View Poll Results: Well?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Religion is beneficial and human societies are better offwith it.

8 16.67%
  • Religion is malicious to human societies.

15 31.25%
  • Religion is out of date...but still useful.

10 20.83%
  • Religion is obsolete.

6 12.50%
  • Other....

9 18.75%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Do you think human kind is better off with/without Religion?

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
    Then let the correcting begin.

Muslims follow the God of Abraham, Moses, Aaron, Jesus, Etc. Peace be upon them. Since all of the above mentioned prophets were Hebrews, then it should be clear that the Jews worship the same God that Muslims do. As far as Christians, most of them break the First Commandment with the Trinitarian theory. God has no partners or equals.

So the group that's the furthest astray would be the Christians, because they either say that a man was God Himself. Which would make Him dependent upon His own creation, since Jesus (pbuh) needed food, water, and use of the facilities. Or worse, that God had a son with His own creation. Again, this smells just like that Greco-Roman trash with Zeus and Hercules and I know I'm not the only one who sees this, but people are comfy in their blindness.

So it's simple, The Jews know the truth but constantly disobeyed. The Christians twisted and allowed their message to be twisted for so long that they themselves don't know what direction to follow. Hence the numerous different versions of The Bible that are floating around the world.

Muslims worship the same God that gave Moses (pbuh) The Torah and Jesus (pbuh) The Gospel. It's not my fault that people choose to follow what makes them happy instead of what was given to them. But those are the facts.

Islam has always been the true doctrine. Even before the Islam we know about was given to the world. Who do you think the Prophets and Messengers prayed to? Who do you think they told their people to pray to? Ask for forgiveness from and make sacrifices to? The Prophets themselves? Or the One who SENT The Prophets?

As for The Qur'an's mentioning The Bible, since the contradictions in The Bible itself aren't enough for you, if you've even read it, yes, Islam's interpretation IS correct.

First of all, all the people who want to say, "Islam is just trying to say it's better than Christianity and Judaism." clearly haven't read The Qur'an. God calls out to The Children of Israel MANY times, and tells them, "Call to mind the favors which I bestowed upon you, and obey my messenger."

Not only does The Qur'an mention The Gospel, but it states a couple of parts thereof directly. Such as, "We ordained for them (Israel), the eye for the eye and the tooth for the tooth." Also, "Verily, a rich man will not enter heaven until a camel passes through the eye of a needle."

God knows His creations and He knows mankind has always been stupid, so that's why, even with previous scriptures being re-written, they're still basically idiot-proof if one bothers to connect the dots.
    Your could've just told me I was correct instead of writing a novel about it. I'll tear this post a part more in depth in a little while.

Then let the correcting begin.

Muslims follow the God of Abraham, Moses, Aaron, Jesus, Etc. Peace be upon them. Since all of the above mentioned prophets were Hebrews, then it should be clear that the Jews worship the same God that Muslims do. As far as Christians, most of them break the First Commandment with the Trinitarian theory. God has no partners or equals.
    And what about the rest of the world. Are you passing judgement on them?

So the group that's the furthest astray would be the Christians, because they either say that a man was God Himself. Which would make Him dependent upon His own creation, since Jesus (pbuh) needed food, water, and use of the facilities. Or worse, that God had a son with His own creation. Again, this smells just like that Greco-Roman trash with Zeus and Hercules and I know I'm not the only one who sees this, but people are comfy in their blindness.
    Who are you to judge Grego-Romans or Christians? And also, how can you draw that comparison?

You relize this is how wars started in the first palce right?

So it's simple, The Jews know the truth but constantly disobeyed. The Christians twisted and allowed their message to be twisted for so long that they themselves don't know what direction to follow. Hence the numerous different versions of The Bible that are floating around the world.
    And you judging them is no different then the christians that judge each other.

Muslims worship the same God that gave Moses (pbuh) The Torah and Jesus (pbuh) The Gospel. It's not my fault that people choose to follow what makes them happy instead of what was given to them. But those are the facts.
    Did you ever think that maybe God wants people to be happy?

