Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming Argument

ben makes good points.

so called "sceptics" generally fall back on phenomena such as the Ice Age and other cycles of climate change, but the thing is the rapidity of the climate change we are experiencing now is rare.

Go Al Gore want to be................

Greatness Is Before You As I Am The One; AKA "Ill Gates"

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Al Gore made an ass out of himself by being out of his depth. He is not a scientist and as such should not be going around spouting stuff for which he doesn't have a basic understanding. I once saw a video of him on the internet and in that he shows a diagram. Co2 and temperature are plotted against each other and he claims that the lag in the curves proves global warming. If he had actually had a couple of brain cells he would have seen its actually proving the opposite as Co2 should rise first and then temperatures (afterall thats what this whole debate is about right?). Well this idiot was showing how temperatures have lead to an increase in Co2 emissions.

And its people like him that leave me sceptical on this issue.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

SD did you even watch the video?

Indeed I did.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

so being skeptical should not be an issue.

I'm sceptical about people who aren't sceptical

what do you mean^ by that comment? Skeptical of people not skeptical about taking action.

its all game theory really.

and i think the guys does well in simplifying it. of course there are holes, but i agree that recession is far more attractive than destruction.

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
    I'm sceptical about people who aren't sceptical
    global warming is a fact, Al Gore wasn't the first man on earth talking about this topic, you should start reading

I never said Al Gore was the first person to speak on this. Did I actually say he was? If so please quote that post as I don't remember saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    what do you mean^ by that comment? Skeptical of people not skeptical about taking action.
    But on the point of being sceptical of people who aren't sceptical - the point is that if we take a look at people who have accepted and aren't sceptical then why are they not sceptical? Because from where I am sitting, what people who accept it are saying is that they agree with research - and this research says that we are now in a phase of this problem multiplying. We can't just cut back a little because the damage is happening at a fast rate. So this brings me back to the 'non scepticals' who think that chucking an extra cereal box in the recycling bin etc is all it should take to make them feel better. Fact is that almost everyone is just as guilty as almost everyone isn't living the life that would actually make a change.

So in conclusion they should be sceptical. That video, me, you and everyone else is the same - it does not matter if you say yes its happening and I say no its not. The fact is that either we stop virtually all that we are accustomed to or we have done fuck all to actually do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
    I never said Al Gore was the first person to speak on this. Did I actually say he was? If so please quote that post as I don't remember saying that.

But on the point of being sceptical of people who aren't sceptical - the point is that if we take a look at people who have accepted and aren't sceptical then why are they not sceptical? Because from where I am sitting, what people who accept it are saying is that they agree with research - and this research says that we are now in a phase of this problem multiplying. We can't just cut back a little because the damage is happening at a fast rate. So this brings me back to the 'non scepticals' who think that chucking an extra cereal box in the recycling bin etc is all it should take to make them feel better. Fact is that almost everyone is just as guilty as almost everyone isn't living the life that would actually make a change.

So in conclusion they should be sceptical. That video, me, you and everyone else is the same - it does not matter if you say yes its happening and I say no its not. The fact is that either we stop virtually all that we are accustomed to or we have done fuck all to actually do anything about it.
    I understand...But Coal & Aluminum plants create an abundance more of green house gasses than just the american populace.

I'm not specifically talking about the USA tbh. I think in general terms the US is actually quite far behind the UK and mainland Europe in terms of wider acceptance of this. But as with most Western socities I think in the end this will be an issue that is completely hi jacked by middle class 'do gooders' and in most democries its the middle classes that win politicians elections so its almost given that we may not even in our life times have the chance to see genuine debates on this.

But like I said before, I am very much sceptical about the whole thing (both sides of it, not just pro)

ugh.. fuck.. global warming = bullshit.

the reason why this global warming this is happening is because of the frequency's the sun emmits.. it is the intensity of the frequency that has caused the weather patterns across the world be so wild.. it has FUCK all to do with. whats in side the ozone layer.. its to do with the SUN,. this is another bullshit thing to get u to ur energy into like.. live earth, various charity shit (where the cash dont go where ur told it will)
    for people who cant understand what im saying..
    lets goto the level that says global warming is caused by humans..
    when did we start nuclear tests?
    was their any holes in the ozone before the tests started?
    what chemicals are released when u carry out nuke tests.. and what are the consequences..
    even if everyone in ur street stopped 'wasteing energy' and 'became more green'

their would be NO change.. coz the huge multi national corperations create more 'pollution' ' that causes damage to the ozone layer' than any of us combined over decades..

so stop playing your part.. coz the people who tell u to do so.. are taking u for a ride. while the real people who know whats happening.. do the same..

peace.

what we should do is find a way to make ozone and build factories to release the gases in the air 24/7

also throw some of the ice bergs on mars or the moon

haha
    so it wont be a big flood