Thread: Waters of Nazareth

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Default Waters of Nazareth

this is without a doubt one of the deeeepest songs i've ever heard...

i was always wondering about alot of the lyrics and i discovered recently that Bronze provided the Chambermusik Dartz section with the real lyrics to it....been like studying this song ever since...

i'd like to see ppl's thoughts on this...how you interpret some of the stuff and what not...

Artist: Bronze Nazareth
    Album: Blowgun CD-5
    Song: Waters Of Nazareth (Love Me Only)
    Typed By: Bronze Nazareth

[Intro: Bronze Nazareth]
    Run your fingers through the Waters of Nazareth….everybody else has…

[Bronze Nazareth]
    Heart attacking again, chest blackening
    Head’s cracking again from pacific which is lacking within
    Watchin’ Atlantic’s tides creepin’ in
    And he’s realizin’ with no disguisin’ there’s a previous ocean still tantalizing
    To Pacific’s eyes when, my temperature’s risin’
    Though I float smoothly instead of abusin’
    She can’t see oceanic pollution
    And still his containment is soothin’
    So I’m losin’ gallons
    Birds scrape and scratch me when I’m landed on with sharp talons
    I lay back pass the islands, takes three months of waitin’
    I’ll be back down to low tide my saltwater evaporatin’
    Pacific still being dipped in but not by myelin
    So my contents are still dyin’, while bad birds keep flyin’ in
    The others I don’t want , but I enter myself ignorantly
    into shallow oceans, kinda hopin’ they don’t elevate me
    While loved ones and surrounding others
    say they don’t deserve my holy waters in their life,
    I think pacific does but she doesn’t realize

[Chorus x2: Bronze Nazareth]
    (Tell Me) Oceans of Wisdom
    (…me only, yeah) Waters of Nazareth

[Bronze Nazareth]
    Mid ocean potion hittin’ notions of my explosions
    Your winter erodes the center of Atlantic’s frantic land seams
    Engulf beams of your radius, changing ever gracious
    Chambers half of eight so glacious, and moving spacious
    Months, years, sun, moon, stars, in between
    Spread ya earth under me before the trenches are seen
    Plain as night, days are slights circles of hands
    Around twelve digits, I slowly calculate your positions
    Wishin’ I layed in your gulf streams
    I can run my fingers through the tributaries but can’t describe the seas
    And the rivers leave slivers of pollution in my solution
    Dilution of viscosity, spreading everything from possibly
    Building up, spilling cups of hydrosphere
    So why be here?
    Without chance of entering your fissures and expanding
    ‘Cuz, only your water appears clear and hope is still withstanding

[Chorus x2]

[Bronze Nazareth]
    Confined in channels, paths braided like your currents
    While I meander downstream
    you watch, hold rocks, comtemplating
    Dregding for the fledging floodplain in which we sit
    Broken dams replaced by weathered hands, I’m frozen by eclipse
    Residence time is condensed,
    As the chambers of the Arctic wrench backwards,
    Caused by the moons adverse
    Gravitation, making your warm earth move away from,
    the waves of my beeping life line decayin’ lifetimes
    Hydrograph finds sublime signs, red sea declines
    Atlantic tides reachin’ highs, evaporate except my eyes
    Salinity rise, what has this taught ya bout my culture?
    You’ve filtered through the grains and went for dirt like groundwater
    Never thought her to be so porous, pacific riding sea horses
    If you drift and find me later, see what pollution causes
    ………..’cause you couldn’t love me only

Been listenin to this song a lot lately actually, love the first verse!!

Takes a while for me to understand wha he's talkin about in the song but i get there eventually, haha!!
    Fresh Breath Productions©;
    http://www.soundclick.com/freshbreathproductions
    Send Us An E-Mail If You Like Our Beats An Wanna Buy Any Or Wanna Start A Project!!!
    [email protected]

He's talking about women and how their mistreated and sometimes mistreats themselves.

P.E.A.C.E.

Veteran Member

soemthing to do with the love of his life (pacific) sleepin around (gettin polluted) and not realisin bronze loved her

bronze is the holy water within the pacific.

shallow oceans are slags bronze be sleepin with but doesn't want to be emotional involved with them and never will. rivers pollute him (slags give him std's maybe?)

Pacific still being dipped in but not by my melenin - she's gettin sex but not from him

its some deep metaphoric shit, need to love at it longer to understand more of the metaphor. love this line "m frozen by eclipse"

not sure what bronze is. thought he was the water within the ocean, but not sure. could be a fish if birdsare attackin him
    could be the beach/sand. he's clean and beautiful while but she went for the dirt (other nasty fellas)
    could be a water molecules - evaporate except my eyes

glad to see this gettin some attention....this song is just lyrically brilliant IMO..

