Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Rugby

England Tonga was really good to watch, that's rugby how I like it with tries, drops penalties ... Tonga was really the good surprise of this world cup.
    F.L.I.N.T.

Im Ballin' As Fuck Bitch King Callabah's Avatar
    The Hide Out, somewhere in the South East

Quote Originally Posted by WU-KILLAH View Post
    England Tonga was really good to watch, that's rugby how I like it with tries, drops penalties ... Tonga was really the good surprise of this world cup.
    yeah i fully agree with this, jus came back from the pub from watchin that match, fuckin excellent game, really enjoyable to watch

japan have also been a brilliant supprise in this world cup, they've been so much betta than peoples predicted

argentina have also been excellent, this world cup has been awsome so far!

(side note, jus cos i can, i used to play rugby for those that aint know! now yano! )

i lack that part of me thats supposed to give a fuck
    im so fuckin ballin' i walk around with L1NK's muma on ma dick muh'fucka

penalty boxed user

REVIEW: South Africa vs USA

South Africa warmed up for their World Cup quarter-final with Fiji by running in nine tries against the United States in an end-to-end Pool A clash in Montpellier.

Deadly winger Bryan Habana and centre Jaque Fourie touched down twice, with Schalk Burger, Francois Steyn, CJ van der Linde, Fourie du Preez and Juan Smith also going over.

Percy Montgomery added six conversions and a penalty in a 15-point personal haul, while Butch James kicked two more conversions, as the slick Springboks rounded off their group campaign with a fourth straight win.

The Eagles, who return home winless and with the group's wooden spoon to boot, managed tries through Takudzwa Ngwenya and Chris Wyles, with Mike Hercus booting a penalty and a conversion.

The Springboks were solid, if not spectacular, in a first half in which they scored just three tries to take a 24-10 lead into the break.

They broke out in the second half and played some scintillating stuff, while coach Jake White also managed to substitute some of his big names with Fiji in mind.

Burger, who played the full 80 minutes, was prominent early on in his first game back after a two-match suspension.

And he went over for the opener when he scooped up delightfully a James offload to burrow over in the right corner.

Montgomery exchanged penalties with Hercus before Todd Clever was sin-binned for the Americans for slowing the ball down in a ruck.

In the flanker's time in the cooler, the Springboks scored just seven points, Steyn's try - following a double side-step past a couple of bewildered defenders - converted by Montgomery.

Habana added a third when he ran onto a Montgomery pass to dive over, but the winger got a taste of his own medicine moments later.

Opposite winger Ngwenya received possession on the left wing after good work by Clever, and turned Habana inside out before outsprinting his opponent down the left flank.

The converted score received warm applause from the Stade de la Mosson crowd, but Habana got his revenge at the start of the second half when he dived over for a replica of his first try.

Van de Linde, who had come on for knee injury victim Brendon Botha in the first half, barged over for the next, but the Americans were not giving up and managed their second through Wyles in the left corner.

The final 25 minutes belonged to the Springboks though, Du Preez and Fourie - the latter finishing off a stunning backs move - going over either side of the hour mark.

Fourie, with his second, and Smith rounded off the try-scoring, with James adding the extras on both occasions in the absence of the substituted Montgomery.
    Habana was forced off midway through the second half after a clash of heads with Ngwenya, but it did not look too serious and he should be okay for next weekend against Fiji.

South Africa's winger Bryan Habana (C) is tackled by USA's hooker Owen Lentz (R) during the Rugby union world cup pool A match South Africa vs USA, in Montpellier, southern France. South Africa won 64-15.

even though we won, i don't think we played a good game too much mistakes
    Last edited by RAMESH; 10-01-2007 at 05:35 AM.

To me, the best match during these pools was by far Fidji vs Wales, I've never been as much excited watching a match as a neutral viewer, I really hope soon we will have more strong nations of rugby so we can have more match like this during the pools.
    F.L.I.N.T.

penalty boxed user

i missed that game but i know we playing fidji next i'll defintly watch that, the way we played yesterday maybe fidji will stand a chance, so far we never really had real compition

Argentina are absolutely flying. They could win this.

Teachin Da SeedZ

I fucking hate England, worse then Collingwood and Carlton combined.

Shittest match to watch, just playing for fucking penalties except for the first 20 minutes. Kiwis will murder the cunts and ill be twice as drunk to enjoy it

Teachin Da SeedZ

Banned

this is why union is a wank sport. just kick penalty goals

league > union all day everyday
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

HISTORIC !!!!! Tonight I got more emotions than when I watch a football match, I don't know what to say, it was unbelievable, France can be incredible sometimes, we're probably the 4th, 5th best nation of rugby but we were the onlyone who could beat the blacks
    Last edited by WU-KILLAH; 10-07-2007 at 01:21 AM.
    F.L.I.N.T.

penalty boxed user

it's amiazing england beat australia, franc beats all blacks & we having a tough time with fiji, they some tough bastards but we going to take them out

The springboks (South Africa) r playin' against Fiji now, c'mon bokke!!!!

penalty boxed user

Boks hold off Fiji fightback7 October 2007 (Posted: 14:10)

South Africa advanced to the semifinals with a 37-20 victory over Fiji on Sunday but had to survive a stirring fightback from the outsiders in the latest instalment of the World Cup's remarkable quarterfinal weekend.
    Blow-by-blow scoring
    South Africa deservedly led 13-3 at halftime after tries for centre Jaque Fourie and captain John Smit but Fiji levelled with two converted tries in two minutes from Vilimoni Delasau and Sireli Bobo, while the islanders were down to 14 men.
    The Springboks edged clear with a Percy Montgomery penalty and, after Fiji had twice gone agonisingly close with some adventurous running, closed it out with a pushover try for flanker Juan Smith. Butch James added a try in the final minute, which Montgomery coverted. South Africa will play the winners of the fourth quarter-final between Argentina and Scotland in Paris later on Sunday

Damn I loved that moment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wqgr4ZyzBno
    Last edited by WU-KILLAH; 10-07-2007 at 11:09 AM.
    F.L.I.N.T.

Fiji's fightback was awesome, then holding south Africa for so long at the end.

So so so so close to winning it as well.. PUT THE BALL DOWN!

Teachin Da SeedZ

penalty boxed user

i watched argentina & scotland play, they didn't play well, i don't think we going to have a problem beating argentina