Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Kids in the UK

Default Black Kids in the UK

I just wanna say before I start, I'm not black and I'm not tryna be racist.

--

In my school in England some of the black kids with Afro-Caribbean grandparents or whatever, don't seem to consider the African kids in the school "black", now I don't understand this. The other day the "black" kids in my class were counting the black people in the class and one of them counted an African girl and the other said "she's not black", I was like =/ . If she wasn't black then what is? She's darker than the boy that said she wasn't but obviously he wasn't talking about colour. I don't get it. Correct me if I'm wrong but were their ancestors not African?

I seek refuge with the Lord of Daybreak

The "black" kids in your class are morons.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Quote Originally Posted by CeeDot View Post
    I just wanna say before I start, I'm not black and I'm not tryna be racist.

--

In my school in England some of the black kids with Afro-Caribbean grandparents or whatever, don't seem to consider the African kids in the school "black", now I don't understand this. The other day the "black" kids in my class were counting the black people in the class and one of them counted an African girl and the other said "she's not black", I was like =/ . If she wasn't black then what is? She's darker than the boy that said she wasn't but obviously he wasn't talking about colour. I don't get it. Correct me if I'm wrong but were their ancestors not African?
    this is all true, i witnessed the same shit. the carribean black kids dnt accept the africans as black. its kinda sad, cause i saw the carribeans take the piss all the time doing the african accent and shit. i was like wait you all are black but hating on each other. what i gathered from it is that being from the carribean is cool, but africans aint cool. so the carribean kids dnt want to be related to the africans. as it would make them un-cool.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN88 View Post
    this is all true, i witnessed the same shit. the carribean black kids dnt accept the africans as black. its kinda sad, cause i saw the carribeans take the piss all the time doing the african accent and shit. i was like wait you all are black but hating on each other. what i gathered from it is that being from the carribean is cool, but africans aint cool. so the carribean kids dnt want to be related to the africans. as it would make them un-cool.
    Regardless, that doesn't explain why west indian kids would not consider african kids as being black. If anything it should be the other way around.

Method Man

its the only way that they can distance themselves from them. jus ignorance in my books.

its the only way that they can distance themselves from them. jus ignorance in my books.
    Clearly it's ignorance, but this stupidity must be with the younger generation cos one of my closest friends is Jamaican (born and raised till he was ten) and he certainly doesn't think that.

Method Man

yeah younger generation definetly. when i was in school it occured in my year, not to a great extent, but i kno it happened a lot in the lower years. i dont think it occurs with people who lived in the carribean just the black kids who were born and raised in england with carribean roots.

this doesnt actually just happen between blacks, i kno it happens between turks and turkish cypriots. they dnt like us. and we call them greeks. mainly for the reason that turkish cypriots in england barely know any turkish and when they do speak it they do it with a hilarious accent. our hate towards them tends to be more to do with that turkish cypriots reject the idea of being turkish, i kno some who know turkish very well but refuse to speak it or even understand it. so i can go up to them and diss them real hard in turkish and they wouldnt even reply. mainly among the girls though. they find it un-modern to be turkish.

in a way its the same situation, some ppl just dnt want to be related to their ancestors. they find it more attractive to have their own roots, sort of their own race in a way. it occurs more with the later generations the ones born and raised in england.

yeah younger generation definetly. when i was in school it occured in my year, not to a great extent, but i kno it happened a lot in the lower years. i dont think it occurs with people who lived in the carribean just the black kids who were born and raised in england with carribean roots.

this doesnt actually just happen between blacks, i kno it happens between turks and turkish cypriots. they dnt like us. and we call them greeks. mainly for the reason that turkish cypriots in england barely know any turkish and when they do speak it they do it with a hilarious accent. our hate towards them tends to be more to do with that turkish cypriots reject the idea of being turkish, i kno some who know turkish very well but refuse to speak it or even understand it. so i can go up to them and diss them real hard in turkish and they wouldnt even reply. mainly among the girls though. they find it un-modern to be turkish.

in a way its the same situation, some ppl just dnt want to be related to their ancestors. they find it more attractive to have their own roots, sort of their own race in a way. it occurs more with the later generations the ones born and raised in england.
    I think thats fucking disgusting when people view their roots as something backwards or like it hinders them in some way. I was born and raised in the uk and im proud of my latin roots, I travel to Colombia quite regularly and I maintain close relationships with people there. I claim latino all the time and if anyone said something against my peoples believe they would feel a backlash from me. Im proud of being british too, don't get me wrong but if people ask I always just say im british latino.

Method Man

'

wheres ramesh when we need him?

^^LOL......true.

Method Man

those kids art black either black are Americans who lost there coulter because of slavery its american only
    went to the woods, spent time alone, meditated under a waterfall climb to the highest peak of the mountain; now I'm back, enlightened, fully trained, to be the greatest Jackass the Corp has ever seen. all hail Me, you fucking Skruds.

British hate french, french hate germans, germans hate italians, perisans hate arabs, arabs hate afgans, japanesse hate chinesse, chinesse hate koreans, koreans hate vietnamesse, vietnamesse hate cambodians, cubans hate mexicans, mexicans hate central americans.

quit making it an "all black people should love each other" issue, it's global faggot.

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

^^the man wanted to know it genius...
    I C.R.E.A.M

What? That's news to me, and I live in a community that's largely Caribbean & African. That's fucked up. I'm from Guyana with Indian roots, and all the black Caribbean people show the African people love all the same. I never heard of nothing like that. the only thing I ever heard of was the rift between the Indians/blacks in Guyana, but i only get heat like that if there's someone who's fresh to here.

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Some people define their heritage not buy their ancestors but by their social surroundings or affiliated country.

Example:

I was conversing with two friends of african decent.

I siad your- both african.

My first friend siad no, i'm Black and he's african.

I siad- your roots are both in Africa.

He said no.

My second friend siad I was born in Africa, so I'm african. He was born in America, so he's black.

Example #2

Me and another friend were conversing:

I'm an indian (indiginous person of the americas).

My friend: Ha Ha, your a spear chucking praire nigger ha ha.

Your indian too, your darker than me.

My friend: No, i'm mexican.