8 11.27%
  • 2 Mics

0 0%
  • 1 Mic (Terrible)

3 4.23%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dre - The Chronic

-

LOL@Claaa7 saying Chronic 2001 has better beats than The Chronic hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Stop smoking that weed because it's affecting your brain LOL. The Chronic has way better beats than Chronic 2001. I agree with Derek41 that Chronic 2001 isn't all that great. There's a few joints on there that i like but i like every song on The Chronic. Let's Get High song on Chronic 2001 is the shit. I love that joint. LOL@the guys at the beginning of the song saying all these niggas and all these hoes in here, somebody here gon fuck hahahahahahahahaha. Derek41, i didn't know you were a Above The Law fan. I like them too. Their Legends and Uncle Sam's Curse albums are good. Black Mafia Life album is good too.

I love 2001,but it ain't got crap on The Chronic.
    Lyrical Gangbang is my favorite track

-

Yeah Chronic 2001 isn't nearly as good as The Chronic. The Chronic has a lot of hardcore joints i like such as Fuck Wit Dre Day, Let Me Ride, Nuthin But A G Thing, A Nigga Witta Gun, Rat Tat Tat Tat, Lyrical Gangbang, High Powered, Stranded On Death Row, Bitches Ain't Shit. I also like the b-side joint on Dre Day single called Puffin On Blunts And Drankin Tanqueray. That song is my shit. LOL@the beginning of the song when Dr Dre said you know there's a lot of punk ass niggas out there and a lot of punk ass bitches out there hahahahahahahaha. Eazy E, you a punk ass bitch. Tim Mut, you a punk ass bitch bitch LOL. Oh oh Luke i didn't forget about you bitch LOL.

Shaolin Master

Ya man above the law were so dope. 187um is the best producer from the west in my opinion. Big hutch's new joint only god can judge me was dope as hell too. Uncle sams curse, black mafia life, time will reveal, funk upon a rhyme, legends are all in my collection. I dog 2001 cuz to me it was not that great. I own the instrumental album and the beats are much better to listen to than the version with all the wack rappers on it. I loved that early 90's west coast sound, 187um, quick, ant banks, khayree, early dre, all had bangers then. People get on my case for liking 90's shit to today's shit but honestly, today's shit can't hold a candle to the old shit.

-

I feel you and i agree with you. I feel sorry for these black youngsters today because they think these new rappers are good compared to the old rappers hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. The old rappers from the 80's and 90's will always be better than these shitty new rappers. I only listen to 80's and 90's rappers. I be on Youtube all the time every Saturday most of the day listening to 80's and 90's rappers and watching old rap videos. I wanna thank the person who created Youtube because i like watching old rap videos that i haven't seen in a long time. I didn't like Above The Law's Livin Like Hustlers and Time Will Reveal albums. I got Hutch's 2 solo albums Executive Decisions and Live From The Ghetto. Those albums aren't that bad. I heard his last solo album that came out a couple of years ago and i didn't like it. I don't think Only God Can Judge Me is the name of the album.

Shaolin Master

Only god can judge Me is his new album just released a few months back. I had to search for it but you can find it somewhere online. The album you are thinking of was fresh out the pen and yeah, it was not that good. Only god can judge me is much better. I am looking forward to the new ATL album Victims of global politics and 187um's other solo joint OG since 67, the solo joint is supposed to feature all live production. I hear ya about 80 and 90's shit. Even the down south artists were dope in the early 90's. Geto boys 8 ball and mug ugk. What the fuck happened? He'll Bet's rap city used to be the shit. Now everyone is a sellout.
    Last edited by derek41; 07-21-2011 at 08:52 PM.

-

Hutch has a new album called Only God Can Judge Me? I'm gonna have to check for that. I did hear his Fresh Out The Pen album and it does suck. He releases albums quick. I wonder how come his partner KMG hasn't done any solo albums. Above The Law got a new album coming? I hope it's good because i didn't like their last album Forever Rich Thugs. I love the Geto Boys. I got all their albums and Willie D is my boy. He's so funny hahahahahahahahahaha. He always says some funny lyrics. I'm gonna pm you some of his funny songs and you're gonna laugh. Here's some funny lyrics from his solo song So What on his Unbreakable album.

Anybody don't like this can suck the peeda. Watch out now. Here comes another heater. Everytime i turn the radio on, i get hot. I'm sick of niggas bragging about what they got LOL. I came here to show and tell. Half of these muthafuckas broke as hell LOL. Most of these bitches scared to come to the hood LOL. The rest talking about they platinum and they can't go wood. Let's get the facts straight out the gate. You ain't real nigga, you's a cake LOL. You talk a lot of shit about scrapping and guns but if i slapped the fuck out you right now, you run hahahahahahahaha. So what if you rich. Let me tell you something bitch LOL. A nigga don't feel like hearing that shit LOL. I could give a fuck about how tight your flow is LOL. You garbage if you ain't doing nothing for these kids.

So what you got a new set of wheels. So what they put your house on cribs. So what you filthy rich. So what you filthy bitch LOL. So what you got ice in your chain. So what you got bitches giving you brain. So what you filthy rich. So what you filthy bitch LOL.

