top ten-

along with terrordome, fight the power, brenda, dopeman, c.r.e.a.m,
    shadowboxin, step into a world, black cop, and my philosophy

yo silentnoize-

last time i heard ghetto bird by cube i waz thinking the same thing-
    why dont cube make a new video for this joint,
    even out of hiz own pocket if he had to, it would be like slapping mud in
    the face of all theze candyland-ass videoz today-
    I feel like alot of "golden era" hip hop would do very well in today's market cuz so many joints had such a "fresh" feeling to it ( O.C.- "Word Life", Tribe- "Electric Relaxation", etc.). Also, originality was predominant as well as the diversity of lyrical content. Not very many artists or groups sounded the same, unlike today.

85 %ER

"Also, originality was predominant as well as the diversity of lyrical content."

WOW!! I surprised myself with the vocab rant, been listening to too much 94'-97' RZA verses . See, hip hop was educational......what happened?
    Last edited by silentnoise; 06-15-2007 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silentnoise View Post
    "Also, originality was predominant as well as the diversity of lyrical content."

WOW!! I surprised myself with the vocab rant, been listening to too much 94'-97' RZA verses . See, hip hop was educational......what happened?
    ?
    http://www.openentrance.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jay-z-beyonce-0614073.jpg

85 %ER

Quote Originally Posted by SaqurakiHanamichi View Post
    ?
    Don't mind me, I never talk like that so I was suprised I wrote that particular sentence like I did.

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silentnoise View Post
    Peace. Was just listening to this track a while ago, forgot how emotional it was. If Ghost released this track as a new single in today's market, same beat, same flow, still had Mary J. on the chorus, do you still think it would be as popular as it was in 96' as far as radio and video spins ? Thoughts appreciated. One.
    I heard this song playing from a friends cubicle yesterday. I asked her if she was listening to the CD, and she said no, it was on the radio. She listens to a standard local station. Ghostface was getting regular airtime play. I was surprised!

85 %ER

That is suprising, I haven't heard that song on the radio since it was a true single back in 96'. What state do you live in? I'm in South Florida so we don't get any Wu down here, (for obvious reasons).
    Last edited by silentnoise; 06-15-2007 at 08:28 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post
    I heard this song playing from a friends cubicle yesterday. I asked her if she was listening to the CD, and she said no, it was on the radio. She listens to a standard local station. Ghostface was getting regular airtime play. I was surprised!
    WOw, you must live in NY or something.
    I think it would get airtime because, Akon and Bone are gettin mad time for that new joint. Plus Back Like That got alot of spins too. With all this collaboration nowadays it would fit right in.

The song would flop hard today. If it was a corny fab/ja type song it would have a better chance. This song is too deep for this new generation. They want the dance music.

Atleast they used to

It would flop why?

Beat sounds like it has a sample & samples r too confusin 4 these snappers
    Snares R All Wrong
    Kicks R All Wrong
    The hi hats r too quiet & dont do the snap sound
    No South Synths
    No Stupid South Country Slang
    His Name Has No Lil or Young/Yung or Pimp on it
    He Raps too Fast to sing along to sounds impossible but these newschoolers cant sing along to wu-tang songs even tho they rap fuckin slow