View Poll Results: how many stars do you give this album?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • ***** -> Classic

7 31.82%
  • **** -> Very nice

11 50.00%
  • *** -> Decent

3 13.64%
  • ** -> Nothing Special

1 4.55%
  • * -> Fuck you nobody better rate this 1/5 or ill find you

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canibus - For Whom The Beat Tolls

^ Nigga just STFU

wack ass nigga

Canibus said... If Hip-Hop was dead I came hear to save it

Pages upon pages, I've created
    the bar was below basic I HAD TO RAISE IT

Quote Originally Posted by eight-bizza-gee View Post
    aight newbie,

just cuz you're on Bis' dick doesn't give you the right to think you're on his level. Smif N Wessun once said "Wipe Ya Mouf" to dick riders.

i'm gonna attempt to clarify a little better, since you didn't read carefully the last time.

I never said that the 2 versions of Infinity were confusing. I sat through them at least 3 times each, AND I listened to the 1000 bar version about 5 times. I just thought that the choppiness of the final versions killed the tracks. that's not all I CAN say, that's just all that I said. I happen to own just about every Bis album, so don't assume i'm hating because i'm just stating my opinion.

the 1000 bar version that I have is 49 minutes and change not 55 (remember I said I had the BOOTLEG before the album dropped and my version was mixed really really REALLY badly. the beat cut out a few times and so did parts of the verses, obviously unintentionally. reading is fundamental.)

also, I happened to say that I enjoyed a few of the collabs on the album. Sun God spit the best verse i'd ever heard from him in my opinion. but i guess that isn't important.

lastly, there are more rappers (Kanye West, 50 Cent, etc.) that have big egos than hip hop artists (KRS One, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Aesop Rock, etc.) one could debate that it is the opposite, and in the end it's really all opinions. it's just like this situation, but you have to learn to read carefully. innovation is one thing, but the only reason another artist probably won't try to top Infinity, is because they haven't released 3000 minute CD-R's yet. besides that, not enough people would want to listen to a 300000000000000000000000 bar verse (don't bother calculating, cuz i know it's not really that many bars, genius.)

and by the way, i've done a long song with no chorus before. it's actually easier than structurizing verse/chorus songs if there's no real topic. i may not have used big words or scientific terms or any of that, but the song was made. anything is easy if you don't have a real deadline or you don't ever sleep.

your boy Bis is not saving hip hop. there's nothing wrong with hip hop. commercial rap is the real issue. try saving that, or help destroy it. either way.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm.................i'm on bis's dick cause I think he creates great music? do you even know what you talk of, when you step to me, talk like a man. You talk about Canibus and other MC's having ego's, the only ego I’ve seen which is backed up by nothing is yours, you talk like a real talking walking caricature, Ha. Ha. Pathetic. Respect and dick riding are 2 different things, respect has a reason, it is shown when earned, dick ridin’ is backed up with nothing.

So lesson 1. When you talk to Hafiz, don't be a dickhead.

This is a very important lesson to learn, now you know mr. "eight-bizza-gee", your posts mean nothing to me. I did read your post, and your reply has further cemented the truth into my mind, keep digging. Ha. Ha.

I like this part of your post, its really rather most amusing when you talk like this:

innovation is one thing, but the only reason another artist probably won't try to top Infinity, is because they haven't released 3000 minute CD-R's yet. besides that, not enough people would want to listen to a 300000000000000000000000 bar verse (don't bother calculating, cuz i know it's not really that many bars, genius.)

and by the way, i've done a long song with no chorus before. it's actually easier than structurizing verse/chorus songs if there's no real topic. i may not have used big words or scientific terms or any of that, but the song was made. anything is easy if you don't have a real deadline or you don't ever sleep.
    Ha. Ha.

You dared to compare yourself to the RIPPER? Did you know that there are 2 million MC's on Myspace, your just a have a go MC, fall back son and never compare yourself to the ripper.

"use big words"??? Top Infinity???? no real topic??

firstly, bis doesn't "use big words", if you read MY last post, I said he has created a new style of rhyming which combines POETRY and HIPHOP, this involves HIDING the true meaning of the rhymes in POETRY, so there IS a message in PL OO, there are many many messages, so there alone, you don't understand what the fuck it is and your opening your mouth and giving an opinion???

