Thread: The Awful Truth

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Default The Awful Truth

Check it out.

http://www.realists.org/realists/tatdl.htm

I just started reading it, it's pretty deep.

supernatrual priests levitating 50 tone monoliths?....it was a good read up until that point
    Bank heist in Kathmandu, it was a slaughter
    The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water

Quote Originally Posted by sidious_katana View Post
    supernatrual priests levitating 50 tone monoliths?....it was a good read up until that point
    To quote the author:

Druid "mythology" holds that ancient priests used supernatural powers to levitate these monoliths and float them to this site.
    Almost as crazy as some the stories in the holy books, wouldn't you agree?

I think your taking this out of context-

The awful truth is: nobody knows the truth.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini View Post

The awful truth is: nobody knows the truth.
    SOMEBODY KNOWS THE TRUTH, IT'S JUST NOT YOU.

I never claimed to know the truth, but if you know the truth, then please explain, I would like to hear your hypothisis.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini View Post
    I never claimed to know the truth, but if you know the truth, then please explain, I would like to hear your hypothisis.
    I didn't say you did claim to know, you did however say "nobody knows the truth." That I disagree with.

Veteran Member

I don't have a hypothesis on levitation. I say it's real, but that's based upon my understanding, and not what's seen in movies (which influences peoples perception of what levitation is).

Quote Originally Posted by Black Man View Post
    I didn't say you did claim to know, you did however say "nobody knows the truth." That I disagree with.
    Nobody, is more of a reference to society as a whole. I do not represent society as a whole. Plus I was refering to the book's message.

But if you want to get that deep, than let me rephrase:

"the majority of the world's population, doesn't know the truth in regards to ancient people"

Quote Originally Posted by Black Man View Post
    I don't have a hypothesis on levitation. I say it's real, but that's based upon my understanding, and not what's seen in movies (which influences peoples perception of what levitation is).
    So what are you contributing to this thread?
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 06-08-2007 at 01:12 PM.

Veteran Member

Nobody, is more of a reference to society as a whole. I do not represent society as a whole. Plus I was refering to the book's message.
    Whatever society you come from, you as an idividual represents the whole of that society. What makes you different from anybody else who shares with you the same society.

I understand what meant, and my response was based upon what you meant and what you actually said. I too, was referring to the book's message.

But if you want to get that deep, than let me rephrase:

"the majority of the world's population, doesn't know the truth in regards to ancient people"
    This is a reason why I said what's below \/ Understanding can not be given, and I can't give you what I know over the computer for to get to the understanding there has to be a bridge between what you know and what you understand. When a teacher teaches his student, they are with them, they travel with them....they're able to take real life moments and make those moments a teachable moment. Levitation is a science in which I can't tell you about in a way that an understanding can be born over the computer.

Originally Posted by Black Man

So what are you contributing to this thread?
    What I contribute to this thread is what I contribute to every thread....myself. That's what I add on...me.

Whatever society you come from, you as an idividual represents the whole of that society. What makes you different from anybody else who shares with you the same society.

I understand what meant, and my response was based upon what you meant and what you actually said. I too, was referring to the book's message.
    So are you saying you represent a different society than me? And if so can you define the moral and social standards of these societies?

If you understand what I meant, then why did you make it your point to say that I didn't know the truth? Are you afraid to admit that you don't know the truth either? What was the ultimate objective of your origninal comment? Why didn't you just say,

SOMBODY KNOWS THE TRUTH

or

SOMBODY KNOWS THE TRUTH, IT'S JUST NOT ME

or

SOMBODY KNOWS THE TRUTH, WE JUST DON'T KNOW WHO

or

SOMBODY KNOWS THE TRUTH, AND THEY'RE NOT TELLING

This is a reason why I said what's below \/ Understanding can not be given, and I can't give you what I know over the computer for to get to the understanding there has to be a bridge between what you know and what you understand. When a teacher teaches his student, they are with them, they travel with them....they're able to take real life moments and make those moments a teachable moment. Levitation is a science in which I can't tell you about in a way that an understanding can be born over the computer.
    I see..........

So are you saying that with your awesome intellect, you cannot discribe with words your understanding on the subject of levitation because you can not muster up the correct vocabulary? Or are you saying that you need to hold my chubby pecker in order to potty train me?

Veteran Member

So are you saying you represent a different society than me? And if so can you define the moral and social standards of these societies?
    Yes and no to the first question. Yes to the second question.

If you understand what I meant, then why did you make it your point to say that I didn't know the truth? Are you afraid to admit that you don't know the truth either? What was the ultimate objective of your origninal comment? Why didn't you just say,
    I didn't just say you don't know the truth. Saying that puts a different twist to the convo.

I actually do know The Truth, but when I don't know something I have no problem saying I don't know.

To you third question, just because you don't know, doesn't mean nobody knows. You're basically saying, from what I gathered, that no one will ever know, and that I disagree with.

SOMBODY KNOWS THE TRUTH

or

SOMBODY KNOWS THE TRUTH, IT'S JUST NOT ME

or

SOMBODY KNOWS THE TRUTH, WE JUST DON'T KNOW WHO

or

SOMBODY KNOWS THE TRUTH, AND THEY'RE NOT TELLING
    ok

Quote:
    I see..........

So are you saying that with your awesome intellect, you cannot discribe with words your understanding on the subject of levitation because you can not muster up the correct vocabulary? Or are you saying that you need to hold my chubby pecker in order to potty train me?
    What I'm saying is, I know the proper space needed for certain things to be understood.

Dude, what's up with the gay shit?

I don't know dude. Maybe it's a totally gnarly metaphor. Your a bright kid; you'll work through it.