Thread: The Question Why? (Editorial)

YUNG GOD
    Alexandria, Va (House Of the Flying Bullets)

Default The Question Why? (Editorial)

What do you guys think about the question why?, isn't it the most question, It also is the most important, will any body have power if it wasn't for this word. If u ask why u don't take things for face value, if u don't take things for face value and study and research things behind face value then u recive real knowledge, so therefore why is a very powerf word, pac wouldn't even be relevant if it wasn't for why, would this world exsist, would any religion or way of life exsist, and I also through my seeking of knowledge and life experiance I noticed that, why is only complimented and usually accompanied by where when and who. Think about this and tell em ur thoughts. Wyze Waze has left.......use ur own brain now

Inteligantly,
    Wyze Waze Allah
    Wyze Wisdom Allah Zig Zag Zig Equality

YUNG GOD

let me get sum feedbacc

Veteran Member

You make a good point. Why is the question humanity always asks to get knowledge when it becomes aware of something.

YUNG GOD

wat yall think

YUNG GOD

wats yall niggas thoughts

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wyze Waze Allah View Post
    What do you guys think about the question why?, isn't it the most question, It also is the most important, will any body have power if it wasn't for this word. If u ask why u don't take things for face value, if u don't take things for face value and study and research things behind face value then u recive real knowledge, so therefore why is a very powerf word, pac wouldn't even be relevant if it wasn't for why, would this world exsist, would any religion or way of life exsist, and I also through my seeking of knowledge and life experiance I noticed that, why is only complimented and usually accompanied by where when and who. Think about this and tell em ur thoughts. Wyze Waze has left.......use ur own brain now

Inteligantly,
    Wyze Waze Allah
    I think a better question is:

Why not?

Fresh 2 Deff

Or What If ?

YUNG GOD

Quote Originally Posted by CHRONZ View Post
    Or What If ?
    wat if is askin for instance, u aren't gettin ful value u are wondering if u ask that, if u ask why u awant to kno the real deal, if u ask what if, ur not reall learning anything

my weapon.

I wouldn't say Why is the most important question. It is one that leads to an understanding which is very important.

But How would be one that defines a course of action. It typically signifies the questions which are hardest to find an answer to.

Why's are much easier to understand than the How's, especially when dealing with truly difficult issues.

Support the Real. Click HERE

^ I really doubt that.

How does a mother give birth? She pushes.

Why does a mother give birth? Well, Why is she pregnant? Why did she feel she wanted to keep the child? Who is she with? What age is she?

A how will give you the answer, a why will give you more questions.

I'd say Philosophy is the study of Why. Why is profound because as you may have experienced with children, if you tell them something and they keep asking why there is never a point where they can stop. You can constantly ask why. Why does not lead to an answer, but like another poster said, an understanding.

Prince Rai

Why rarely ends in an answer. Ask every question, question every answer..
    that is the profound personality of why.

Without 'why', our language would be limited to a certain degree.
    Why engenders language, and without language, knowledge can't be passed in an entirety.

..more to follow .. perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by Koolish View Post
    ^ I really doubt that.

How does a mother give birth? She pushes.

Why does a mother give birth? Well, Why is she pregnant? Why did she feel she wanted to keep the child? Who is she with? What age is she?

A how will give you the answer, a why will give you more questions.

I'd say Philosophy is the study of Why. Why is profound because as you may have experienced with children, if you tell them something and they keep asking why there is never a point where they can stop. You can constantly ask why. Why does not lead to an answer, but like another poster said, an understanding.
    Right, but its quite possible to reach an understanding without acheiving progess.

How do we get past the two-party political system in America?

Its much easier to explain why there is only two parties than it is to explain a way out of it.

If the How's seem easy, then you need to ask a tougher question.

Easy to understand why racism exist.
    Easy to understand why poverty exist.
    Easy to understand why greed exist.

But how to move past them?

Why develops understanding, but how is action & as the old cliche goes actions speaks louder than words.

Ah I see. I did not fully consider the angle you can approach each question with. I suppose every question provides equal difficulty.

I guess you're right. Using your example,

The year 2050, Cindy and her Father are sitting at the dinner table.
    "Daddy, I heard today people used to say black people were bad."

"Well we moved past that Cindy."

"Why?"

"Because it is better to love each human on this earth no matter what they look like or where they come from. People are happiest when they don't hate each other."

"Ohhhhh. How did we do this?"

"WELL it all started about 20 years ago when this one president decided to do this in such a such a state... (etc., etc.)

"Huh?"

A why is deeply rooted in reasoning. So long as you are a rational person you can grasp most concepts of the why. Irrational concepts baffle the rational mind. However, understanding the how requires some memorization and I can understand it is technically a bit harder to understand. And I do agree it is easier to construct the Why over the How. Reason is innate, actions require you to create.

exactly, because in this senario you've presented the one president would've started by asking himself "How do I........."

The why is very important. You have to have an understanding of the why's in any given situation to get to the how.

It's almost a heirarchy of problem solving.

In the simplest of aspects,

why=understanding
    how=solution