You also failed to understanding of infinity and the time structure of this work, it is a new style of rhyming because all the bars are interlinked, this isn't a track that starts and ends, in essence, there is no beginning and there is no end, every bar is connected, with each combination a different message is given. You don't even understand it yet you cast judgement, WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?

I don't have an ego, your the one coming here talking as if your opinion matters, but you can't even understand that their is a message, forget about what it is.

You diss the fact I have a few posts? this is my first post on this website:

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...78&postcount=7

Understand what poetry hiphop IS, thats probably more knowlege you've dropped with all your 166 posts, 166 of asshole opinions, well done, you have an opinion, i'll do a one handed man's clap for ya.

You compared Bis to hiphop alone? why not compare him to Mozart? or Ferdowsi? But you wouldn't even get why.....how bout we compare him to Mohammad??

THIS IS THE GREATEST RHYME OF ALL TIME......but apparently that was the Quran, no?

This is what bis is attempting:

Let us look at Noble Verse 2:23 "And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If there are any) besides God, if your (doubts) are true."

Let us look at Noble Verse 17:88 "Say: 'If the whole of mankind and Jinns were to gather together to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they backed up each other with help and support.'"

This is known as GOD's Challenge.

Bars from PLOO:

Inspired by God, inspired by the suffering,
    Was it done by a prophet? It must of been, who was it then,
    Rip the Jacker,

Every clergy member from Mecca who heard of me worshipped me, 30

Judge me fairly, compare me,
    To Dante Alighieri's Purgatorio theory,

This is ONE of the many things that PLOO is doing all at once, PLOO isn't something that is released today and understood all in one day, you can't compare bis to 50, its not that easy, bis is attempting something the great poets did, elevating hiphop. Elevating hiphop is not going and standing in clubs with a mad look on ya face posin’ with any random white girl to show you're “CRAZY”.

I'm not on bis's dick because I respect the man, pick up a copy of Shahnameh, some of the great Hafez’s work maybe? Or am I on their dicks too? See what poetry is really about, then understand what PLOO is about.

Okay, enough at ridiculing your existence, that’s too easy, lets move on, from the same track you was talking about, the one feat. Sun and priest.

LIQUID WORDZ, reminds me of Liquid SWORDZ, no?

out take of bis's bars:

"Too deep to say peace to, I pray about peace for you
    Very soon 'The Goetia' will eat you
    The Keys of Solomon will open the doors to that bottomless prison
    And let Leviathan's army in
    'Liquid Wordz' spit superb"

sun's own verse:

"That's why Canibus handed me the scrolls for Infinity
    What he actually gave me a moment of clarity
    It's complex simplicity, self contradictory
    Philosophers speak about the God of man mystery
    'Cause we've been fooled by religion and history
    'Cause the path to eternity starts internally
    According to the sundown, the time is at hand
    For me to reveal the man exactly who I am
    I am the apostles who writing the Bible in Ebonics
    I'm Elijah Mohammad who sell chronic
    Martin Luther with a German Luger
    I'm Malcolm X on your project steps busting a tech
    Gandhi with an M-P-C who MC mad nice
    I'm Christ in a cipher shooting dice"

Priest:

"Somewhere in a giant stone cave
    Where the entrance is big enough to accommodate a pterodactyl in flight
    Priest sit in the tabernacle and write
    While jackal fight over the poisoned emperor's body
    Priest and Canibus enjoy their memorable armies"

ARMY???

Who do YOU think bis and priest are talking about?? on a track called Liquid WORDZ??

from PLOO:

"I kneeled before Congress and begged for money,
    Submitting specifics about the operation I'm running,
    You gotta love it, what was it called? The G8 Summit,
    "Never heard of it", no details are public,"

Who is the g8? Do you know? I don't know....Ha. Ha.

This within what PLOO is what PLOO is about, what i'm doing right now, self mechanism which causes a snowball effect, but that’s only impressive to the expert, you stay simple for now.

Go and read up, find out why bis is quoting H.P Lovecraft, find out what the HRSMN are about, go listen to killah priest's album, who also came out with a poetry style of hiphop album this year.

I'm not going to sit here and link everything for you, because you won't appreciate nothing, even if its broken down in front of your face, even if it was pure hiphop to its core, you won't understand it.