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

yea, and the beat is great too... lol, look at what track we got for free, and then look at the commercial bullshit....damn
    bring back begongo!!

Default A Little Late But Better Than Never.

Okay, i only heard this track for the first time about a week or so ago, I have to say this track is amazing before we continue.

This track is about the waters of Nazareth, Nazareth being a place in Israel:

The track is about the 2 loves in his life, his first love, Pacific, and his next big love, Atlantic and the story of his love life. I’ll break down the entire track bar for bar to the best of my understanding.

This is verse 1, after very verse I’ll summarise the verse, you can decide if it is accurate or if there is something wrong or could be interpreted better, this is just my breakdown but it doesn’t mean it’s the only meaning:

“Heart attacking again, chest blackening
    Head’s cracking again from pacific which is lacking within”

Pain cased from a lack of pacific within his lands, heart attack, head cracking, describing death, he’s broken up with his love, who is pacific.

“Watchin’ Atlantic’s tides creepin’ in”

Atlantic seems to be another woman in his life he cares for, possibly a friend. He’s slowly watching her come towards him, her love for him at the same time he’s breaking up with pacific.

“And he’s realizin’ with no disguisin’ there’s a previous ocean still tantalizing
    To Pacific’s eyes when, my temperature’s risin”

He realises that when he gets angry(temp risin), pacific can see that he is desperate to grip onto their pervious love, however both him and pacific know its too late.

“Though I float smoothly instead of abusin’
    She can’t see oceanic pollution”

He doesn’t peruse her, only when he is angry does his desperation seem clear to pacific. He doesn’t bother her, he lets what is to come just be, he breaks up wit her instead of abusing her, chasing her, bothering her, being a crazy ex basically. She can’t see oceanic pollution, the pollution is what is left once her love is withdrawn, her current is taken away, the current being the current way the love is flowing, right now its flowing outward, not inward. The pollution is the pain of losing her love, she can’t see that because he shows little emotion and doesn’t chase her.

“And still his containment is soothin’
    So I’m losin’ gallons”

The word ‘still’ indicates that he is still in love with her. Containment is soothing, containment being the water which is still trapped in his land, the love he still has for her. It is soothing because he would prefer to have her there and feel the love than not have it there, even though it is fading and flowing outward as she does not love him no more, or shall we say isn’t in love with him. Because of this, he is losing gallons of water, of love.

“Birds scrape and scratch me when I’m landed on with sharp talons”

Okay, now the water has receded, the land is bare, birds scrape and scratch, sharp talons, could be talking about whores, sluts, just girls who mean nothing to him. they hurt him because the water has gone, the love, he uses them only for sex, he’s cold now because there is no love in his life, and in turn he is only hurt for it, his lack of love causes only himself pain as it is a reminder that Pacific’s water isn’t where the birds scratch.

“I lay back pass the islands, takes three months of waitin
    I’ll be back down to low tide my saltwater evaporatin”

I lay back pass the islands, this indicates that the land mass which is him, Bronze Nazareth, is actually loose, wandering around in the ocean, I don’t know if this is right, this is one of the bars that slightly confuse me.

Three months pass and he’s back down to low tide, the waters are low, Pacific is completely out of his life, only the love he has for her remains, not the love she has for him. saltwater evaporating indicates that it is Pacific’s love that he is shedding.

“Pacific still being dipped in but not by myelin”

Pacific is now dating other men, possibly having sex with them. What he means by myelin:

Nazareth’s myelin would be the sea of galiee and the dead sea:

So basically he’s saying she’s being dipped into, fucked, but not by his myelin, his waters, him, but by someone else.

“So my contents are still dyin’, while bad birds keep flyin’ in”

His contents would be the water and what lives in the water, if it’s the water itself then that would be fine, but it could also be the people who live, reside, within his waters, his friends, family, any and all loved ones. Bad birds keep flying in, whores, girls he doesn’t care about, which only makes him hurt more and reminds him of Pacific as the pollution makes his lands weak and dry and reminded when the birds scratch at them. Basically meaning the sex with the women remind him of whats missing in his life, the love he misses, and there is no way a bird can replace an ocean, a whore can replace a queen, so he is in more pain because of it. Basically he’s saying the love is fading ever more. With every bar time moves on and the love fades more and more.

“The others I don’t want , but I enter myself ignorantly
    into shallow oceans, kinda hopin’ they don’t elevate me”

The others he doesn’t want, other women, queens, not whores, shallow “oceans”. So he ignorantly starts to date women again, women who aren’t whores, women he can have feelings for. However, he’s reluctant, he doesn’t want them to elevate his waters. He doesn’t want to fall in love, he doesn’t believe anyone can take Pacific’s place.