Islam has always been the true doctrine. Even before the Islam we know about was given to the world. Who do you think the Prophets and Messengers prayed to? Who do you think they told their people to pray to? Ask for forgiveness from and make sacrifices to? The Prophets themselves? Or the One who SENT The Prophets?
    How can you claim islam is the one true doctrine when there's a whole entire planet filled with people? That's just a ludicris claim.

As for The Qur'an's mentioning The Bible, since the contradictions in The Bible itself aren't enough for you, if you've even read it, yes, Islam's interpretation IS correct.
    I've actually picked up the Koran before. The verse I read says somthing like

~don't judge other people and their religion

not in those words but it was pretty clear. I have a friend that's muslim, I'll ask him to look it up for me later.

First of all, all the people who want to say, "Islam is just trying to say it's better than Christianity and Judaism." clearly haven't read The Qur'an. God calls out to The Children of Israel MANY times, and tells them, "Call to mind the favors which I bestowed upon you, and obey my messenger."
    Nobody's making that claim here but you.

Not only does The Qur'an mention The Gospel, but it states a couple of parts thereof directly. Such as, "We ordained for them (Israel), the eye for the eye and the tooth for the tooth." Also, "Verily, a rich man will not enter heaven until a camel passes through the eye of a needle."
    or somthing like that....

I've studied the bible well enough to know these verses. I'm glad the Koran cites it's sources. Or maybe it's the other way around? Oh wait a second, i'm going out on limb here but maybe, just maybe:

The Koran and the Bible are doctrines that speak a truth equally.

Depending on how the person interprets these doctrines is really the problem isn't it?

It's the same when reading all books written by man.

God knows His creations and He knows mankind has always been stupid, so that's why, even with previous scriptures being re-written, they're still basically idiot-proof if one bothers to connect the dots.
    Ahh. Connect the dots. You've been reading the Children's Abridged Version of the Koran right? That's where you have to connect the dots to make a picture of a wise man or a lamb, or a flaming chariot right? You mean the book where you can color by number and do super fun mazes? I haven't picked up that version of the koran yet.
    Last edited by Slippy The Pimp; 07-23-2007 at 10:49 AM.

No.

The only thing that's obsolete is mankind's ability to live properly for the sake of the world and themselves. It's not cool to follow and kind of rule anymore, especially one that's not accepted on a wide scale by western society. That's why we have so much turmoil right now. People will see the lie, hear the lie and still make themselves believe that it doesn't affect them. Then, of course, there are the false prophets that mankind was warned about poppin' up all over the place, Jim Jones (the real one), David Coresh, and L. Ron Hubbard, just to name a few.

whats with all the double speak? instead of typing paragraphs which makes little to no sense, just summarize what your saying. haha, false prophets, what makes you think your religion is any more worthy than L. Ron Hubbards?

Again, the real problem lies in mankind's widespread spinelessness. We claim to want the truth, but run away screaming whenever it's brought to us, simply because we may not agree with it.

what is this truth, is it secret. seriously, what with all the mystery. i find, and not wanting to offend, but general religious folk do speak with alot of mystery for some reason. such as "people cant see the truth"... explain this please.

It's like having a cold and the only remedy is raw garlic. Many of you would automatically say, "But garlic is nasty!" Too stupid and selfish to think, "Hey, I'm sick and I should take this because A: It's healthy, and B: It may just work." But at the same time when you say garlic is nasty, some of you drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes quite regularly, knowing good & hell well that neither one of those taste good at all. The only difference is, one is killing you and the other one isn't.

See my point? Most of you are so conditioned, even your conditioning has been condiditioned. So to make things easier, you blame religion. That's hilarious. As if it would solve all the world's problems if it were "abolished". That would justgive people the right to act even dumber than they already do.

no, again i dont see your point because your being unclear and evasive. use some examples and maybe your argument will be coherent. no one is "blaming religion" for anything, at least im not, its just unnecessary to believe a falsehood in my opinion, and thus religion is a waste of time and money

What really baffles me, is that with thoughts like these, people seem to be on a serious road to forgetting about death. Deliberately. 99% of people do things like forget about religion in order to make themselves believe that all there is to life is this world. The ice-caps are melting around your ears, and I still come in and read some of the dumbest shit known to man.

i thought the point of religion was to pretend that death wasnt the end?

The sickest part is some of you think you're doing something grand, brave even, in bringing such stupidity to the table.

You think it's a new concept to want to "abolish" religion? Or that it's "the cause of the world's problems?" How do you think scripture started to get tampered with in the first place? Why do you think there are so many sects of ALL the major religions? Because man wants what he wants and is willing to go against anyone to satisfy his own lusts.

religion is originally man made, so im entirely sure what your point is? man made religion to cater to his own needs, so why does it matter if he changes it to further cater?
    anyway, im trippin this drinks got me saying alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini View Post
    And what about the rest of the world. Are you passing judgement on them?

Who are you to judge Grego-Romans or Christians? And also, how can you draw that comparison?

You relize this is how wars started in the first palce right?

And you judging them is no different then the christians that judge each other.

Did you ever think that maybe God wants people to be happy?

How can you claim islam is the one true doctrine when there's a whole entire planet filled with people? That's just a ludicris claim.

I've actually picked up the Koran before. The verse I read says somthing like

~don't judge other people and their religion

not in those words but it was pretty clear. I have a friend that's muslim, I'll ask him to look it up for me later.

Nobody's making that claim here but you.

or somthing like that....

I've studied the bible well enough to know these verses. I'm glad the Koran cites it's sources. Or maybe it's the other way around? Oh wait a second, i'm going out on limb here but maybe, just maybe:

The Koran and the Bible are doctrines that speak a truth equally.

Depending on how the person interprets these doctrines is really the problem isn't it?

It's the same when reading all books written by man.

Ahh. Connect the dots. You've been reading the Children's Abridged Version of the Koran right? That's where you have to connect the dots to make a picture of a wise man or a lamb, or a flaming chariot right? You mean the book where you can color by number and do super fun mazes? I haven't picked up that version of the koran yet.
    1 Passing judgement? See, that's exactly why I don't even speak to ordinary people about this, because that's the first damn thing you say. Judgement isn't my job. Jugement is followed by punishment, so how the hell can I judge. YOUR problem comes in because I witness the things that people do and speak on them. I'm a witness. Deal with it.

2. Here you go with "judgement" again. Simpleton. I'm calling Greco-Roman mythology bullshit. I mean, that IS why it's under "mythology is it not?! Again, judgement is followed by punishment. I didn't make the Christians dream up all these different lies and shove 'em down people's throats so don't get all pissy about me reminding you of what happened and continues to happen. The fact of the matter is, it's wrong. That's the main problem with people right now, there is no "right and wrong", no matter how wrong something may be. You'd all prefer to just turn your heads and tell yourself that maybe if you ignore it long enough, it'll go away.

3. No fool. You're saying that wars were started by just that alone? Yeah, that's good. You should write that one down. While you're at it, get a detailed analysis of every war ever fought and bring forth the evidence of your "point".

4. Judging, judging, judging. Is that the only tool you have? Seriously....is it? Maybe you should look up the term "Judgement" and read for yourself what it means.

5. I know God wants people to be happy. That's why He sent down Scriptures and Messengers to remind us that there's more to life than what we see, and that maybe if we follow the rules and stop sleeping with stupidity, we'll acheive eternal bliss. Or um....don't you know THAT either?

4. O.K. since I have to write it in crayon.

Islam means submission to The One God. Without partners or associates. The fact that there's a bunch of people in the world means all of nothing. Get all that??

5. So you picked up The Qur'an. Should I be impressed? Picking it up and reading it from cover to cover are two completely different things. And the verse goes, "Let there be no compulsion in religion." I'm not telling you or anyone to follow what I do, because truth be told I could care less and when we die, we'll find out who was indeed on the Right Path. My problem comes in where people try to tell me right from wrong from man's feeble and blurred point of view as if it really stood a chance from the point of view that I choose

6. That's called bullshit. And another pathetic attempt at reverse psychology. Practice damn it. At least make me WANT to stop laughing at you..

7. First of all, you sound really stupid here. I'd love to know how both Scriptures speak the EQUAL truth, when one of them has been re-written so many times that it's not even in it's native tongue anymore. Second, if you think these Scriptures were originally written by man, then you have no business even speaking upon it at all. As far as "interpretation", these Scriptures weren't written in riddles, poems, or haiku. They're plain and simple. It's because people didn't like what was written, that they started coming up with, "It could also mean this..." type shit. So, like I said, this is exactly why I don't bother with ordinary people about such things, because most of you are under the sad belief that the shit you bring to the table is not only original, but deep and meaningful.

