Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this I hear, Mayweather wants to fight Wright?

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Default What is this I hear, Mayweather wants to fight Wright?

Yo I read this morning that Mayweather wants to fight Winky Wright. Hey I think skill wise, Mayweather is pound for pound the best but you are talking about a natural 130lbs going up to 155lbs to fight. I dont see the logic in this. Wright and those boxers of that weight have a different physic. I love Mayweather but I just dont see it happening. I dont believe that Mayweather has the strength to fight in this weight. Maybe with time he can condition to be come a 155lb fighter. With time I mean maybe 3 years but 6 month... get the fuck out of here. I mean what is next, Mayweather vs. Tarver.

Princerai please drop your thoughts

Prince Rai

Default Re: What is this I hear, Mayweather wants to fight Wright?

lol, mweather v tarver...

but yeh sergio, this def something that i was surprised about... its a bit 2 much weight for mayweather to handle... i mean had mayweather been heavier naturally, then he could beat winky, but for now he shouldnt do that..

i think he wants that fight for the popularity and the money he'd get for such a weird match up..

i think mayweather should really fight hatton.. to properly become welter king etc..
    if he does that, and slowly gains weight properly, then he should jump up a bit more, but not that drastically.. jeeez!!

peace sergio

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Yo I think if he does this it will effect his career. If he goes up to 155lbs and loses then he must come down in weight to continue his career. By doing this floating in weight he will hurt himself. Look at Roy Jones, one of the greatest ever. His career went on a downturn after floating around in weight and caputuring belts in different weight classes. After winning the belt in Heavyweight, I believe it was Ruiz who he beat, then comming down in weight, his legs and reflects were off. Sure his age does not help because he is past his prime but Yo his skill level took a big hit, he is not as responsive as he was. I believe that is a side-effect from floating in and out of different weights. Mayweather, like you said, should fight Hatton, then in a year fight in 147lbs Zab. No Winky! Yo I read the article through google and I freaked out.

Late Princerai

Wu Vatican

hatton, castillo, corralles, zab????.......... winky has way more experience than average fans think and i say winky would beat his ass. it's not a weight issue like it was with rj and ruiz (lol) cause winky has mad skills, too. plus retiring a "legend" like tito will do a lot for his confidence coming into the fight. still an interesting match-up, though.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Yo I just think that fight would be odd. Totally different physics. They are just built different and I believe this fight would be stupid. He should fight hatton

Prince Rai

yeah, i mean this wight shifting thing etc, is a lot 4 da body, and as benzo said, winky is 2 good of a fighter 2 fight anyway.. i mean im not sayn maywetaher has no chance, but if he loses, as serg said, it could affect his career...

he should focus on his weight now, and perfect that and fight other greats as hatton castillo corrales.... and yo, he wont fight zab cos they 2 good as friends to beat each other up...

Prince Rai

personally i think mayweather can beat hatton anyway, hatton is great and i like him, being british myself, bbut, he fought a man kostya, who hasnt fought for a while and was goin down naturally, so mayweather would be the real test for hatton, that should be a great fight 4 sho as well.

Prince Rai

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4706205.stm

thats what i call a wise match up, dammm cnt wait 4 dis shitt

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Mayweather beat Castillo and Corrales but I will still buy the fight because those 2 are great fighter who will fight and give Mayweather a great fight. Hatton is tough, but no body outside the boxing world know him. He has no name.

Prince Rai

hmm i agree, but whatever happens, mayweather v hatton, would elevate either fighter to great heights, even if hatton loses, if he loses in style and dignity, his name wil be bigger internationally nahmean??

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Castiillo Corales 2. Cant wait

Prince Rai

peace serg, dats def word....

gta go take it eazy

Wu Vatican

PRINCERAI- damn, i posted a thread up and then scrolled down to your link. you beat me to the punch! i get all my shit off of www.maxboxing.com. if you're a member like me, you could watch the actual press conference. badASS website. L8

Prince Rai

Quote Originally Posted by benzo
    PRINCERAI- damn, i posted a thread up and then scrolled down to your link. you beat me to the punch! i get all my shit off of www.maxboxing.com. if you're a member like me, you could watch the actual press conference. badASS website. L8
    yo peace benzo, appreciated, ill chek dat site now

Prince Rai

shit dats a mad site... tnx 4 postin dat upp....

ring gals aint bad either