Shouting out to the hood every god damn minute but when you gon build a bridge in it? LOL. Got money out the ass and you swinging like Tarzan but all your homeboys starving. It takes me to talk about your selfish ass cause most individuals don't know the half. You roll through the hood and pass out a few bucks but you ain't really trying to see a nigga come up. It ain't safe when you talking shit. Your bodyguard ain't nothing but a big old bitch hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Heard you got jumped on by a broad LOL. Now suddenly you got a record out and your ass is hard LOL. Cocksucka muthafucka, you a brand new fool LOL. Tricking with these chickens and your kids need shoes. Radios and videos playing your shit. Screaming your record company name but they laying you dick LOL.

How you living? How you living mr ball player? Since you signed that new contract, you ain't did jack LOL. You lucky i ain't the team owner cause i'd pull out a 9 and pop your ass while you riding the pine hahahahahaha. Northside niggas don't care if you rich. We play for respect and authority bitch LOL.

-

Derek41, have you heard a funny skit on Gang Starr's The Ownerz album? DJ Premier speaks the truth about rap being shitty now and he says hey yo, what the fuck is this shit ya'll are listening to on the radio nowadays man? You call that shit hip hop? That's some faggot bitch shit ya'll are listening to hahahahahahahahahahahaha. All you dj's are letting the program directors handcuff you and sit there and tell you how to mix. You fucking robots LOL. Fuck ya'll LOL.

Derek41, do you like MC Ren of NWA? I figured since you like 90's westcoast rappers that you would like NWA. Have you heard MC Ren's solo albums? I got all of them. I like Kiss My Black Azz and Shock Of The Hour albums the most outta the 4 albums he's done. The Villain In Black and Ruthless For Life albums were disappointing but i like The Villain In Black more than Ruthless For Life. He got a hard song on Ruthless For Life with Ice Cube called Comin After You. I was listening to that yesterday on Youtube because i hadn't heard it in a long time. I like the hook when they say you fake ass ballers who we talking to. Lying on records bout what you do LOL. The shit ya'll doing is played out and through. You come with that shit, we coming after you LOL.

Ren has a funny skit on Kiss My Black Azz before the song Right Up My Alley comes on. Ren is talking to a friend of his who's a drug dealer and the conversation goes like this. Ren says what up Bob nigga. The guy says chilling loc, trying to make them ends. The guy says i'm about to serve some smokers in the alley. Ren says right right right LOL. The guy says why don't you bare with me loc. Ren says you got it, let's go up here. So they start walking and Ren's friend says ain't that them punk ass niggas i told to get up outta here LOL. Ren says there go some punk ass muthafuckas over there yeah LOL. So Ren's friend starts arguing with the other guys and Ren says chill out dawg, chill out dawg LOL. Ren's friend says check this out nigga and he shoots a gun at somebody. Ren's friend starts kicking the guy he shot and he says when i tell you to get up outta here now, you get up outta here nigga LOL. Ren says let's raise up nigga, let's raise up and they start running LOL.

There's another funny skit on Ren's The Villain In Black album before the song Live From Compton Saturday Night comes on and he's talking to your boy Hutch of Above The Law on the phone. Ren says hello. Hutch says what's up man. I'm just calling to see what's going down man. Ren says i'm about to rest dawg. Hutch says it's Saturday man and you talking about rest. Ren says i was up at the studio all night last night. Hutch said man fuck that studio shit LOL. Let's go get some blunts, some bitches, let's do something hahahahahahahahahaha. Ren says hey hey fuck what you talking about and he hung up on him LOL. Hutch said Ren Ren, aww a nigga gon hang up on a nigga and shit LOL.

Does anyone actually read Charles Jones' posts?

Are you posting from a mental hospital Charles?

still can't believe that blunts and tanqueray didnt make the album. the throwaway tracks from this album are better than 99% of these so called emcees' catalogues.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted

Quote Originally Posted by djskillz View Post
    still can't believe that blunts and tanqueray didnt make the album. the throwaway tracks from this album are better than 99% of these so called emcees' catalogues.
    Kurupt's verse on that >>>>>>
    "We accept tires" - Cappadonna

hey cumshot, if you really like the wu tang clan why dont you
    DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT AND NEVER SAY SHIT ON HERE AGAIN.

you dont get hip hop.
    you'll never really understand hip hop.
    stick to being a pussy rich white faggot.

bitch ass cracker.

"Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

FRESH FISH

One of if not my favourite album of all time.

When Doggystyle came out I always preffered it over this, but the last few years it has changed around. I still listen to the Chronic to this day, where as I never listen to Doggystyle now.

2001 was a let down in my view. Just too polished, soft and comercial and not many decent rhymes either.

Death Row was what got me into hip hop so I can remeber alot about the anticipation for the follow up to this in '96 The Chronic 2. Especially after buying All eyez on me and seeing it advertised as coming soon on Death Row.

I have been reading abit about this lately in various books. After Doggystyle Snoop and Dre started to seperate abit with Snoop sticking with Daz, Kurupt and Nate, Etc. While Dre wanted to move in a new direction with The Chronic 2: Popas got a brand new funk. Working with new artist like J-Flexx and Sam Sneed. He wanted to come totally fresh again with more new talent.

I like this album but I'm not sure if I feel it as much as others. I think the lyrics are a little weak.

-

You think the lyrics on The Chronic are weak? Hahahahahahahahahahaha.