6 15.00%
  • Weak

0 0%
  • Tony Yayo

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Common - Finding Forever

Default Common - Finding Forever

I only just got this, so after a few listenings some of my ratings might change

1) Intro
    -

2) Start the Show
    4.5/5

3) The People
    5/5

4) Drivin Me Wild ft. Lilly Allen
    4/5

5) I Want You ft. Will.I.Am
    2.5/5

6) Southside ft. Kanye West
    3.5/5

7) The Game
    5/5

8) Black Maybe feat. Bilal
    5/5

9) So Far to Go ft. D'Angelo
    5/5

10) Break My Heart
    4/5

11) Misunderstood
    5/5

12) Forever Begins
    5/5

Best songs -
    Misunderstood
    The People
    Black Maybe

Skip -
    Drivin me wild
    I want you
    Southside

ok, given it a couple of spins over the last day or so, and its one of the better releases that ive heard from this year definitely.

the start of the album was pretty much perfect, the intro into "Start The Show" & "The People" was dope.

next two tracks are weaker, but personally i dont think there that bad, "Drivin' Me Wild" i actually kind of enjoyed, the hook is awful, but the beat is decent and common rhymes are dope as always. On first listen i thought "I Want You" was weak, but after a few more listens it grown on me, the beat is nothing special, and the sample (i guess it is a sample... or maybe its will.i.am singing?) is a bit off, but as a whole the track is decent. common's voice fits well over the beat in my opinion

"South Side" is decent, im half and half with the beat, it sounds dope in parts but then not so good in other parts. over all fairly good beat, common again proves the difference, making the track above average. kan drops bombs as usual.

"Black Maybe" has a beat which i can't say i really enjoy, but it isnt annoying or irritating so i can tolerate it. once again, when common rhymes over the beat it sound ten times as good.

"The Game" is next, heard this a while ago and its still as dope as when i first heard it, really good track. one of the best beats of the year.

"So Fat To Go" & "Break My Heart" are two more tracks which have beats which dont appeal to me in general, their ok but nothing amazing. still relaxed tracks, sub par for the album though.

"Misunderstood" is one of the stand out tracks of the album, and breaks the album up after the previous tracks. the beat is really dope, really understated (personally i think alot of producers try to cram to many sounds into their beats). great track, common is in equal career best form.

"Forever Begins" is another beat which i was undecided about initially, but again com saves it. nice track to finish things off.

"No Matter How Much I Elavate, I Still Kiss The Floor"

conclusion: definitely one of my top 2 albums of the year, common as i said really makes the album what it is. another mc couldnt have pulled it off over some of these beats, but they work well with common. much better than "Be" imo which to me was boring after a while.

8.5/10 right now, but it may go up.

banger/
    Last edited by rainbow; 07-21-2007 at 01:48 AM.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

lol at Tony Yayo in the poll

It's just average for me, it has a couple of bangers but the majority of the album is way too soft for my taste.

First and foremost, I've been killin' Black Maybe since it leaked and it is hands down without competition my favorite track of 2007. So after I heard that (after already hearing The Game, The People & Misunderstood) I was antipicating this album to one of the best hip hop releases of 07'.

After 2 listens, too me, it his is 2nd best album behind One Day It'll All Make Sense which I felt was an exceptional album and a 10/10.

I hated "Be" with a passion and in my opinion he blew that record out of the water with this one coming back strong with with more coehesion.

Tracks I love:

1. Black Maybe
    2. The People
    3. Misunderstood
    4. Break My Heart
    5. So Far To Go (Though I wish I didn't already know the beat)
    6. Start The Show

Above Album Tracks

1. The Game
    2. Southside
    3. Forever Begins

Average Jointz

1. I Want You (Though I did like the beat transition in the last verse)

Wack Jointz

1. Driving Me Wild (Definitely the most out of place record on the album)

Overall, I'll give the album 9/10. I can accept for what it is which is an "Adult Contempory" record. I'm 27, and though I love that hard boom bap shit I grew up on, this is a nice change of pace record that I think will be more appreciated by hip-hop fans between the ages of 25-40 more so than a younger listener.
    Last edited by Deity Allah; 07-20-2007 at 11:37 PM.

2nd best? wow, havent herd it...but i highly doubt it....agree with your choice for his best tho.

btw, people here really dont like southside huh? i think that song is fuckin amazing...the beat and verses are ferocious (sp?)

Sleepyheaded Nonsense Dr Sleepwalker's Avatar

album was mad nice, common's soft, but his musics nice.. always wanted Common to kick somethin up wit Andre 3000

sorry, how is he "soft"?

lmffao!... how isn't he?? listen to his content man... lol.. & plus, i seen his ass up on Oprah

compaired to most, his topics are soft and more good hearted.... not sayin' it makes him less of an artist... so chill out nigga

..once again.., album is mad nice

ok, well hes not soft.

ok nigger, so how are these topics soft? because they arent gangster, which neither are you btw....are you soft?

Lol, topic choice makes him soft? 50 Cent raps about gangsta shit and he's soft. Remember Common fucking destroyed Ice Cube, yet he's soft?

I always took him as hard, but just grew out of the bullshit gangsta crap and wants posivity.

hahahha mu'fuckers are touchy hahaa.. soft aint a bad thing, get off my dick with ugly replies.. mis-understandin' me n' shyt... alotta rappers do their thing soft and kill it... such as common (new common, not early 90's common), sage francis, andre 3000.. sooo many... like i said, 'compaired to most, his topics are soft and more good hearted'... its the truth!, deal wit it, .. didnt say he was any less cuz of it...

Gettin all touchy.. on some female ish..
    fags...

Pea2e

Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    lol at Tony Yayo in the poll
    lol