Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield

L~>1<~NKS

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    oh no, I've seen a few fakes out there already, but that one's legit

How you know?

see the reviewer?

just google him

yo i watched the slow mo version of the 1st trailer and the monster looks like that 1 bug thing that godzilla fought way back in the day...just a thought

Veteran Member

Actually, that review is funny as hell, cause i saw the movie too in new york, and that is exactly what the movie was about. It sucked really bad in the first 20 minutes. But the parasites and monster do fuck everything up in the movie. The monster is actually a baby and he lost his way home. He lives under neath the sea. It is basically a surface rip off with handheld camera shots in it.
    Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

warning *****spoilers inside********

http://jjabrams.net/showthread.php?t=190

Lol After That Review I Wanna See Da Movie Even More, No Matter What I'll Think At The End

Quote Originally Posted by bigben View Post

naice!! thanks meng!!
    still dont have an idea of what the monster looks like
    but it explains everything
    cloverfield is pretty original and taking monster movies to a new level
    (blairwitch mashed up with godzilla)

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

CONFIRMED THIS IS THE MONSTER.....It Spawns Out Some Sort Of Parasitic Crabs And Shit....My Guy Said It Looks better In The Movie Than The Sketch Shows Here......

Quote Originally Posted by InspectahChek View Post
    Not waisting 10 dollars on this shit...I dint even see King Kong the worlds most expensive movie to shoot.

This is the piece of shit monster.

Everyone seems to be missing the point with this flick. It's not really about the monster per say but rather it's about how the movie is presented. It's a disaster flick shown from the pow of the little everyday people and not the usual military/president/reporter angle which normally is the case with these types of films.

In a nutshell........IT'S NOT ABOUT WHAT THE MONSTER LOOKS LIKE, IT'S ABOUT THE EXPERIENCES OF EVERYDAY PEOPLE AND HOW THEY DEAL WITH SUCH A SITUATION.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

^^co-sign

L~>1<~NKS

Cloverfield Review - Hollywood Elsewhere

Here is a another positive review for Cloverfield (and SPOILER-FREE!), from Jeffrey Wells at Hollywood-Elsewhere.com.
    Cloverfield is a monster film unlike any other -- a complete original, but no less of a rock' em-sock 'em for that. It's amazing in that it's so short (by my watch about 74 minutes without credits), and yet so fierce ... This is not your father's Ray Harryhausen rampaging monster flick. Those movies, comparatively, were parlor dramas for the tame of mind. This movie is REM madness.
    You can read the rest of the review at Hollywood-Elsewhere

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

good find Ben.......that movie is gonna be poppin the day it comes out.....im debatin on seein it that night or waiting a day or two

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMus Da MaNtis View Post
    CONFIRMED THIS IS THE MONSTER.....It Spawns Out Some Sort Of Parasitic Crabs And Shit....My Guy Said It Looks better In The Movie Than The Sketch Shows Here......
    That is not the monster. I saw the movie, trust me, it doesn not look like that I give you my word.
    Game over, game of death, deadly viper poison your soul into an hymnal crepe/baseball bat tag that ass like two hand touch/inhale the exquisite ses that brings you breath/only the dead that creep can flesh be munched

Veteran Member

In a nutshell........IT'S NOT ABOUT WHAT THE MONSTER LOOKS LIKE, IT'S ABOUT THE EXPERIENCES OF EVERYDAY PEOPLE AND HOW THEY DEAL WITH SUCH A SITUATION.

True but thats gonna turn people off about the movie. The director has already said the cameraman in the movie Hank (I believe thats his name) will usually throughout the movie have "just missed it" shots of the monster, just a few seconds SHY of whatever the monster did, this is going to build anticipation to the REVEALING of the actual monster. If this is how people deal with this kinda crisis situation...whos gonna pay for shotty camera angles from a cheap cam corder shot by a clearly shooken New Yorker? The monster is what the masses of movie goers are going to see the movie for, not the direction of the movie