Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curtis sues over "Shoot the rapper" internet ad... what a whiney bitch

Default Curtis sues over "Shoot the rapper" internet ad... what a whiney bitch

50 Cent filed a lawsuit against an internet advertising firm, seeking at least $1 million dollars in damages over an infamous ad that appeared on various Internet sites titled "shoot the rapper."

The rapper is suing Traffix Inc., the company that created an infamous advertisement featuring a caricature of 50 Cent smiling that offered fans the chance to click their mouses and "shoot the rapper."

If the user succeed in shooting the rapper, the prize was "$5,000 or 5 ringtones guaranteed."

50 Cent's lawyer Peter Raymond told the Associated Press that 50 Cent is suing because he was a victim of gun violence.

They also used his named and likeness without permission, implying that he endorsed the "game."

"For all those reasons, he is personally offended," Raymond said.

The advertisements started to appeared on Myspace.com's member pages shortly after the Virginia Tech shootings, including some of the victims pages.

Media watchdog groups were outraged at the ads.

"Imagine the outcry if Fox Television ran a 60-second spot that said, 'Shoot the American Idol star -- on our Web site -- and win $5,000.' This is no different," said Peter Zollman of Poynter.org.
    http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/arch.../18291641.aspx

the last quote there does have a point though. just because the company isn't big named doesn't mean they're still human beings who have to adhere to certain moralistic standards.

at the same time, HOW MUCH MORE MONEY DO YOU NEED 50 CENT? greed flows through this guy. don't SUE them, at the worst just tell them never to put it up again (i don't know if the ad still exists or not, if it doesn't then he really is being a bitch about this). i doubt having people shoot you in an advertisement game is worth $1 000 000 of emotional pain.

Well, it's America and to be honest 50 is kinda right here.

money hungry bastard. like 400,000,000 wasn't enuff!

Ridin' in the Wu-mobile rubyspirit's Avatar

"I Get Money" ... seriously, the ad was WRONG in several ways. Get 'em 50!

^^

hahaha

get em 50!
    http://www.openentrance.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jay-z-beyonce-0614073.jpg

GET EM 50 GET EM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.openentrance.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jay-z-beyonce-0614073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFLAGCHIEF36 View Post
    money hungry bastard. like 400,000,000 wasn't enuff!
    co-sign.

I mean, if anything he should be flattered that they would use his image to represent.

I mean damn, why didn't he just sue all the people that dissed him if hes that ass tight over a fuckin internet ad.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemDiplomat View Post
    co-sign.

I mean, if anything he should be flattered that they would use his image to represent.

I mean damn, why didn't he just sue all the people that dissed him if hes that ass tight over a fuckin internet ad.
    are you being serious here? we're talking about defimation here. a tight arse over an internet ad, hardly. its one thing someone talkin smack in lyrics on record it's another being defamed by a corporation on an advertisement, do you see a difference?
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonearm_Terrorwrist View Post
    are you being serious here? we're talking about defimation here. a tight arse over an internet ad, hardly. its one thing someone talkin smack in lyrics on record it's another being defamed by a corporation on an advertisement, do you see a difference?

50 Cent's lawyer Peter Raymond told the Associated Press that 50 Cent is suing because he was a victim of gun violence.

Okay, so hes pissy because he was shot and now theres an ad saying shoot the rapper? He wasn't tryna sue Ja Rule for saying "50 you can get shot again" or Game saying "nigga ran up on your shit and let off nine, you aint die cause you only got shot 3 times".

Then you had it in his fuckin movie! In his music videos. His Get Rich album cover was him behind a shot window. Its his gimmik!

No excuse for this

Are U Watching Closely? 11th Chamber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post
    "I Get Money" ... seriously, the ad was WRONG in several ways. Get 'em 50!
    co-sign

That ad wasn't bad, he only talks about getting shot as many times as he possibly can. Fuck him.

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koolish View Post
    the last quote there does have a point though. just because the company isn't big named doesn't mean they're still human beings who have to adhere to certain moralistic standards.

at the same time, HOW MUCH MORE MONEY DO YOU NEED 50 CENT? greed flows through this guy. don't SUE them, at the worst just tell them never to put it up again (i don't know if the ad still exists or not, if it doesn't then he really is being a bitch about this). i doubt having people shoot you in an advertisement game is worth $1 000 000 of emotional pain.
    Well, 50 needs that mil, he spendin mil and mils, muhfuckah needs more money for that crack...
    I C.R.E.A.M

PRODIGAL SUN 2L8Lit da croatianMC's Avatar

now seriously, I dont know news about Curtis, is he droppin a new album soon, cuz i think he just wants publicity to sell good...
    I C.R.E.A.M

Didn't 50 Cent have a videogame called Bulletproof where he walks around and kills people with guns?