Your ignorance has been noted, next time you give your opinion on something, first understand what it is, figure out who's involved, what its about. Its like saying the great pyramid of the Giza is a decent structure just by looking on the outside of it, or saying that the sun's a bit hot, until you experience it and understand, you can't judge nothing.

Fall back son, just because your brain can't comprehend such information, do not dare talk down to me, that’s what EGO is, your ego is telling you right now "I KNOW WHAT REAL HIPHOP IS, I KNOW EVERYTHING, I’M BETTER THAN CANIBUS, I KNOW IT", but your mind is saying "WHAT THE FUCK??? I DONT GET IT". That’s why compared to Hafiz, you are very very basic and I will always get the last laugh.

Ha. Ha.

http://www.canibus-central.com/site/..._mixing_board/

That’s the link, go listen again and actually think, don’t listen and cast judgement before you have even begun to understand what is going on. This is Layered Music, find out what the means.

“Rap Music and those who listen to it don't owe me nothing, I don't want nothing from you, not even your judgement,”

Hafiz

all you proved in that long post is that you're a Canibus Stan. whatever though. i said what i needed to say.

the debut album: Better 8 Than Never NOW AVAILABLE!!!

coming soon to Newbury Comics!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/8bzagnojusticenopeace
    http://www.myspace.com/8bzabeatspage

all you proved in that long post is that you're a Canibus Stan. whatever though. i said what i needed to say.
    Are you The catcher in the rye? Ha. Ha.

You claim i didn't read your post, but obviously you are the one who suffers literacy problems, READ son, READ.

Now run back to an under 16's club and brag about how your an MC and beg that you are hiphop, maybe you can fool another underaged drunk ugly white gal that don't give a fuck what ya skinny ass has to say.

You don't understand respect cause no body shows you respect, grow up kid and realise what hiphop appriciation is and don't jus judge people you don't know, WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?? Ha. Ha.

You might get away wit it on the internet, but i see ya pic, you'd lower ya tone if Hafiz was in ya face, thats how i know you fake bitch. Ha. Ha. Boo. now run along.

Hafiz

i gotta defend my boy eightbizza here by saying that as someone who thinks canibus has come way before his time and is dropping knowledge that people 20 years from now still will not understand, the record is wack. rip the jacker was fly, this record sucks. poet laureate infinity (that OO shit is fucking stupid) is an incredible creation but it has no replay value and it just furthers the argument that canibus is way too intelligent for anyone but it's one thing to make music that people can consider "holier than thou" and it's another thing to make music that people can listen to over and over. that album sucks and you can't listen to it over and over, unlike rip the jacker and mic club
    "We accept tires" - Cappadonna

good lookin out dubbz. glad someone sees things clearly.

this is the last thing that i'm gonna say to you, Hafiz.

you came at me on some disrespectful shit from the jump, because i didn't give your boy Bis' "Greatest Rhyme of All Time" or "PLOO?" as you call it, the props that YOU think it deserves. big fucking deal. if i hurt your feelings, too bad. there are most likely a handful of other people on here besides me and Dubbz that feel the same about this coaster of a record. the only thing that i'm guilty of is trying to reason with your stubborn ass on an online forum. you, on the other hand, are at fault for taking me out of context in the first place. i just said what i needed to say. i was actually hyped about that album before i got my hands on it, but after the few times i listened to it, i knew that Bis could have done a way better job. he needs to go back and put 2000 B.C. on repeat for a week, and realize how great that he USED TO be.

go to the post about "hip hop lines that make you go oh shit" and you'll see that at least two posts of mine are lines from Bis (one of them being his whole verse from Horsementality, because that is one of my favorite tracks to this day.)

I own just about every single Canibus album there is. I just got tired of his binary code raps. I prefer Wu-Tang and BCC, because they at least don't rhyme about the same shit for every single track on their albums.

now, you wanna play some crab shit and call me out on my looks. i'd have jokes about your face too, but you don't have a pic posted. your opinion is shit to me. plus, if you said half of what you said on here to me in person, i'd just laugh it off and move on to the next discussion. i'm the most laid back person you'll ever meet, but i will call someone out when they sound like a retard (i.e. you.)

until you can say you know me, you got no grounds to call me fake. your actions give me reason to believe that you're a chump in your parents' basement, but again, i don't know you either.

now, take whatever non-witty rebuttle you have and swallow it, because you'd just be wasting more time than i did writing this.

peace
    Last edited by Maxxx Millisecondz; 09-28-2007 at 02:18 PM.

the debut album: Better 8 Than Never NOW AVAILABLE!!!

coming soon to Newbury Comics!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/8bzagnojusticenopeace
    http://www.myspace.com/8bzabeatspage

you came at me on some disrespectful shit from the jump, because i didn't give your boy Bis' "Greatest Rhyme of All Time" or "PLOO?" as you call it, the props that YOU think it deserves. big fucking deal. if i hurt your feelings, too bad. there are most likely a handful of other people on here besides me and Dubbz that feel the same about this coaster of a record. the only thing that i'm guilty of is trying to reason with your stubborn ass on an online forum. you, on the other hand, are at fault for taking me out of context in the first place. i just said what i needed to say. i was actually hyped about that album before i got my hands on it, but after the few times i listened to it, i knew that Bis could have done a way better job. he needs to go back and put 2000 B.C. on repeat for a week, and realize how great that he USED TO be.

go to the post about "hip hop lines that make you go oh shit" and you'll see that at least two posts of mine are lines from Bis (one of them being his whole verse from Horsementality, because that is one of my favorite tracks to this day.)

I own just about every single Canibus album there is. I just got tired of his binary code raps. I prefer Wu-Tang and BCC, because they at least don't rhyme about the same shit for every single track on their albums.

now, you wanna play some crab shit and call me out on my looks. i'd have jokes about your face too, but you don't have a pic posted. your opinion is shit to me. plus, if you said half of what you said on here to me in person, i'd just laugh it off and move on to the next discussion. i'm the most laid back person you'll ever meet, but i will call someone out when they sound like a retard (i.e. you.)

until you can say you know me, you got no grounds to call me fake. your actions give me reason to believe that you're a chump in your parents' basement, but again, i don't know you either.

now, take whatever non-witty rebuttle you have and swallow it, because you'd just be wasting more time than i did writing this.

peace
    now THAT'S what i call a second round knockout

oh yeah before ya'll make some really hilarious gay joke cause we got each other's backs on this let me spit it for you in a much more clever way than you would have ever thought of --

TAG TEAM BACK AGAIN, CHECK IT DIRECT IT LET'S BEGIN!!!!!

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

this album is pretty dope, I even think this is the best Canibus album....
    bring back begongo!!

until you can say you know me, you got no grounds to call me fake. your actions give me reason to believe that you're a chump in your parents' basement, but again, I don't know you either.

now, take whatever non-witty rebuttle you have and swallow it, because you'd just be wasting more time than I did writing this.

peace
    Ha. Ha. Learn how to spell REBUTTAL, because your spelling of the word is about as weak as your one was.

I'm actually very disappointed in you, I give you a simple lyrical breakdown and start talking about rhymes, I talk about hip-hop, and all you can say is "Stan" because you can't talk about the music, the topic at hand. To me this is a sign of weakness, you can't debate about rhymes, so you revert to name calling, well, a few simple disses about your physical attributes, and look what we have, an emotional outpouring. I did this intentionally, just to show how much shit you chat. I find it rather touching that you are so defensive about your image.

I don't have to post pictures of myself or give you personal information, I know who I am and no matter what is said, I can't let go of that, therefore I’d never get as defensive as you do, Ha. Ha. Pathetic.

There is nothing I need to say about the rhymes to you, you have the brain of a 12 yr old Britney wannabe, but a hip-hop version, if you understood poetry and hip-hop and everything to do with music, you would understand an artist can never "fall off", not a true artist, they merely chase something that you do not find interesting, but there is a reason for it. Van Gogh wasn't appreciated until he died, he died poor, unloved, in death he was seen as a genius, so judge all you like, if you don't understand what the hell the music is about, your opinion is the same as Oprah talking about hip-hop. WORTHLESS.

Ha. Ha. also about the comment about every album being the same, listen to the albums and you'd realise what is going on.

What I think is the cutest thing is that you have a "tag team" member, who chat's as much shit as you. I think I’ll add this for him.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post
    I gotta defend my boy eightbizza here by saying that as someone who thinks canibus has come way before his time and is dropping knowledge that people 20 years from now still will not understand, the record is wack. rip the jacker was fly, this record sucks. poet laureate infinity (that OO shit is fucking stupid) is an incredible creation but it has no replay value and it just furthers the argument that canibus is way too intelligent for anyone but it's one thing to make music that people can consider "holier than thou" and it's another thing to make music that people can listen to over and over. that album sucks and you can't listen to it over and over, unlike rip the jacker and mic club
    OKAY!

