Thread: Good books that'll piss you off

Veteran Member

Default Good books that'll piss you off

These are books I love but would piss off most normal people. I don't necessarily agree with everything in them but I think people should read them to get a taste of something very different.

1. The Redneck Manifesto by Jim Goad

This book is the opposite of the Know The Ledge forum. It's a hilarious book on class and why rednecks exist but it would probably offend most people (look up the chapter names for a good example why). I love politically incorrect shit so this is one of my favs even though the author comes to the book with a heavy load of b/s.

2. The Satanic Bible- Anton LaVey

A great book that is the basis of the Church of Satan's theology. I recommended it no matter what your religion is for it's philosophical merits.

From Wikipedia:

"The Satanic Bible was written by Anton Szandor LaVey in 1969. It is a collection of essays, observations and basic Satanic rituals, and outlines LaVey's Satanic ideology. The author claims the influence of Machiavelli, Friedrich Nietzsche, Ragnar Redbeard and Ayn Rand among others.
    The book contains the core principles of Satanism and is considered the foundation of the philosophy and dogma that constitute Satanism. LaVeyan Satanists maintain that The Satanic Bible may not be subject to interpretation or revision, and that no rule or principle contradictory to what is written in The Satanic Bible may be considered applicable to Satanism."

I'll add more later...

The Old Testament and Quran pissed me off intensely, but I'd hardly say they're good books.

I'll agree that The Satanic Bible is cool for some humour, and also some important praise toward individualism and self-respect.

Fuck the rituals that come later on in it though. Worth a read overall, I figure a cat like RZA would've flicked through it, too.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    The Old Testament and Quran pissed me off intensely, but I'd hardly say they're good books.
    don't front on deutoronomy. shit is dope.

allows you to marry raped bitches.
    Da Universal Magnetic Bitch Oppressor

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"

2. The Satanic Bible- Anton LaVey

A great book that is the basis of the Church of Satan's theology. I recommended it no matter what your religion is for it's philosophical merits.
    I tried reading that recently. I got through most of it when it really started to piss me off. I agree with a lot of what he says but he just rambles and acts like he's the man. Blah blah as a carny blah crazy language blach.