“While loved ones and surrounding others
    say they don’t deserve my holy waters in their life”

Loved one’s comfort him, tell him he is a good person, they don’t deserve his love in their life, tell him that he shouldn’t lose hope and not to give up and what not. The kinda talk you give anyone who’s just lost the love of their life.

“I think pacific does but she doesn’t realize”

However, no matter what his loved one say, he still wants her, and holds on to the dream one day she will realise she loves him still.

Summery

Basically, he’s broken up with the love of his life, he’s distraught, he mentions of a friend he cares dearly about, Atlantic, but she’s yet to come on the scene. He’s lost the love of his life, so he’s sleeping with whore’s and any girl he can find but its only making him feel worse, he see’s his love starting to date others, so he starts to do the same, tries to move on, but even though he tries, he doesn’t want to fall in love because he doesn’t believe that anyone else can fill the void which Pacific has left. By the end of the verse it is clear he still loves pacific and wants her to still be in love with him, although she doesn’t.

Verse 2:

“Mid ocean potion hittin’ notions of my explosions”

Mid ocean potions, possibly an earthquake for example, causing a tidal wave, the wave slams against the land. Basically, love comes into his life right out of nowhere due to something out of his control, the word he’s chosen, my explosions, indicates that sex was a strong reason for this.

“Your winter erodes the center of Atlantic’s frantic land seams”

Your winter, I believe he’s talking about his own winter, the cold nature which he has gained because of the loss of Pacific. This attracts Atlantic, obviously Atlantic has some psychological issues, but that’s neither here nor there. Frantic land seams, I believe he’s talking of Atlantic coming in from the west, through the land seam of Europe and Africa, which would be Atlantics land seam, frantic because of its shape.

“Engulf beams of your radius, changing ever gracious
    Chambers half of eight so glacious, and moving spacious”

Water fills his waters, the sea’s flood and freeze. She loves him, but his love is cold for Atlantic, or it could mean his love for Atlantic settles in and is solid. I believe the latter because of “moving spacious”, meaning the love is big, strong, also that he is holding onto Atlantics love, due to his experiences with Pacific he is not willing to let love go this time. Also he talks of half of 8, which means the sea of Galiee, not the dead sea, the dead sea being his dead love. So the sea of Galiee is flooded, his love for Atlantic increases.

“Months, years, sun, moon, stars, in between”

Years and months pass, sun moon and stars all effect the sea’s and the forces of the sea, therefore basically, him and Atlantic go through many experiences together.

"Spread ya earth under me before the trenches are seen
    Plain as night, days are slights circles of hands
    Around twelve digits, I slowly calculate your positions"

This part is very obscure, I’m not too sure its meaning, but this is what I think.

The Atlantic is pushing the earth under him to push him against the land, he is scared to give his love completely, to detach from the earth and become part of the gulf of water which is part of the Atlantic, possibly talking about marriage. Around 12 digits, a cycle, he slowly calculates both their positions, possibly a year. what both of them have been through, Atlantic's and his. Circles of hands could describe rings and wedding hands, both left hands for example, his left hand and Atlantic's left hand, the word slight could represent even an engagement.

“Wishin’ I layed in your gulf streams”

He wishes to stop being so cold and give himself into Atlantic, but he doesn’t seem to be able to.

“I can run my fingers through the tributaries but can’t describe the seas”

Tributaries, same as myelin metaphor, but he can’t describe the seas, the dead sea and the sea of galiee, he can see why he loves her, but his love is split, he can’t describe his love for Atlantic or Pacific, he is confused.

“And the rivers leave slivers of pollution in my solution
    Dilution of viscosity, spreading everything from possibly
    Building up”

The river flowing between both of them, both of his loves, cause the loss of Pacific’s love is still there, dilution of viscosity, basically meaning the pollution is causing his love for Atlantic to fade also now, he can’t get over his love for Pacific, therefore the possibility of building on his love for Atlantic is impossible, therefore he starts to let go.

“spilling cups of hydrosphere
    So why be here?”

He’s now spilling water, the water is starting to unfreeze, he can love again naturally, but he doesn’t want Atlantics love because the love with Pacific was free flowing, true love. So why should he marry Atlantic? Its not true love.

“Without chance of entering your fissures and expanding”

Fissures, he can’t enter the gulf of Atlantic, the Mediterranean. And expanding his love for her, being completely surrounded by her love, could also mean moving completely into the Atlantic.

“Cuz, only your water appears clear and hope is still withstanding”

This could mean either Atlantic or Pacific, personally I think he’s talking about both.

Atlantic's water is clear because her love is clear, her intentions are clear. Hope is withstanding because of his doubts, therefore the likelihood that they will get married is fading.

Also, Pacific’s love is clear because it is true love in his eyes, however hope is withstanding because Pacific’s love has gone, he only holds onto that love. Therefore hope of them being together is also withstanding.

