Thread: post the top books folks at the corp should read

Default post the top books folks at the corp should read

as the title reads..

post em

I would highly recommend....

MONSTER (Author-Sanyika Shakur)

After pumping eight blasts from a sawed-off shotgun at a group of rival gang members, eleven-year-old Kody Scott was initiated into the L.A. gang the Crips. He quickly matured into one of the most formidable Crip combat soldiers, earning the name Monster for committing acts of brutality and violence that repulsed even his fellow gang members. When the inevitable jail term confined him to a maximum-security cell, Scott channeled his aggression and drive into educating himself. A complete political and personal transformation followed: from Monster to Sanyika Shakur, black nationalist, member of the New Afrikan Independence movement, and crusader against the causes of gangsterism. In a document that has been compared to The Autobiography of Malcolm X and Eldridge Cleaver's Soul on Ice, Shakur makes palpable the despair and decay of America's inner cities and gives eloquent voice to one aspect of the black ghetto experience today.

One of the most immersive, edge of your seat and horrific true life tale. This book showed me a side to gangbanging that movies wouldn't dare tread. This is my favourate book of all time and one that I keep going back to. The book is not all doom and gloom, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but his journey there makes for some great reading.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF IN LOVE

For those who have relationships, this is a great book to read for useful advice on everyday situations with your loved one.

http://books.google.com/books?id=uf2...=title#PPP1,M1
    link shows the first 6 chapters

He's helped 12 million people reduce the stress at home and at work. Now the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, Richard Carlson -- with Kristine, his wife of 14 years -- bring us a simple, stress-free approach to love. While depression, heartache, and anger are associated with love relationships, stress is rarely identified as a problem. Yet we all have concerns about our most important relationships. In one hundred brief, beautifully written essays, the authors show readers how not to overreact to a loved one's criticism, how to appreciate your spouse in new ways, how to get past old angers, and many other ways to improve and increase the joy and pleasure that can and should be part of any relationship.

jack kerouac-on the road

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

The Tao of Physics by Fritjof Capra (must read)

Thou Art That by Joseph Campbell

Tao Te Ching

The Bhagavad Gita

The Dhammapada (so many jewels)

maybe the I-Ching but it can be so hard to grasp.....if u wanna get into the I-Ching try to find Understanding the I-Ching by Wilhelm..

those are the spiritual/deep philosophical ones.....u can maybe start to grasp the idea of God being within u with those...
    Last edited by the silencer; 07-19-2007 at 08:03 PM.

I don't think many people here would be all that interested in most of my favourite books, aside from the one Tauro posted which I too would highly recommend. But one book I think all the afrocentric people on this forum should read is "Not Out Of Africa", by Mary Lefkowitz.

And I think everybody on this planet ought to read the "Conversations With God" series by Neale Donald Walsch.

Veteran Member

The Devil And Dave Chappelle by William Jelani Cobb. Brilliant collection of essays on race, politics and hip-hop. If you hate CharlesJones and/or Black Man, this is the cure for their dribble.

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Hustler