This is quite amusing.

FIRSTLY, let me ask you this, IF there was a movement in hip-hop RIGHT NOW, would you know???? IF there were key members within hip-hop making moves to save hip-hop, would you know???? Even if they were making it as clear as day, yet, would you suspect a thing?

What I find funny is this:

"poet laureate infinity (that OO shit is fucking stupid) is an incredible creation but it has no replay value and it just furthers the argument that canibus is way too intelligent for anyone but it's one thing to make music that people can consider "holier than thou" and it's another thing to make music that people can listen to over and over. that album sucks and you can't listen to it over and over, unlike rip the jacker and mic club"

PLOO(the PLOO is the way it is typed, even by Canibus himself, if you feel like its stupid, email the man, Canibus is humble, he'll reply.)

"Canibus is way too intelligent for anyone"

I doubt this is true, the poetry is pretty simple, it’s only if you choose to accept what information they give, or if you wish to ignore the obvious.

I don't consider bis's music "holier than thou" as you creatively put it, but I see him as a poet, just as I would see many poets who incorporate god into their work. If you accept Islam, then you believe the quaran was written by god, but if you don't, it was written by a highly advanced poet, and the section in the quaran offering the challenge is only a challenge from one poet to another. This isn't the first time bis has used religion as inspiration, the same album you mentioned, RTJ, has 2 tracks on it, genabis(genesis) and levitibus(Leviticus) and also on bisVrip talks about the exobus (exodus) scripts as he does on genabis in the chorus (genabis, exobus, levitibus, there isn't a mic on this planet i'm restricted to touch). These are all chapters in the bible, the old testament.

The RTJ album and Mic club album you talk about is filled with clues about PLOO's creation, bis created PLOO back in 2003, he's been waiting to drop it, for what though?

Listen to Genabis. what is bis talking about? on Poet Laureate 2, bis mentions "the greatest rhyme of all time". on M-Sea-Cresy(MC SECRECY), "what are we all to do when rap music is gone? I hope god that the imagination of one, a golden tongue can achieve synchronicity with the sun, transcended beyond the flesh and the blood".

I'll show you something about RTJ album, from poet laureate 2:

"He was the illest alive but nobody would face it
    he spit till his tongue was too torched to taste, it
    properly funded corporations carbon-dated his latest creations
    to extract the information
    They found it utterly amazing
    they claimed the body of his work was the same thing as a priceless painting
    Never mattered to him, the art galleries hated him
    cause Thomas Kinkade called, said he would take 10
    COMPLETE ENIGMAS wrapped in puzzles encrypted in language
    with sound but without shape or signature"

In poetry terms, he's talking of Babygrande and the RTJ album. 10 complete enigmas would be the 10 tracks on the RTJ album. You've listened, you claim it’s a good album, did you break down each enigma? did you understand the album in every detail and understand what the narrator was trying to say?

Ha. Ha. I doubt it.

Priest on canibus's album talks about an army, on his own album on salvation talks about being the "general", talks about the "brotherhood" which is talked about on PLOO. Nas who is also mentioned twice in PLOO, on the next track talks about being a follower to a general. Is it really a coincidence that Nas comes out with hiphop is dead, KRS with hiphop lives? Immortal technique talks about the world ending in a similar fashion canibus has been talking about on PLOO on priests album, "pivot the planet", i.e pole shift. Not the first time, bis and tech have quoted each other on tracks before. Canibus on the same album talks about 2012, but also about beef, as he does on PLOO.

Basic links to nas on PLOO:

"I heard Hip Hop was dead, that's not fair,
    Who I talk to?, "Go he there" Nasir,"

"I said "Nobody benefits, Everyone perishes"
    I tell them this, They say, "Here, it's time for your medicine",
    Imagine being fined over a rhyme? For stepping over the line?
    When I inspired Hova and Nas,"

PLOO is the future, the plan, what is to come, yea, currently you may see it as something with no replay value, but what happens when the movement really starts? wouldn't you want to go back and find out what the hells going on? each player within this game, what they are doing to help this movement?

