Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which do u belive in Arabic Islam or the Nation Of Islam?

Quote Originally Posted by CeeDot View Post
    To be honest I don't call my self a Sunni usually, since I don't really like to put myself into a "box", but if people ask, which most people do, I wont just argue with them because I've learnt it gets you no where so I'll just say; "if I really had to say what "sect" (I hate that word) I am, I'd say Sunni"
    If you're Muslim in the sense that you don't see yourself as God then why not tell them that Islam has no sects? If God's word exist to unite the brotherhood of mankind why would His followers accept that division amongst themselves?

In my life I've come to realize that people will often follow negative behavior because it has become tradition. The sooner we all fight to permanetly derail bad trains of thought in our own personal lives, and the sooner those who have seeds teach their children a more righteous path, regardless of what provokes that inclination, the sooner we will all wake up to a world that makes sense.

One should not accept the ignorance around them simply because you happen to be floating in a sea of it.

There is land out there beyond the horizon and completely beyound what the eyes can see. And while all five senses tell me that all hope is lost, I know we'll eventually reach the shore if we can just keep on swimming.

peace to all
    Last edited by Visionz; 07-02-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Support the Real. Click HERE

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    I agree. Read the Quran or whatever text u wanna read, and come up with your own understanding. Listen to others understanding of it, but accept it if it it rational or proovable. But, the bottom line is, come up with your own understanding and follow nobody. It says in the Quran

"Do not accept anything that you yourself cannot verify.
    Surely your hearing, your eyesight and your mind will be questioned" Sura 17:36.
    I hate it when you talk to a fucking sheep. Like I was talking to my sister one time about homosexuality and she said it's wrong because God says so, and had no other arguments against it. And I said, "Well the person doesn't do it maliciously to disobey God. It's what is natural to them...", and she just said, "Well they're going to hell and getting sinned anyway cause Allah said so, so eff you I win!!" hah...like if you have no other rationale for your beliefs and scorn others with no other reason than "God said so" that really turns me off.

Quote Originally Posted by WIA View Post
    I hate it when you talk to a fucking sheep. Like I was talking to my sister one time about homosexuality and she said it's wrong because God says so, and had no other arguments against it. And I said, "Well the person doesn't do it maliciously to disobey God. It's what is natural to them...", and she just said, "Well they're going to hell and getting sinned anyway cause Allah said so, so eff you I win!!" hah...like if you have no other rationale for your beliefs and scorn others with no other reason than "God said so" that really turns me off.
    As if the bible, especially the new testament, didn't warn against rash judgement and lack of compassion. "let he without sin cast the first stone" right? People who follow religion so they can wear it on their shirt like a badge almost always seem like a perversion of what they preach. I try to let people know by my actions, not what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post
    As if the bible, especially the new testament, didn't warn against rash judgement and lack of compassion. "let he without sin cast the first stone" right? People who follow religion so they can wear it on their shirt like a badge almost always seem like a perversion of what they preach. I try to let people know by my actions, not what I say.
    Good point...people forget so easily about the goods religion should teach. I know my real fam was only concerned with the baseline beliefs of the 5 pillars of Islam. Always prayed, always fasted, gave their zakah, planned on going to Hajj. Never was I taught what I could get out of religion, just what I was supposed to be giving to Allah. You should realize your place is not to be the judge anyone and cast them to Hell or Paradise if you truly believe in God. Too bad I had that conversation when I was 13. My developing brain seeds about all this were practically nonexistent.

Good point...people forget so easily about the goods religion should teach. I know my real fam was only concerned with the baseline beliefs of the 5 pillars of Islam. Always prayed, always fasted, gave their zakah, planned on going to Hajj. Never was I taught what I could get out of religion, just what I was supposed to be giving to Allah. You should realize your place is not to be the judge anyone and cast them to Hell or Paradise if you truly believe in God. Too bad I had that conversation when I was 13. My developing brain seeds about all this were practically nonexistent.
    Though it may not seem like it at the time, 16 is still a very young age to be, still plenty of time for growth, new experiences, etc Your friend gave the best advice when saying that reading it yourself is best. Pay attention most to what gives you the greatest understanding and inspiration and go from there.

I like the word spiritually so much better than religion. It doesn't seem like the point would be to go through ritualistic dogma but to better understand yourself, and therefore the world around you. And even then, not just as what the world is as what the world should be. I have my own short comings just like every one else but I try to be an example of that inner vision I have for that world in the hopes that somewhere along the way people will see it everywhere.

i say follow islam how u think is best. dnt let others tell u what to do. at the end of the day allah will judge u, not some imam.

Though it may not seem like it at the time, 16 is still a very young age to be, still plenty of time for growth, new experiences, etc Your friend gave the best advice when saying that reading it yourself is best. Pay attention most to what gives you the greatest understanding and inspiration and go from there.