7. And that statement further testifies to man's comfort with stupidity.
    "Die before you die."-Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh)

Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    anyway, im trippin this drinks got me saying alot.
    1. If you don't like a lot of words, do yourself a favor and don't read them. Quite frankly, I could care less. Your importance to people doesn't go past you. Savvy? As far as that dumb ass question, clearly you're another person that has all of no clue about religion and you need to study badly before you open your mouth and remove all doubt about your limited knowledge.

2. This is classic. Nonbelievers wanting something explained to them. In case you haven't noticed from your OWN state of mind, one has to already believe and be willing to find the truth for the sake of themselves. Not just to have something to try, hopelessly, to prove wrong as if they knew any more than they allowed themselves to learn. You really wanna know? Then find out. I'm not here to waste my time telling you things you could discover on your own. A: You don't want to know and B: Even if you did, it wouldn't do you any good. You're just one of the many that has to learn the hard way, so why should I care?

3. You call religion a falsehood. Which further proves my point on how stupid you sound asking for an explanation of what I said. If it's a falsehood, then you, like Slippy, have no business even talking about it. It's not your area. My answers are only evasive to those that choose to be dunces for the time. Alcohol doesn't help either because it brings the simpleton in you out fully. This needs no testimony.

4. You did? Then I highly advise you to stop thinking. Clearly that isn't your area either. If death is the end, then suicide should be a widespread phenomenon for people like you. I mean, what's to worry about? Right?

So you picked up The Qur'an. Should I be impressed? Picking it up and reading it from cover to cover are two completely different things. And the verse goes, "Let there be no compulsion in religion." I'm not telling you or anyone to follow what I do, because truth be told I could care less
    Then why do you take so much time to respond? Why do you call the greco-roman's old religion a myth? Why do talk down on christians?

and when we die, we'll find out who was indeed on the Right Path.
    Why do we have to die to find out who's on the right path. Aren't we trying to reach the same destination? Just because my map is different doesn't mean I won't see you at the party.

My problem comes in where people try to tell me right from wrong from man's feeble and blurred point of view as if it really stood a chance from the point of view that I choose
    Your problem is you think you know everything and you want to judge people that don't believe the same way you do. Life is to short to be judgemental my friend.

Peace.

Then why do you take so much time to respond? Why do you call the greco-roman's old religion a myth? Why do talk down on christians?

Why do we have to die to find out who's on the right path. Aren't we trying to reach the same destination? Just because my map is different doesn't mean I won't see you at the party.

Your problem is you think you know everything and you want to judge people that don't believe the same way you do. Life is to short to be judgemental my friend.

Peace.
    1. I take the time to respond because it's my time to do whatever the hell I please with it.

2. I have no clue what path you or anyone like you is trying to reach, so don't try that, "We are the world" thing. Seriously. You're right, I'm sure I will see you at the party, he problem comes in at what side of the table you'll be sitting on. Potentially. You don't HAVE to die to find out the truth, but it just so happens that Death is the epitome of truth as we know it. It can't be outrun, denied or ignored. In saying that, some people are blessed enough to know the truth on this side of life and therefore don't have to die in order to realize it, but instead, they see it as a kind of release. Whereas people who make it their life's pursuit to simply ask questions, without taking any real direction in life, are deep down scared of Death. Simply because it's the unknown to them and worse, they don't want to find out about it. I can't help the way people are, but that's definitely the way they are. You can call it "judgemental" all you want. I call it, "If the shoe fits, wear it."

3. No, YOU think that I think I know everything, just because I'm able to speak in depth about things and I happen to stand by my points no matter who tries to challenge me about them. And since you don't read too well, I'm incapable of judging.

