POST A VIDEO, i have a link

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

is it youtube...if not just throw up the link

also the movie gonna be dope

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

looks cool

for youtube vids all u do is copy the letters after the v=

like just put the ugaqw in the youtube thing when u hit advance in reply

Veteran Member

Calling all kung fu brothers...Who knows what film the sample on campfire comes from. and no it is NOT 8 Diagrams.

Cheers!

UPDATE: I found it. It comes from Writing Kung Fu with Bolo.
    Last edited by mantis_fist; 06-10-2009 at 02:43 PM.

Default Matial Arts movies reccomendations?

I'm a huge fan of martial arts (ironic, coming from a wu-fan) and I wanna start watching kung fu flicks again.
    I've seen Enter The Dragon, Drunken MAster, Chinese Connection, Fist of Fury, The Protector, Ong Bok, Invisible Bullet, The One, Snake in the Crane's Shadow, Crippled Masters, and Crouching Tiger.

I'd rather watch old movies, any reccomendations?

That was actually the first thread I read when I got here, but I'm not reading 101 pages for that.
    And yes I'm 14, kudos on realizing that.

all u need is to read the 1st post over 800 flicks with a rating to em ...any thing at 5 i or 5.5 i would pick up

check the deadly venom stuff and ti lung and david chang stuff

another date for the dynasty

they are letting go the

eforcer.......jet li
    on 2-10-09

aafter they put out
    super cop.....jackie chan
    on 1-16-09

It's been so long since i've seen super cop.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man