Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organize

Veteran Member

Default Organize

When the Ledge first took off it was very interesting. I remember some of the first threads being on Taoism and books and it was really good.

However, it wasn't long before we all got bored of kicking the same knowledge around and it broke down into people agressively trying to assert their points of view over other peoples.'

The truth is most of the stuff on the Ledge we could find ourselves with little research, and most the time OPINION isn't respected.

So what this thread about is looking at ways we can productively use this forum, and each other. What can we get out of this that we can't get from books? How can we redirect all the energy we use arguing in circles and maybe be productive?

I don't know if this will go anywhere worthwhile but I would like to hear any suggestions of how we can organize the knowledge in here (coz there are definitely some intelligent/knowledgable people on here) and help each other or use it to accomplish worthwhile things.
    Wisdom is better than rubies and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it

Guardian of the 1st house Hellspawn's Avatar

mods have to delete any racist, disrespectful, antisemit comments and ban the member that write them...just an idea.

^yes, and people claiming the holocaust didnt happen.

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

People just need to respect each other's views.

Urban Journalz can suck my dick.

Great thread idea. I think part of the answer is to let what you learn and have strong convictions about and to find a way to act on it locally. I've come across a guy here in town by pure chance who's very active in meetings and getting the word out concering 9/11 (what I personally feel probably Strongest about) and being active within that struggle. Relay that information back here perhaps, maybe start to try build up cells of organization locally then use the net to everntually take the local, global.

I was actually kickin this very same type idea around in my head just the other day, props homie for puttin this out here

......btw I had already not eaten pork for years before I even had a computer, but I eat healthier because of conversations I either been a part of or just read. Alot of it is taking the usefull knowledge and applying it the best you can.
    Last edited by Visionz; 07-02-2007 at 06:27 PM.

Support the Real. Click HERE

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post

......btw I had already not eaten pork for years before I even had a computer, but I eat healthier because of conversations I either been a part of or just read. Alot of it is taking the usefull knowledge and applying it the best you can.
    same here...its funny when i think about it, i totally changed my ways of eating from reading alot the stuff posted in here..

Veteran Member

I was actually aiming at something more active - more like how can we work together? What can we apply our knowledge to in our lives and the world as a whole collectively...
    Wisdom is better than rubies and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

Yeah, i appreciate the idea, I'm down 4 it, but i doubt something will change.
    I C.R.E.A.M

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleEnergies View Post
    I was actually aiming at something more active - more like how can we work together? What can we apply our knowledge to in our lives and the world as a whole collectively...

Maybe organize events thru the net. Maybe political or social stuff or just basic awareness of issues or causes?

Maybe we could organize sections of topics under the headings of: articles, stories, experience, health issues, funny stuff, etc.
    Last edited by diggy; 07-03-2007 at 01:46 AM.

Veteran Member

Yeah ^ this is more what I am getting at. How can we collectively spread some knowledge in a useful way to people who will appreciate it maybe?

Veteran Member

How about talking about different ways we can make money legally and be rich. After all, not much can get done without money.

^^Second Life
    Break fast is served

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

How About mods issuing infractions first to those that "flame" in this section. Flaming so to speak should only be allowed in Gen Chat. If the members continue to flame than a weeks ban is implemented. How's that sound guys? In order for this to work I will make a sticky announcement to warn all then I will start implemented this, but I will need help from whoever reads such material to report it through a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    How About mods issuing infractions first to those that "flame" in this section. Flaming so to speak should only be allowed in Gen Chat. If the members continue to flame than a weeks ban is implemented. How's that sound guys? In order for this to work I will make a sticky announcement to warn all then I will start implemented this, but I will need help from whoever reads such material to report it through a PM.

good idea man

Suga Duga

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post
    true. I'm ready