Page 68 of 168 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2513

Thread: kung fu flicks

Quote Originally Posted by Elaquent View Post
    update:

just watched Tiger Over Wall, starring Philip Ko and Hwang Jang Lee

this movie was better than i thought. it was put together by the same producers who put together Two on the Road (aka Fearless Dragons), and i was real impressed. the story is about a man who agrees to take the blame for a crime he didnt commit, just to get doublecrossed...yadda yadda yadda..insert revenge motif here. overall the story is entertaining enuff. better than avg i'd say. the fight choreography is really tight, Philip Ko is on fire in this one...hes got great technique and hes real fast. the endfight vs hwang jang lee is awesome, as expected. very good fights, and a solid story equates to a good flick. i give this one a 4.2.

up next: Angry Ranger, starring Ben Lam..a modern flick (around 87 or so i think), which features fight choreography by Jackie Chan's stunt team (no jackie appearance tho)
    that sounds pretty good, never heard of it, when was it made? shaw brothers?
    i mite have to check it out
    was watchin kid with the golden arms last night, it gets better each time i watch it, i might have to cop the full length version, i hear theres about 30 mins missing on my version

Buddha Assassinator

"that sounds pretty good, never heard of it, when was it made? shaw brothers?
    i mite have to check it out
    was watchin kid with the golden arms last night, it gets better each time i watch it, i might have to cop the full length version, i hear theres about 30 mins missing on my version"

not sure the exact date of Tiger Over Wall...but just judging by the fight choreography and its similarities to Fearless Dragon, i would guess it was made at around 1981 or so. thats just a guess tho. and no, its not a Shaw Brothers flick, its independent. u can get this flick along with Goose Boxer, on a double-feature Ground Zero dvd.

Kid with the Golden Arms is the truth..im glad ur likin it more and more...and yeah, im guessing u have the same Ground Zero dvd that i have..which is only like 71 minutes long. theres at least 20 or 25 minutes cut off of that version. theres a copy in circulation which retains most of the cut 20 minutes, but instead, they cut out much of the violence. guess we'll have to wait until Celestial puts it out...which may be a while.

yo i watched 5 fingers of death today
    that shit is dope, im not gonna review it, but its fuckin dope, fights are surprisingly good (lol @ red paint lookin blood tho), strong characters and everything
    hey elaquent are theyre any other fu flicks i shud know about where lo lieh is a good guy? he played the role quite well

Buddha Assassinator

hmmm...i would have to do some research on that one...i'll get back to u on that point...personally 5 Fingers of Death aka King Boxer is the only hero role ive ever seen Lo Lieh play. im kinda surprised he didnt try more heroic roles either, i thought he did a great job...then again, hes a great villain in everything hes in too. 5 fingers of death is definetely a classic. i dont think he did many hero roles..hes been a typecast villain for the majority of his career.

hmmm...i would have to do some research on that one...i'll get back to u on that point...personally 5 Fingers of Death aka King Boxer is the only hero role ive ever seen Lo Lieh play. im kinda surprised he didnt try more heroic roles either, i thought he did a great job...then again, hes a great villain in everything hes in too. 5 fingers of death is definetely a classic. i dont think he did many hero roles..hes been a typecast villain for the majority of his career.
    okay duke, fist of the white lotus and executiners of shaolin are great films, but after seeing that i wanted somethin else. that film was supposed to be quite a success so im surprised too, and its too late for me to be trawlin thru imdb to find out what other shit hes done, whatever it is ill be happy to find out.

PRODIGAL SUN

Watching Fist of legend now on UKTV

Quote Originally Posted by Young Granger View Post
    Watching Fist of legend now on UKTV
    haha, yeh i saw that that was on, i believe its a remake of bruce lees chinese connection, which is a dope film, i didnt watch it cos i had to bump 421 for the first time

fist of legend with jet is my fav movie from jet a def must have

Buddha Assassinator

fist of legend is definetely a classic, and arguably jet's best movie, period.

Veteran Member

Elaquent is correct. Jet Li's best and a true classic.
    And what shall we toast?

Madness! Combustion! Liberty and the end of all law! The invisible international! The toast is anarchy!

PRODIGAL SUN

fist of legend is definetely a classic, and arguably jet's best movie, period.
    Wow what a film, that was classic! i gota get that

PRODIGAL SUN

And its jet li week on uktv so there is a jet li film on evry night

Is Lady Iron Monkey in someway connected with samples of Wu? Or is it just a random movie?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    Is Lady Iron Monkey in someway connected with samples of Wu? Or is it just a random movie?
    its sampled on 'hellz wind staff'

I knew it. The name was just too familiar to me to be passed on as just another movie. If I recognize a name, there's a story behind that title.

Okay, so what's the sample we are talking about?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997