Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which do u belive in Arabic Islam or the Nation Of Islam?

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

Default Which do u belive in Arabic Islam or the Nation Of Islam?

im interested in this, becouse i know many black people and rappers worldwide belive in Elijah Muhammad's Islam. express your believs..
    im and Atheist so I'll be quiet...
    I C.R.E.A.M

Veteran Member

I'm an agnostic Buddhist who borrows from both as I find useful for improving my life. I ignore the more disturbing/fucked up parts of Nation Of Islam teachings and I don't believe Arabian Islam to be literally true, beyond the fact I believe Muhammad had an encounter with Direct Reality.

Veteran Member

And since I can see this turning into a religious argument we've already had here a dozen times, I am telling y'all 5%ers and Sunnis that I'm not arguing with either of you about my position. I'll explain it further but that's it.

Veteran Member

Those are not the only forms of "islam". I do not ascribe to any of them. But, I believe in all the holy books to come from God. I believe in doing good and take the Quran as revelation from God that has not been tampered with. At the same time though, I get knowledge from where ever to benefit me.

I believe in Islam, as it was first revealed. Without the sectarianism and inevitable bullshit that it brings. I'm Muslim. Period. Not Sunni, not Shia, not Nation of Islam, not Sufi, not 5%.

Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) was Muslim, as were his Companions (Ridy Allahu Anhu), so there's no reason for me to follow anything else, because I've broken enough Rules in my life.

Plus, having love for any and all who call themselves any kind of Muslim, so long as they respect my foundation has been a plus. I'm sure I'm one of the only ones who actually felt bad about seeing a Shia Mosque in ruins. But that's just it, even in Qur'an it tells us to safeguard all Holy Houses. Mosques, Synagogues and Churches, because the fact of the matter is, God's Name is mentioned in those houses.

That's where I stand though. Do you, but don't lose your humanity.

Peace
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    Those are not the only forms of "islam". I do not ascribe to any of them. But, I believe in all the holy books to come from God. I believe in doing good and take the Quran as revelation from God that has not been tampered with. At the same time though, I get knowledge from where ever to benefit me.
    I'm curious; you "believe" in all of the books for God, yet you do not want to follow the beliefs of the religions? I'm trying to put myself in your position but I can't understand how that works.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    I believe in Islam, as it was first revealed. Without the sectarianism and inevitable bullshit that it brings. I'm Muslim. Period. Not Sunni, not Shia, not Nation of Islam, not Sufi, not 5%.

Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) was Muslim, as were his Companions (Ridy Allahu Anhu), so there's no reason for me to follow anything else, because I've broken enough Rules in my life.

Plus, having love for any and all who call themselves any kind of Muslim, so long as they respect my foundation has been a plus. I'm sure I'm one of the only ones who actually felt bad about seeing a Shia Mosque in ruins. But that's just it, even in Qur'an it tells us to safeguard all Holy Houses. Mosques, Synagogues and Churches, because the fact of the matter is, God's Name is mentioned in those houses.

That's where I stand though. Do you, but don't lose your humanity.

Peace
    To be honest I don't call my self a Sunni usually, since I don't really like to put myself into a "box", but if people ask, which most people do, I wont just argue with them because I've learnt it gets you no where so I'll just say; "if I really had to say what "sect" (I hate that word) I am, I'd say Sunni"

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

I find it REAL hard to believe that everyone on this website, or even this bizarre majority is muslim. Just cause it's the cool 'wutang' religion.

wow. your all gonna deny it but your only lying to yourself, my mind is made up about you and your not gonna change it by denying anything. Just remember, you changed your religion for wu-tang....your connection to god...for wu-tang.

wow.

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

I appreciate your opinions...
    I C.R.E.A.M

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    Yeah, personally I'm an apostate of Islam and I'm now an agnostic, but I still read the books and try to get some knowledge and insights on how I can live my life as a better person. I'm also interested in getting a Bible and other holy books, maybe later on. People find me a weirdo because I still perform wudu before I touch the Quran, but I just believe that it's still an important holy scripture, and if that's how it was prescribed many years ago, then I should follow through with that out of respect and be clean when I touch it.

I never understood why there are differentiations of believers in Islam, actually. Read the book, and follow it if you believe in it...one of my friends is a really wise guy, I go to his house often and we settle in and read the Quran once in awhile with his wife. He always explains what the text means to me and then breaks it down as to how I can apply it to myself. He doesn't believe in any different forms of Islam. He said once to me, "Just read the book, and don't get blindsided by the politics. The truth is in the scriptures, and nowhere else."

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
    I find it REAL hard to believe that everyone on this website, or even this bizarre majority is muslim. Just cause it's the cool 'wutang' religion.

wow. your all gonna deny it but your only lying to yourself, my mind is made up about you and your not gonna change it by denying anything. Just remember, you changed your religion for wu-tang....your connection to god...for wu-tang.

wow.
    lmao. Well, if people are so inspired and affected by the Wu-Tang Clan that it ignites their curiosity in the religion and they learn more about it, then what's so bad about that? In fact it's a positive that something like the Wu could inspire people like that. It's not a negative thing. Unless you're saying all these peeps are just posers who don't know nothing about Islam and just play like they do...

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Neither.

I have nothing to contribute to this discussion.

Have a nice day.

i believe in my own islam.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by WIA View Post
    He always explains what the text means to me and then breaks it down as to how I can apply it to myself. He doesn't believe in any different forms of Islam. He said once to me, "Just read the book, and don't get blindsided by the politics. The truth is in the scriptures, and nowhere else."

I agree. Read the Quran or whatever text u wanna read, and come up with your own understanding. Listen to others understanding of it, but accept it if it it rational or proovable. But, the bottom line is, come up with your own understanding and follow nobody. It says in the Quran

"Do not accept anything that you yourself cannot verify.
    Surely your hearing, your eyesight and your mind will be questioned" Sura 17:36.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeDot View Post
    To be honest I don't call my self a Sunni usually, since I don't really like to put myself into a "box", but if people ask, which most people do, I wont just argue with them because I've learnt it gets you no where so I'll just say; "if I really had to say what "sect" (I hate that word) I am, I'd say Sunni"
    I understand that.

Most people have no knowledge of Al-Islam and the true ways thereof are underlined by Qur'an and Sunnah. Guess I should lighten up when asked from now on, instead of givin' 'em a scroll.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)