Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which do u belive in Arabic Islam or the Nation Of Islam?

Quote Originally Posted by CeeDot View Post
    You have to ask them, I mean - we can't say they're not Muslims if they say they are. No matter what they do.
    I'm saying that they're reading the Quran just like you are but somewhere along the way they became "different". Could you explain to me the differences between the two? (shiites and sunnis)

Support the Real. Click HERE

What the heck is "Arabic Islam?"

Imperial1

"So sick wit it, I don't spit, I vomit"

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post
    I'm saying that they're reading the Quran just like you are but somewhere along the way they became "different". Could you explain to me the differences between the two? (shiites and sunnis)

The very fact that they hate each other and differ as to their belief ( by calling themselves sunnis or shiites--something prophet Muhammad did not do PBUH) should tell u they are not practicing the teachings from Quran, but rather opinions and tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    The very fact that they hate each other and differ as to their belief ( by calling themselves sunnis or shiites--something prophet Muhammad did not do PBUH) should tell u they are not practicing the teachings from Quran, but rather opinions and tradition.
    1. All Sunnis and Shias don't hate each other. They do in places like Iran, etc.
    2. The Prophet PBUH didn't call people Shias or Sunnis because they weren't "around" in those days. It was much easier to follow Islam "correctly" if you were living in the time, and place of the Prophet PBUH.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

None of the above
    I just don't like you, thats all.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by CeeDot View Post
    1. All Sunnis and Shias don't hate each other. They do in places like Iran, etc.
    2. The Prophet PBUH didn't call people Shias or Sunnis because they weren't "around" in those days. It was much easier to follow Islam "correctly" if you were living in the time, and place of the Prophet PBUH.
    So is "islam" not easy to follow correctly these days? And why is that?

Are you implying that "muslims" are in the wrong in the way they practice "islam"?

And if Prophet PBUH did not call him self shia/sunni, then why do "muslims" these days make that distinction between themselves and for what reason?

Are they really following Prophet PBUH, or did they add/make something new ( by making the distinction of sunni/shia/wahabi/salafi/etc)?

Is the way "muslims" are practicing "islam" ( sunni/shia) the way God or Prophet intended it? In other words, was it the plan of Prophet PBUH or God to make people divided into so many sects, each claiming to be the rightly guided?

Guardian of the 1st house Hellspawn's Avatar

Are you implying that "muslims" are in the wrong in the way they practice "islam"?

And if Prophet PBUH did not call him self shia/sunni, then why do "muslims" these days make that distinction between themselves and for what reason?

Are they really following Prophet PBUH, or did they add/make something new ( by making the distinction of sunni/shia/wahabi/salafi/etc)?

Is the way "muslims" are practicing "islam" ( sunni/shia) the way God or Prophet intended it? In other words, was it the plan of Prophet PBUH or God to make people divided into so many sects, each claiming to be the rightly guided?
    You really dont know the difference between sunni and shiia?

After the death of the prophet Muhhammed, a group of people didnt recognize Abu Bakr as a khalife (ruler of the muslim world) even this one has been put on the "throne" by Muhammed himself before he dies. They (shiia) claim that a man from the family of the prophet should rule, and this man should be Ali (the cousin of the prophet). thats where the separation happends...and a conflict start between the two branch (the first one ; the followers of the khalife Abu Bakr were named Sunni coz they follow the Sunna wich is the will of Muhammed).

later, the shiia divide from alot of islam rules, some of them even claim that Gabriel made a mistake by speakin to the prophet Muhammed and he made an error coz he was sent to speak to Ali. they also nowerdays have strange practices like auto-mutilation that has nothing to do with islam (remember the large groups of people with knifes and whips slammin their backs with their weapons that were shown over the tv's of the world).

thats a lil bit of what i know, if someone has other infos, please post em.

peace

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post

After the death of the prophet Muhhammed, a group of people didnt recognize Abu Bakr as a khalife (ruler of the muslim world) even this one has been put on the "throne" by Muhammed himself before he dies. They (shiia) claim that a man from the family of the prophet should rule, and this man should be Ali (the cousin of the prophet). thats where the separation happends...and a conflict start between the two branch (the first one ; the followers of the khalife Abu Bakr were named Sunni coz they follow the Sunna wich is the will of Muhammed).

