Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why Doesn't Tical 2000 Appeal to anyone???

personal classic, in my top 10 of hip-hop albums

I like T2000 more than Tical, dunno why And I dont care about the skits, just dont listen to them, let them play but not gonna listen. Theyre not so long u know...Just the Chris rock skit is a skit I have to skip

But you really dont care about my opinion, cuz I think that T-0 is good too Not all the tracks, but there are many tracks that I like

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

I read some thread saying t-2 was overrated. lol i laughed at that clown who made that thread.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Tical2000 is really good...IMO, u can never go wrong with Meth, he's just that good (ok, some T-0 tracks were garbage)

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    What is so bad about this Album? Why does it get bad ratings from Wu-Fans? Like wtf??? If all you're gonna say is skits then fuck off. The Lyrics are on point. Beats are WU (4th, True, Rza, Math). Streetlife is on point. So wtf is wrong with this album?
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post
    lil' wayne sucks

tical 2000 sucks

your theory is a little off

HD no disrespect but just because a few opinions on this board and some dumb ass (IMO) article was posted doesn't mean fans disslike this album. I Bump that shit everyday...those who shit on this album are--->SUSPECT CHIN NI66AS, NO WIN NI66AS, SEND NI66AS BACK TO GO, TRY AGAIN NI66AS...
    Last edited by MASTER PAI MEI; 06-16-2007 at 04:03 PM.

to clarify

i don't hate T2000

however

this was easily the album that i was most anticipating from the wu-tang clan. back when they first came out i was the HUGEST method man fan. i used to bump M.E.T.H.O.D. MAN all the type, nonstop, rewind and play over and over. when Tical came out i was flippin' cause it was so dope i played that shit every day over and over.

so here i am, 5 years later, waiting and waiting and waiting for Tical 2000. i wanted another Tical. it finally drops and i was disappointed. Tical was 13 tracks raw and uncut. just seeing that this album had like 29 tracks, about 15 being skits i was already skeptical (haha, skeptical got the word TICAL in it), and after hearing it i was only semi impressed. bitch joints didn't have Mary J, and some tracks just didn't have that method man raw style and sound to it. yeah the album got joints, Big Dogs, Dangerous Ground, Shaolin What (how you gonna call a verse over a beat a SKIT), Torture, Spazzola, but it was not an album i could listen to straight through like Tical and it certainly didn't have that gutter sound i wanted, so that is why i was disappointed by that release. i tend to judge artists by their last album, if your album ain't better than your last then i'd rather just listen to your last album. make sense?

Veteran Member

Nothing, one of my fav.
    Wu-tang is one thing that made my life more interresting lol. RZA inspires me. And to all of you people living with negativity inside yourselves...remember that if God is for us, who can be against us?

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

@ bigben

too many skits...too much over ratism.

Quote Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
    I liked T2000, but it doesnt make it into my Top 10 Wu Solo's.
    I guess thats the best reason. A few might say its overrated....of course it is the highest selling solo album by any clan member. Other than that it gets seldom mentioned here these days. That combination plus the few people that truly hate it...it could be seen as unappealing.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

^^^^Is it the highest selling? I thought Tical was(When it comes to solo shit).
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Supreme Black Dust supream killah prophet's Avatar

it's meths best album if you ask me. 4:21 has also nice just take out a few stupid tracks.

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

I don't dislike it, but I did feel it was a bit of a mess. Obviouslly everyone knows it could do with skits removing, but on top of that something just didn't seem right to me. I think in some ways it had the opposite problem to Tical - it was a bit over produced. If the beats on tical were sometimes a bit overly simple (even RZA admitted it) then some of Tical 2000 seemed overdone (Judgement Day is a perfect example).

Still, I haven't listened to it in a while, so I'm gonna go back and give it another go.

FRESH FISH

classic for me.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    What is so bad about this Album? Why does it get bad ratings from Wu-Fans? Like wtf??? If all you're gonna say is skits then fuck off. The Lyrics are on point. Beats are WU (4th, True, Rza, Math). Streetlife is on point. So wtf is wrong with this album?
    man i fell in love wit Tical 2000 that i'm comin back to bein pissed for not
    havin it yet lol.