Yea, I may seem crazy now, but lets wait and see what happens, but PLOO isn't dying any time soon, with new blends being created on a daily basis and official album out soon also.

Here's an outtake of priests journal on hiphopgame.com

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=kpjournal

"Speaking of that, I was just out here with Canibus and we had a long conversation with GZA. I also got to chill with Flavor Flav and we went to a house party with GZA. We went to the Sky Bar and then we went to this house party. Anyway, Canibus gave me the track he wants me on. He’s still spitting. I don’t know what to call him. He’s a deity when it comes to spitting. He’s incredible. He already gave me the track. You know how ‘Bis goes in. He just blacks out."

PLOO is the relevant movement, bringing together everything there is to create a new style of rhyming, ask yourself, could this possibly be true? you talk about RTJ album, here's an outake from that:

"This game is Chinese chess, countless issues need to be addressed
    Before the East nukes the West; totalitarianistic cause-'n-effect
    "Run the words through a decompressor, recompress the depth""

and on the next verse:

"Until I'm impressed with the print I can hear a pin drop like Sprint
    Once it BLENDS I can stop right then
    Quantum coupling mechanisms and technical shit
    Confuses you but I don't think your any less of a dick
    Just define what is POETRY and what is RAP
    I demonstrate how to effectively "Bridge the Gap"
    The answer is simple in fact:
    If the protons don't attack the retina, all we'd ever see is black"

Until you take steps to give the words meaning and you can understand what the basic poetry is telling you, you can not judge the body of the work canibus creates. Canibus is an artist, therefore he doesn't create music which is wanted, but music which is needed, to fulfill his desire to be an artist and beyond that, to save the music itself.

Find out what the hell the title of the album means, it was taken from a poem which actually means something, which is linked back to the track No Return on RTJ, noticed the bell at the end of that track? how about the chorus, do you even know what it says? how it links to the other tracks on the RTJ album, especially genabis, levitibus and M-Sea-Crsey, the tracks just before. There is truly too many links for me to show you, this isn't me being "stan" or a dickrider, I appreciate great poetry, great works of art, great hiphop, masterful hiphop, this is it. If you fail to see and appreciate the work, why it was created, how, and where the artist is going with it, there is no way on earth you can judge the work. Or should I say, you can, but your opinion truly means nothing, just like Oprah's opinion of hiphop.

Break some lyrics down, understand what the hell is going on in the FWTBT's album, you will see not only does it connect to PLOO, but connects to 2000BC, Can-I-Bus, even C true hollywood stories, every single album, the album is far beyond the words alone, its a new style of rhyming which has never been attempted before, if you can't understand what it is, there is no way in HELL you can judge it. Ha. Ha.

That’s why bis calls these albums "proof", not just proof that he does it intentionally, but proof as in the manuscript to the plan, the grand plan.

I'm done typin', just so you know Mr."eight-bizza-gee", typing isn't a thing, this didn't take me but a quick minute, and if I wanted to I could keep dissin ya, your nothing but a belligerent fool, but i'm here to talk about the topic, if you want to talk about the album, the rhymes, keep it there, because you have a lack of knowledge about the rhymes or hiphop or how to break down rhymes, don't chat shit to me by calling me "stan". I showed you how I broke down Bronze Nazareth's track also, does that make me his stan too? Don't get it wrong, I know a lot about PLOO only because I appreciate only masterful, unique and advanced hiphop from the people who strive to keep this ARTform alive, bis is in that category, i'm sorry if that bothers you.

Hafiz
    Last edited by Hafiz; 10-01-2007 at 07:05 AM.

wow it's the davey d of canibus.

aight G i actually read your entire essay and yet i didn't see much of anything new. i'm glad that you have enough time in your existence to break down the lyrics of someone you have never met.

first of all my "holier than thou" comment had nothing to do with religion. as someone who seems to be as intelligent as you i kinda figured you would understand that the phrase simply refers to someone who thinks their shit is better than everyone else's.

now that line about tag team was a reference, if you ain't catch that you need to press rewind (yet another reference within a reference, can you reference that?)

i have thoroughly listened to the rip the jacker album. in fact i hated on canibus until i heard rip the jacker and then i had to go back and listen to mic club and realized what i missed. i'll still say all his other albums suck but whatever, an opinion is just that - an opinion.