later, the shiia divide from alot of islam rules, some of them even claim that Gabriel made a mistake by speakin to the prophet Muhammed and he made an error coz he was sent to speak to Ali. they also nowerdays have strange practices like auto-mutilation that has nothing to do with islam (remember the large groups of people with knifes and whips slammin their backs with their weapons that were shown over the tv's of the world).

peace
    I'm not shia but I'll tell it from their perspective as I've heard the best I can. They believe Muhammad showed favor to Ali but a political situation occured where others claimed Abu Bakr was his true heir. The belief Ali is the true heir to Muhammad is derived from several sayings of Muhammad and quotes that refer to Ali as the leader of true believers and one whom the Muslims have to follow to understand Muhammad (I'm writing this from memory so I dont have these quotes handy). Ali, being very noble (as he is always portrayed in Shia writings), did not take power so that there would be no conflict. The name Shia means party and comes from their full name the Party of Ali. They split after Ali's assasination, which was seen as proof the other Muslims were misled.

Shias also believe the Qur'an has meanings under the surface meaning that the Sunnis have missed hence what Sunnis would consider strange beliefs which are held to be the maintained oral tradition from Muhammad of the book's meaning.

The whipping and sword thing is in memory of the Battle of Karbala which is somehow significant (it's a battle the shias lost and the self-mutilation is in mourning.)

My recommendation is to ask the Shias about the Shias because the Sunnis and the Shias have many theological arguments and when you get information on a minority from a larger majority, there is always room for misinterpretation of practices and beliefs.

The idea that Islam would be split into sects is not as the faith was to be - for it is a universal faith to unify. Muhammad's criticism torwards Christianity was that it had split into disagreements and sects, so the fact that Shia islam split (90%+ of Muslims in the world are Sunni) is seen as kind of an insult to Muhammad and to Islam in general to most Muslims. That is why there are such extreme tensions, not to mention the class struggles involved between the two. It mostly has to do with upper and lower class fighting - which happen to be split through leadership lines, not by "religious differences." That's a misconception of the Western media.

Woah woah woah, looks like you're accusing me of alot lol, I'm not looking to argue.

1. I'm saying it was easier to follow Islam when you were around the Prophet, reason being - obviously if you had questions you'd just go and ask him for guidance, right?
    2. The Prophet didn't call himself Sunni/Shia because in those days the people around him were just Muslims, which is what we are. But since he died people can interpret different things in Islam differently, do you know what I mean?

I'm not saying anyone is practicing Islam wrongly, just that it would have been easier around the Prophet, but I suppose this is a form of Jihad for us? (For people who know "Jihad" from the media, it doesn't mean "Holy War", it means "struggle")

Also, PBUH for everytime I mentioned the Prophet.

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

Veteran Member

I don't see the two as necessarily mutually exclusive.
    Wisdom is better than rubies and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it

the reason for the 2 sects is easy. if there was just one sect then they wouldnt have a reason to kill each other. because there are 2 they can easily go "look a sunni kill him he doesnt preach islam properly". may sound like a joke but its true.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post

peace

From your reply, I get the implication that the major split came about for political reasons ( who is going to assume power? ) and some different interpretations of Quran.

So why should people divide their religion because of mainly political power?

Are the people who claim to be of those different sects really believing in the teachings in their book or do they strive for political domination?

And if a religious group is founded on maily political strife and division, why would anybody want to be in that group and how can u justify the division it creates?

And why do people feel the need to affiliate themselves with divisive group claiming to be the only rightly guided and calling everyone else wrong?

How can anyone justify to God why one is apart of "sunni" or "shia" sect?

And of the two groups which is right/wrong and why?
    Last edited by diggy; 07-05-2007 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN88 View Post
    the reason for the 2 sects is easy. if there was just one sect then they wouldnt have a reason to kill each other. because there are 2 they can easily go "look a sunni kill him he doesnt preach islam properly". may sound like a joke but its true.

Don't ever post about Islam again...