1. I take the time to respond because it's my time to do whatever the hell I please with it.

2. I have no clue what path you or anyone like you is trying to reach, so don't try that, "We are the world" thing. Seriously. You're right, I'm sure I will see you at the party, he problem comes in at what side of the table you'll be sitting on. Potentially. You don't HAVE to die to find out the truth, but it just so happens that Death is the epitome of truth as we know it. It can't be outrun, denied or ignored. In saying that, some people are blessed enough to know the truth on this side of life and therefore don't have to die in order to realize it, but instead, they see it as a kind of release. Whereas people who make it their life's pursuit to simply ask questions, without taking any real direction in life, are deep down scared of Death. Simply because it's the unknown to them and worse, they don't want to find out about it. I can't help the way people are, but that's definitely the way they are. You can call it "judgemental" all you want. I call it, "If the shoe fits, wear it."

3. No, YOU think that I think I know everything, just because I'm able to speak in depth about things and I happen to stand by my points no matter who tries to challenge me about them. And since you don't read too well, I'm incapable of judging.
    Judgement:
    noun: the act of judging or assessing a person or situation or event
    noun: (law) the determination by a court of competent jurisdiction on matters submitted to it
    noun: the capacity to assess situations or circumstances shrewdly and to draw sound conclusions
    noun: the cognitive process of reaching a decision or drawing conclusions
    noun: an opinion formed by judging something
    noun: ability to make good judgments
    noun: the legal document stating the reasons for a judicial decision

Your an idiot. I didn't just make a judgement, i'm just speaking the truth now.

1. If you don't like a lot of words, do yourself a favor and don't read them. Quite frankly, I could care less. Your importance to people doesn't go past you. Savvy? As far as that dumb ass question, clearly you're another person that has all of no clue about religion and you need to study badly before you open your mouth and remove all doubt about your limited knowledge.

2. This is classic. Nonbelievers wanting something explained to them. In case you haven't noticed from your OWN state of mind, one has to already believe and be willing to find the truth for the sake of themselves. Not just to have something to try, hopelessly, to prove wrong as if they knew any more than they allowed themselves to learn. You really wanna know? Then find out. I'm not here to waste my time telling you things you could discover on your own. A: You don't want to know and B: Even if you did, it wouldn't do you any good. You're just one of the many that has to learn the hard way, so why should I care?

3. You call religion a falsehood. Which further proves my point on how stupid you sound asking for an explanation of what I said. If it's a falsehood, then you, like Slippy, have no business even talking about it. It's not your area. My answers are only evasive to those that choose to be dunces for the time. Alcohol doesn't help either because it brings the simpleton in you out fully. This needs no testimony.

4. You did? Then I highly advise you to stop thinking. Clearly that isn't your area either. If death is the end, then suicide should be a widespread phenomenon for people like you. I mean, what's to worry about? Right?
    please, lots of words? you wrote a couple of hundreds words which meant nothing, that is what i dont like. my importance to people doesnt go past me? why does yours? this is a fucking message board where people post opinions, mine is equal at least to your (well actually it holds alot more weight because i try to justify what i think when people ask me to)

what the fuck is your problem, you succeeding in answering not one of my legitimate questions.

basically your line of thinking is that you dont need to justify anything you say because im stupid? regardless of my intelligence you have failed to address any of my question and instead tried to avoid them by trying insulting my intelligence.

as much as i hate to generalize, my experience with religious people has been universally similar to this encounter.

ask a question and they reply "oh you dont believe in religion? you wouldnt understand what i have to say, i wont waste my time on you etc etc", how about this mate, give it a try. try explaining yourself and see if i can catch on.

its a safe bet that you sprout out some nonsense.

on your other irrelevant points:

- i have every right to discuss religion, even though im not a believer in it. where do you get the idea that i cant try and understand why so many people believe in religion. you try telling other people why they are incorrect and you express your opinion, so i will continue to express mine and question you. you may choose not to answer, but i dont think it will help you put your point across. so if you dont want to answer anything i say, dont fucking post.

- and you tell me to stop thinking because it isnt my area, interesting you choose to believe in that which there is no evidence to support. and i choose not to... whos thinking? im pretty sure illogicality is a poor use of thought.

- im sure we can talk about death alot, but for you to say that there should be huge rates of suicide "among people like me" is completely counter intuitive. if i think there is nothing after life, why would i choose to squander what i have. odd how suicide bombers justify their acts through a religious afterlife...

maybe i didnt word my questions right, so heres them again:

- why are the main religions more factual or important or relevant or worthy than cults and the like such as scientology.

