Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield

L~>1<~NKS

Default Cloverfield

I gotta say that this 1ne trailer had me hella intrigued and mah jaw almos dropped.

If i remember correctly it was New Years and some1 was taping a party they was @ then suddenly they hear a big bang (the camera guy still shootin video will all this was happening). They step out side on the roof of they buildin' and there's this huge explosion in the city I straight up though it was Godzilla or someshit. Anyway it's gotta be the freakiest trailer I've seen in a long time. No body really knows what this flick is about exept it's made by some dood named JJ Adams and it comes out 1.18.08.

PEEP IT:

Is it HALO??? VOLTRON??? SOME PEOPLE ARE CALLIN' IT CLOVERFIELD, A MOVIE OF LOST????

CRAZY - I'VE NEVER SEEN REACTION LIKE THIS

I'VE SEEN THAT "BAD ROBOT" LOGO ON TV AFTER THE LOST CREDITS.
    Last edited by L~>1<~NKS; 07-05-2007 at 04:45 PM.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/

its not halo cuz peter jackson is the producer

but looks like something i would watch
    Ozmosis X Big Pun: The Punisher

[+]Facebook [+]Bandcamp [+]SoundCloud [+]Tumblr

L~>1<~NKS

I heard Peter Jackson wasn't doin Halo anymore.

Im feelin' this though - this is a slick move.

It's currently called Cloverfield (name could change) it's a new movie from JJ Abrams (the guy that directed MI3 and co worked on lost) It's a monster movie thats filmed in a docu-drama way, like the blair witch project.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Sounds intriguing, they need to go back to Godzilla and do it properly. Though I'm sure I heard somewhere that Japan were intending to do it again, might have been hearsay though.
    I hear Halo has been shelved, which would suit me fine. I don't think it would really work.

Chicks dig giant robots

L~>1<~NKS

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO, DA GRIM LATIN View Post
    It's currently called Cloverfield (name could change) it's a new movie from JJ Abrams (the guy that directed MI3 and co worked on lost) It's a monster movie thats filmed in a docu-drama way, like the blair witch project.

Did you get that from that Wikipedia crapola? Cuz some headz are dismissin' that claim of it being called somethin'. It's supposed to be untitled - for now.

Quote Originally Posted by L1NKS View Post
    Did you get that from that Wikipedia crapola? Cuz some headz are dismissin' that claim of it being called somethin'. It's supposed to be untitled - for now.
    Nah, my sources are much more reliable than that, besides im a movie buff so it's my business to know.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Didn't like the Blair Witch camera style so I don't know if I would enjoy this, but it didn't look too bad. That Will Smith trailer had me guessing too.

L~>1<~NKS

On the real though - I think this director maybe takin' a whole nother step towards marketing. And it's werkin' cuz everybodies talkin' bout it, g. Im gonna try to get a better clip instead of that bootleg shit.

The crazy thing is the Production company is even DENYING having a trailer out!?!

Good shit - Im lovin' this, cuz I've been disappointed with some of the flicks as of late..

L~>1<~NKS

This is what 1ne web site is statin'

J.J. Abrams Top Secret Trailer for Cloverfield in Front of Transformers!!

June 29, 2007
    Source: Ain't It Cool News
    by Alex Billington
    I don't want to ruin this experience for anyone, but holy shit! I just went to a screening of Transformers (to see it for my second time) tonight, and I caught a trailer for a top secret untitled J.J. Abrams movie. This was seriously the craziest and coolest trailer I have EVER seen! If you want to hear more about it and hear the description of it, read on. Otherwise (which I suggest this is what you do), skip reading this until after you see Transformers, which this trailer will play in front of, and then come back to read more on the movie.
    Here's the description of the trailer. I suggest you DON'T read on unless you've gone to see Transformers and have seen this trailer - otherwise the experience will be ruined!!
    It starts off at a party in a loft in New York City for this guy around his mid-20's who's leaving (the city). It's filmed on home video cameras and looks just sort of like another independent drama comedy about this guy. This goes one for a little while when all of a sudden there's a big earthquake and people start to go a bit crazy and they all run up to the roof to see the lower half of Manhattan, and one of these buildings, erupt into a huge ball of fire after this unidentified object from the sky comes flying down and hits it. Then people really start to go crazy and the camera is dropped and blacks out. Then it comes back up and they're out running on the streets and all of a sudden this huge flaming object comes flying through the air and lands on the street and it's the ripped off head of the Statue of Liberty. You can hear this odd freaky roar in the background as more huge flaming/smoking things fly through the air and it ends with people running and screaming.
    There is no title for the movie. It only shows “Produced by J.J. Abrams" and says “1.18.08″ and flashes the credit block of names for about a half second and that's it. Everyone in the audience basically just went “what the f**ck!" after it ended! It's insane…

Apparently this is a top secret project called Cloverfield that J.J. Abrams is producing and not directing. What is it, you ask? After doing some research over at Ain't It Cool News, I discovered this description.
    Well, word from inside the company is that CLOVERFIELD is a giant monster movie, featuring something that's being referred to internally as “The Parasite".

There's also a bit more about the style and what it may actually be about or how it'll work (which considering from the trailer, might be insanely cool).
    And what makes this different than any other giant monster movie? Well, as I understand it, most of the film is going to be shot using home video cameras, as if from the point of view of real people who are experiencing an attack on New York. It’s designed as a fairly small picture, all things considered, and right now, they’re working to make sure the script is going to deliver some wild thrills (like an earthquake that levels Manhattan or an oil tanker flipping over by the Statue of Liberty), but that it’s not suddenly going to turn into a giant $150 million movie.
    Holy shit, this sounds awesome! This thing has been pretty top secret so far, without a peep or word or even a listing on IMDb. We haven't seen anything like this in a while, as almost everything nowadays has some news on it all the way from the start of production.
    This is not just your ordinary Hollywood disaster or giant monster flick, it's something way different. From the trailer you can tell this is going to be something unique, maybe even on the same scale as the Blair Witch Project. And for now this has to be one of the coolest trailers and best marketing tactics I've seen in a long while. What did everyone else think so far who has also seen it?
    UPDATE: The trailer has been pirated and posted online for everyone to watch who hasn't seen it (or wants to watch it again). I'd suggest you really see it in theaters first, but either way, you can watch it right here:
    http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/06/...-transformers/

Scroll down after you click the link to see the bootleg vid - I couldn't find anything official.
    Last edited by L~>1<~NKS; 07-06-2007 at 11:38 AM.

Default "cloverfield"

If you saw transformers you saw the preview...

What do you think? Is it blair witch meets godzilla?

besides the preview, the only info given in the trailer is 1-18-08 and produced by jj abrams (lost)

if you haven't seen it, check out a synopsis here. http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=2331

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

^^^^thank you for that

As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut