View Poll Results: Well?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Religion is beneficial and human societies are better offwith it.

8 16.67%
  • Religion is malicious to human societies.

15 31.25%
  • Religion is out of date...but still useful.

10 20.83%
  • Religion is obsolete.

6 12.50%
  • Other....

9 18.75%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Do you think human kind is better off with/without Religion?

Walk Like a Warrior blackwisdom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan View Post
    The video covers just the basics of faith. it leaves open the opportunity for one to do further research on anything that they question. slavery was brought up because the bible condones it. christians believe the bible is the infallible word of their "god". atheists maintain that it is the word of primitive man. why would an all-loving "god" condone slavery? that is a question that a rational person would ask as it would contradict the attribute of all-loving.

about starving children. an all-loving "god" would never let anyone suffer to that extent based on the conduct of their leaders. the narrator is pointing out that why would an all-loving "god" grant someones wish for a raise, and not feed starving, innocent children. it makes no sense.

i look at the vastness of life on this planet, then the vastness of the universe. a rational person would come to the conclusion that some spook hiding somewhere in the skies did not create all of this. the question has to be asked, what created "god"? what existed before "god"? why would "god" just be sitting somewhere in emptiness and then one day say, hmmm, let me create the universe, and then after doing so, let me create living things. why would it take the time to create over something as trivial as 2000 different species of beetles?
    Ra Un Nefer Amen has placed together the most comprehensive discussion on creation that I have ever experienced in Maat, The 11 Laws of God. He's written much more but this is the one that I've read. If you can't and won't accept your connectiveness with the universe on a spiritual level, so be it. I can't help but to KNOW that a Divine Consciousness in interwoven within all of it's creation and that I am an attribute of that Divine Consciousness, continually on the path of cultivation.

there are some other great videos this narrator has put together, one has to do with prayer. he illustrates that if you pray to something like a horseshoe instead of a "god" you will end up with the same results. in fact, i should just embed the videos. i truly believe that people who believe in imaginary things are delusional and make irrational excuses to back up their beliefs, if they even attempt to go beyond just saying it's all just faith.
    You say imaginary due to the fact that you only visualise a false image. You've never interacted, so you can't speak intelligibly therefore you call it an illusion. That's cool though. I'ma check out your videos. I may post one if I feel in the mood.

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
    Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven

here is another great one. although he is addressing christians, it really goes for anyone who believes in "god"

and another:

These videos have some great graphics. I like the stick men. I wrote a poem entitled "Nobody Really Wants to Pray" some years ago. I wasn't coming from your perspective at all but this reminds me of it. I see where you're coming from but I have one question for you.

What is the essence of wo/man?

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper

I'm attracted to Dr. Clarke's definition of religion.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwisdom View Post
    Ra Un Nefer Amen has placed together the most comprehensive discussion on creation that I have ever experienced in Maat, The 11 Laws of God. He's written much more but this is the one that I've read. If you can't and won't accept your connectiveness with the universe on a spiritual level, so be it. I can't help but to KNOW that a Divine Consciousness in interwoven within all of it's creation and that I am an attribute of that Divine Consciousness, continually on the path of cultivation.

You say imaginary due to the fact that you only visualize a false image. You've never interacted, so you can't speak intelligibly therefore you call it an illusion. That's cool though. I'ma check out your videos. I may post one if I feel in the mood.
    Well put - this is actually on par with most Native American religions. True communion with the creator is something most do not do properly due to these false associations with these "spooks".

And the thing is Blackwisdom - we have a responsibility to shift the whole planet's paradigm.

As for any here that are still trapped in the religious web imposed by your governments and false prophets - you will be very vex once the truth is revealed to you.

I recommend people watch this video that Mantiz posted.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...046#post864046

This is one of the most comprehensible videos I have seen.
    Break fast is served

Veteran Member

let me quote my man Killh Priest, " For real, religion did nothing but divide".
    Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by V4D3R View Post
    Well put - this is actually on par with most Native American religions. True communion with the creator is something most do not do properly due to these false associations with these "spooks".

And the thing is Blackwisdom - we have a responsibility to shift the whole planet's paradigm.

As for any here that are still trapped in the religious web imposed by your governments and false prophets - you will be very vex once the truth is revealed to you.

I recommend people watch this video that Mantiz posted.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=864046#post864046

This is one of the most comprehensible videos I have seen.
    100% agreement!

100% agreement! I posted it to my myspace page.

I met Vernon Kitabu Turner, Roshi the other day and purchased his book "Soul to Soul: Harnessing the Power of Your Mind" from him. I just started reading it but it is very well within the context of this thread. If you can, check this book out. From what I've read so far our conversation was all I needed. He told me that once souls connect no words are required afterwords. Needless to say we didn't need to speak long. He told me that he could defeat opponents with one finger. Knowing his history I believe he can do that and much more. I'm more interested in his spiritual guidance as of now though. As much as I know I can learn from him I want to become proficient in my current art first. This is him in action.

Last edited by blackwisdom; 08-07-2007 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added book pic