Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do u guys feel of Boxing telling retiring fighter that dont want to let go.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Default How do u guys feel of Boxing telling retiring fighter that dont want to let go.

Yo, Holifield looked embarising last fight. I heard Hearns, who has the boxing syndrome(you know when they sound and look retarded) Yep, that is because of the punishment they receive in the ring. Arturo Gatti has the begining of that horrible reality, boxing syndrome. Yo I am going to agree that if a boxer is suffering and wants to continue to box, the commision should retire them and not allow them to box. Hey that is the same logic when a ref stops a fight, he is looking out for the boxer. Yo these people have families and loved ones, how would you feel if it was your brother or father?

Wu Vatican

Default Re: How do u guys feel of Boxing telling retiring fighter that dont want to let go.

good thread, sergio. personally, i think a fighter should be the one to pull the plug, not the commissions. i agree 100% that Holyfield, Hearns, etc. shouldn't be fighting, but it is their decision. look at bowe- everybody knows he does not belong in a ring and he's got the "syndrome" probably worse than Holyfield. so he fights on cable on a thursday night and gets his ass beat on before landing one good shot to a total unknown. noone wants to see that shit again. i think Holyfield and the like will dig their own way into retirement by being so shitty that the public won't care or watch their fights anymore. as far as Hearns, from what i can tell, he's actually taken care of himself and stayed in shape throughout the years of retirement. that's more than we can say for a lot of today's stars who struggle to make weight and baloon up between all their fights. as much as i'd hate to see him get hurt, i say put 'em in. shit, i bet there's alot of manual labor workers in worse shape who will be punching a clock till they're 65....... peace, man.

Default Re: How do u guys feel of Boxing telling retiring fighter that dont want to let go.

What?

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Good argument and I respect your opinion but it just kills me to see when they speek and they are retarded. Julio Cesar Chavez fought a war with a boxer(forgot his name) and Chavez was losing the fight with a perfect record of like 85-0-0 and chavez in the 12 round with like 10 seconds left knocks him out. he fought a few more fights but the damage that Chavez did to his liver and brain made him retire. I saw that guy speek on Tale of the Tape and it broke my heart. The punishment he received in that fight was clear.

Oh I'm not a guy sorry.

Wu Vatican

don't feel left out Goddess, we're just talkin about the "sweet science", the best sport ever.

Sergio- man, do you know that Chavez Sr. is doing a "farewell" tour of sorts right now. he fought and won about a month back, his son was on the undercard. and no, i didn't watch it cause it's a disgrace to the sport. for the reasons you mentioned above plus the fact that he is not a competitive fighter anymore. kinda like what i was saying before about bowe, holyfield. when they get so shitty over time...... i guess that doesn't apply to chavez because of his god-like status, though. i think people would pay to see him wipe his ass. i love talkin boxing so i'll be up in every thread like you. always cool to get other's opinions on the shit. peace

Ernesto Hoost

Wu Vatican

is??????????? a boxer? fuck, i don't know.

And if you don't know, now you know..

ernesto hoost is a famous k1 fighter

i think its a shame when fighters dont retire because they damage themselves and reputations theyve built

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Benzo, I saw the fight being promoted with Chavez senior, it was called "Adios" Farewell. It was his retiring fight, I hope. The good thing about Chavez Sr, is that he does not have the syndrome. I know Tzu and De la hoya punished him but he seems ok. His son Chavez Jr. is amazing. He has so much technic and skill. He is going to be big. Remember he is Mexican. Best fighter in the world are always Mexican. I guess it has to do with pride, nationalism, and they just fuck have Peterbuilt heads.

Late Benzo

Wu Vatican

^ yup. i heard something about him fighting again, though. like a "mini tour" or something. you're right about the mexican boxers, eric morales has been my favorite boxer for a few years now.

Tian Xia

i personally feel if they've got something seriously wrong with them they should retire. that boxers joe macey had to retire after a long lay off because of a brain problem

Now known as Defcee Definitive X's Avatar

I think that it should be an agreement between the fighter and the commission--the boxer and a rep from the commission sit down and decide how many more fights he can perform in...that way, he can still get his money and his last fights in before retiring...but if a boxer's health is obviously in decline and he still wants to fight, then he should be retired...

"Got heat for everybody/watch the microphone burn..."
    =Akrobatik