Up to you to decide which one you prefer.

He’s now in a place where he has Atlantic in his life, things are serious now, but, he can’t seem to get over Pacific, he can’t let go because its changed him and he’s confused, however he thinks that he should go for true love, his first love.

Verse3:

“Confined in channels, paths braided like your currents”

Channels, 2 currents, Atlantic and Pacific. Braided like your currents, as their currents are connected, therefore possibly they know each other? Possibly. Also a love triangle, as the water represents love.

“While I meander downstream”

Downstream, towards the dead sea, red sea and then Pacific, meander, wandering aimlessly towards Pacifics love, aimlessly because he knows that she doesn’t love him.

“you watch, hold rocks, contemplating
    Dredging for the fledging floodplain in which we sit”

You watch, talking to Pacific but also himself, hold rocks, Pacific’s water is close, contemplating flooding, loving her freely and her loving him again. Dreading the fledging floodplain, we meaning him and Pacific, possibly talking about cheating on Atlantic for Pacific. Fledging because they are working on their love to the point it can fly, above the floodplain.

“Broken dams replaced by weathered hands, I’m frozen by eclipse”

He still loves Pacific, he has no defence, broken dams, his heart/love goes cold because Pacifics love eclipses Atlantics love, however she doesn’t love him, not yet at least, therefore he goes cold, numb.

“Residence time is condensed”

Residence time is condensed, meaning Atlantic I believe, but also Pacific because now both are now frozen, he can’t love again like he use to love Pacific because she doesn’t love him back. Their time in his lands is shortened, his love for both of them is coming to an end quickly.

“As the chambers of the Arctic wrench backwards”

Arctic, frozen water, wench backwards, he lets go of both loves, he is numb now, he doesn’t care for either Atlantic or Pacific because he realises neither is true love.

“Caused by the moons adverse Gravitation,”

The moon again, a cause of the waves and tides, something outside of their relationship, him and Pacific, cause her love to move away, and also as before he lets go of her love, they go their separate ways. He’s finally over her.

“making your warm earth move away from,
    the waves of my beeping life line decayin’ lifetimes”

Talking about his earth, moving away from the waves of pacific, my beeping life line, her love is his heart, decaying lifetimes, it has ruined both his life, her life and also Atlantics.

“Hydrograph finds sublime signs, red sea declines”

Hydrograph, he analyses Pacific’s love, he realises she has no more love for him, red sea declines, what little love she had for him declines due to his new cold nature and the fact he doesn’t care anymore because the love is not the same, she has changed, therefore she moves on, possibly finding a new love.

“Atlantic tides reachin’ highs, evaporate except my eyes
    Salinity rise, what has this taught ya bout my culture?”

Atlantic still loves him, however, evaporate, what love he had for her is gone, except my eyes, possibly meaning only his lust stays. Salinity rise, her salt stays within him, possibly talking again about oceanic pollution. “what has this taught ya about my culture?" He likes pain, he is now addicted to it, and he knows it. The question could be directed towards Atlantic also.

“You’ve filtered through the grains and went for dirt like groundwater”

Both his love for Pacific and Atlantic have gone through him and are now trapped inside him, deep deep inside him, although it is weak, possibly representing a lot of time has passed since. In a way now he is free.

“Never thought her to be so porous, pacific riding sea horses”

Pacific riding sea horses, same kinda analogy he has for the birds, she is sleeping around, not looking for love, he never thought she’d be like that.

“If you drift and find me later, see what pollution causes”

If Pacific ever finds him again later on in life, he will be a changed man, and she can see what pollution, her love, has done to him, could mean anything depending on what kind of a man he turns out to be, but more than likely he means he has no more love for her.

“………..’cause you couldn’t love me only”

Says what it means, all this because Pacific couldn’t love him only.

Whatever the true meaning, its an amazing track,

Hafiz
    Last edited by Hafiz; 09-17-2007 at 01:01 AM.

could somebody upload this song please? neva heard of the song or the album....

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

wow, Hafiz, damn....nice read
    bring back begongo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Johnson View Post
    could somebody upload this song please? neva heard of the song or the album....
    You can download it for free in the media section.

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    wow, Hafiz, damn....nice read
    Thanks.

Thought with a post like that people would give more feedback.

Oh well, STILL an amazing track,

Hafiz

good lord...

Hafiz that was some first post dog....shit...thanks for the humongous contribution..

and WELCOME to the Corp..

Fuckin jesus that was a deadly read dude, thanks for tha... it explained a few lines tha had me a bit confussed!!!

WELCOME!!!!!!!
    Fresh Breath Productions©;
    http://www.soundclick.com/freshbreathproductions
    Send Us An E-Mail If You Like Our Beats An Wanna Buy Any Or Wanna Start A Project!!!
    [email protected]