I like the word spiritually so much better than religion. It doesn't seem like the point would be to go through ritualistic dogma but to better understand yourself, and therefore the world around you. And even then, not just as what the world is as what the world should be. I have my own short comings just like every one else but I try to be an example of that inner vision I have for that world in the hopes that somewhere along the way people will see it everywhere.
    Hell I know I'm young! That's why I said developing and not developed lol. I feel like I had a lot of life experience and been forced to mature a lot in a few short years. From the time i was 14 (I'm almost 17 now...) i left my home and shit due to family issues. I was down and out. I felt really lost and all that. Even though I never believed in God since I was like 9, I started to hate all religion and just feel really bitter about it. I didn't even wanna look at any holy book, I felt like I didn't need it to tell me how to live my life because God wasn't doing anything for me. After I realized that it's not about that....even if you don't believe in God there's still mad knowledge and wisdom in those books to be learned. Even just reading the stories, like Adam and Eve, can teach you lessons as you interpret them on your own.

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

^^ Yo i feel you. Props!
    I C.R.E.A.M

lmao. Well, if people are so inspired and affected by the Wu-Tang Clan that it ignites their curiosity in the religion and they learn more about it, then what's so bad about that? In fact it's a positive that something like the Wu could inspire people like that. It's not a negative thing. Unless you're saying all these peeps are just posers who don't know nothing about Islam and just play like they do...

idc man i think a lot of them are frontin. The inspiration part is all good, i like that, but you know how it is with internet. 25% of white kids are black, no girl admits she's ugly in real life, and everyone's tough. people claim a lot of stuff on here. a lot of stuff.

what i really hate is the ones that try and make it a "christianity was imposed on you it's not your true religion" "Islam is the true religion cause white ppl didn't teach you it"

bitch please. Muslims had slaves longer and harder then europeans, and forced africans to be muslim, as well as kill a lot of them to spread islam. North Africa didn't used to look so arab, so idk why islam is legit on this site and christianity isn't. They're the same thing.

If you're Muslim in the sense that you don't see yourself as God then why not tell them that Islam has no sects? If God's word exist to unite the brotherhood of mankind why would His followers accept that division amongst themselves?

In my life I've come to realize that people will often follow negative behavior because it has become tradition. The sooner we all fight to permanetly derail bad trains of thought in our own personal lives, and the sooner those who have seeds teach their children a more righteous path, regardless of what provokes that inclination, the sooner we will all wake up to a world that makes sense.

One should not accept the ignorance around them simply because you happen to be floating in a sea of it.

There is land out there beyond the horizon and completely beyound what the eyes can see. And while all five senses tell me that all hope is lost, I know we'll eventually reach the shore if we can just keep on swimming.

peace to all
    Well, I'm not going to fool myself into believing there is no "sects" in Islam because people have made it that way, whether I agree with it or not.

I don't get what you mean.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

Well, I'm not going to fool myself into believing there is no "sects" in Islam because people have made it that way, whether I agree with it or not.

I don't get what you mean.
    for most of that I was speaking in metaphor.

I don't understand why people give power to sectarian ways when the Quran clearly is against it. sunni this, shiite that, its a perversion of what is clearly stated.

I imagine its mostly due to tradition but it seems you should clense yourself of those thought patterns and the sooner the better. The brotherhood of man was intented as one. How can we be one when everyone is standing behind giant brick walls they've built for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    Those are not the only forms of "islam". I do not ascribe to any of them. But, I believe in all the holy books to come from God. I believe in doing good and take the Quran as revelation from God that has not been tampered with. At the same time though, I get knowledge from where ever to benefit me.
    This could make your head explode.

for most of that I was speaking in metaphor.

I don't understand why people give power to sectarian ways when the Quran clearly is against it. sunni this, shiite that, its a perversion of what is clearly stated.

I imagine its mostly due to tradition but it seems you should clense yourself of those thought patterns and the sooner the better. The brotherhood of man was intented as one. How can we be one when everyone is standing behind giant brick walls they've built for themselves?
    Well yeah but "Sunni" Muslims follow Quran and Sunnah, and I don't actually think that's what "Shi'as" follow. I'm not sure though. So if Sunnis follow what the Prophet did, they can't be wrong, right? If Shias don't how can we all come together and get rid of "sects" when we have some different beliefs.

By the way: I've read through that ^. And some of it may sound erm, offensive to Shias, if so it wasn't intended.

Well yeah but "Sunni" Muslims follow Quran and Sunnah, and I don't actually think that's what "Shi'as" follow. I'm not sure though. So if Sunnis follow what the Prophet did, they can't be wrong, right? If Shias don't how can we all come together and get rid of "sects" when we have some different beliefs.

By the way: I've read through that ^. And some of it may sound erm, offensive to Shias, if so it wasn't intended.
    I'm at work so my Quran's not handy but there's a verse that says "And on this day I have perfected your religion". If God perfected religion then why does it need amendments? So if the Shia's aren't following the Quran what makes 'em Muslim in the first place?

I'm at work so my Quran's not handy but there's a verse that says "And on this day I have perfected your religion". If God perfected religion then why does it need amendments? So if the Shia's aren't following the Quran what makes 'em Muslim in the first place?
    You have to ask them, I mean - we can't say they're not Muslims if they say they are. No matter what they do.