- you said people run from the truth, what is this truth?

- what is wrong with forgetting about death?

these are in very simple english so i doubt there will be any confusion, there is no need to respond if you are not going to answer anything, so dont if that is your intention.

but, you call me unintelligent but have no ability to justify what you think...
    Last edited by rainbow; 07-25-2007 at 05:34 AM.

Judgement:
    noun: the act of judging or assessing a person or situation or event
    noun: (law) the determination by a court of competent jurisdiction on matters submitted to it
    noun: the capacity to assess situations or circumstances shrewdly and to draw sound conclusions
    noun: the cognitive process of reaching a decision or drawing conclusions
    noun: an opinion formed by judging something
    noun: ability to make good judgments
    noun: the legal document stating the reasons for a judicial decision

Your an idiot. I didn't just make a judgement, i'm just speaking the truth now.
    Like I said, judgement, in the sense that we're discussing here, can only be attributed to God, not man. Since you're more comfortable in leaning on man's assassments, have at it. Hope it works out well for you.

its a man-made system that only serves to divide people.

get rid of it!
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Quote Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
    please, lots of words? you wrote a couple of hundreds words which meant nothing, that is what i dont like. my importance to people doesnt go past me? why does yours? this is a fucking message board where people post opinions, mine is equal at least to your (well actually it holds alot more weight because i try to justify what i think when people ask me to)

what the fuck is your problem, you succeeding in answering not one of my legitimate questions.

basically your line of thinking is that you dont need to justify anything you say because im stupid? regardless of my intelligence you have failed to address any of my question and instead tried to avoid them by trying insulting my intelligence.

as much as i hate to generalize, my experience with religious people has been universally similar to this encounter.

ask a question and they reply "oh you dont believe in religion? you wouldnt understand what i have to say, i wont waste my time on you etc etc", how about this mate, give it a try. try explaining yourself and see if i can catch on.

its a safe bet that you sprout out some nonsense.

on your other irrelevant points:

- i have every right to discuss religion, even though im not a believer in it. where do you get the idea that i cant try and understand why so many people believe in religion. you try telling other people why they are incorrect and you express your opinion, so i will continue to express mine and question you. you may choose not to answer, but i dont think it will help you put your point across. so if you dont want to answer anything i say, dont fucking post.

- and you tell me to stop thinking because it isnt my area, interesting you choose to believe in that which there is no evidence to support. and i choose not to... whos thinking? im pretty sure illogicality is a poor use of thought.

- im sure we can talk about death alot, but for you to say that there should be huge rates of suicide "among people like me" is completely counter intuitive. if i think there is nothing after life, why would i choose to squander what i have. odd how suicide bombers justify their acts through a religious afterlife...

maybe i didnt word my questions right, so heres them again:

- why are the main religions more factual or important or relevant or worthy than cults and the like such as scientology.

- you said people run from the truth, what is this truth?

- what is wrong with forgetting about death?

these are in very simple english so i doubt there will be any confusion, there is no need to respond if you are not going to answer anything, so dont if that is your intention.

but, you call me unintelligent but have no ability to justify what you think...
    *sigh*

Children.

You should take those photos of Kanye down son. You're starting to act like him.

Tah

haha, looks like you are so confused with yourself that you cant answer some very simple questions.

go find the meaning to life and get back me.

thanks.

Fresh 2 Deff

Peepz are free to believe in what they want, aslong as they dont push it on me.

Quote Originally Posted by B O T View Post
    its a man-made system that only serves to divide people.
    i'd say re-think your post. you say it ONLY serves to divide people. the only reason that man came up with the idea with God was to tell his neighbor "Fuck off, you're not a part of my religion". i highly doubt this. there was a lot of writing and prophesying wasted if this is so.

it isn't the religion that promotes division, but the people within the religion being too high on themselves. certain religious texts condemn people thinking they are better than others or that they should shun certain peoples. i have read books without being able to remember what the hell went on in them because i wasn't that interested. if there are supposed "fanatics" who (claimed by others) go against the religion but suggest they know everything about it, they most likely have another agenda.