now personally as far as a movement goes, bad boy had a movement, death row had a movement, cold chillin had a movement, even the bullshit ass south had a movement. canibus ain't starting no movement on his own. he might be trying but in order for it to flourish it has to go somewhere and gain some ground and support, none of which he is getting.

yes he is too intelligent for 90% of the population. in fact i made a comment a little while back about how canibus should just straight up kill himself, why you might ask. well think of this scenario - canibus slices himself and dies, leaving blood dripping on pages of his work. while investigating the scene police discover the pages of his work and start to read them, realizing that this man is complete fucking genius. that work of his gets published and it begins the movement that you are talking about of him becoming known as the greatest author of all time.

i won't deny that dude is a genius, thing is that just because the dude can write shit that stephen hawking can't even understand doesnt mean that his music is listenable. i'm all for learning shit while listening to rap (i grew up on bdp) however i still wanna enjoy what i'm hearing and that new record of his is wack on the ears. yes it may be lyrically tight but if i can't stand the sound then it's being turned off. 2Pac is an incredible writer but his music sucks and aside from 2Pacalypse Now i really can't listen to most of his shit cause it's wack. His poetry is nice but that's where it ends, his music and his flow and his delivery is completely wack.

now you talked a lot of shit about both me and bizza and i'll tell you a fact that both of us got more hip hop knowledge in our heads than 95% of so called "hip hop heads". we know our shit, trust me on that. the references that are dropped in conversations we have are so obscure that sometimes i won't even realize dude referenced something until it hits me the next day, meaning that there is so much hip hop knowledge in my brain that i gotta sort through it all to find little bits of shit that get lost in the massive catalogue.

the real problem here is that we can't unite and politic together. hip hop has been about promoting peace for a long time now (unforunately mainstream rap has skewed that idea 180 but fuck them). instead of fighting we should bring our ideas together and politic. some of the best conversations i have with people are about hip hop and the absolute best ones are with people who don't agree with me. i met this kid once at a party who i found out was heavy into hip hop so we started speaking. turns out this dude was a straight up el-p dickrider. if it was on def jux he jerked off to it. now me personally, i used to feel that shit but i kinda got tired of it. saying the most twisted shit you can think of just to confuse people into thinking you are smart is not really my type of hip hop but i figured i'd still talk to this dude cause he seemed to know his shit. turned out he didn't ("i've been listening to rap all the way back since midnight mauraders".....yeah...that ain't shit). i crushed the kid and made him feel like shit but it was a great conversation because it was all about hip hop and eventually we disagreed completely but for a while we were having a good talk (btw never tell me jay-z sucks because when i'm done with you there will be nothing for you to say other than "you're right").

i love this board because it gives me the opportunity to read other people's thoughts on hip hop and that is what i don't get enough of in my life. other than bizza i know like 2 other people who i can talk hip hop with and one of the them is so opposed to mainstream rap he won't even try to write something satirical of mainstream rap. i love the debate and i applaud your efforts in your nice little post there but until dude sells more than 2,000 records (check the babygrande page) there will be no "movement" involving canibus. you need an army, not 2,000 backpackin' college kids

Hafiz ripped eight-bizza-gheey a new one

Unlucky Specialist elantratuner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hafiz View Post
    Are you The catcher in the rye? Ha. Ha.

You claim i didn't read your post, but obviously you are the one who suffers literacy problems, READ son, READ.

Now run back to an under 16's club and brag about how your an MC and beg that you are hiphop, maybe you can fool another underaged drunk ugly white gal that don't give a fuck what ya skinny ass has to say.

You don't understand respect cause no body shows you respect, grow up kid and realise what hiphop appriciation is and don't jus judge people you don't know, WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?? Ha. Ha.

You might get away wit it on the internet, but i see ya pic, you'd lower ya tone if Hafiz was in ya face, thats how i know you fake bitch. Ha. Ha. Boo. now run along.

Hafiz
    WTF STFU Newbie..pfftttt who the hell is you, just comin in to the Wu forum to stirr up shit.....act like your canibus's bitch or sumthin....if you like him so much just enjoy his music & dont be all hard when a fellow Canibus *FAN*....has some consructive critisicm.
    ♣†ΡЯΩΤΩLΩG¥†♣©™

Used to be a general, just lost your spot - Inspectah Deck

Go Habs Go!

Canibus is the man

this was a dope ass album