Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wealth

Veteran Member

Definitely. But also bear in mind alot of people who are poor become bitter and waste their lives chasing money. You don't have ot be rich to be attached to money.
    Wisdom is better than rubies and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it

'

im investing in a generator so the fridge cant get warm.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

no doubt but what really matters to us all is family right? whether it be friends we consider family or our blood. Family times bonding get-togethers BBQ's have an affect. This is when I'm really happy during these times. Watching family grow having intellectual conversations Politicking with fam. This too me is wealth in its purest form. Nothing can make you happier than to see your family achieve something they worked hard for. And the flip side to this is nothing can hurt more deeply than seeing a beloved friend or family member pass on. Money is everywhere family is in the heart.

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleEnergies View Post
    I agree with Sean Michael.

I think the whole "wealth is bullshit" and "family is what matters" is a cop out for people too scared, weak, lazy etc.

Don't get me wrong! I definitely put family, my free time, quality of life above money!! But the stupid assumption in the above attitude is that it assumes you can't have both. Infact wealth should, if treated right, increase quality of life, add to the happiness of a good family etc.

Provided the priorities are right things will go well.

Also, how many people that take this defence play the lottery, complain aboutthe cost of living? How many would walk away from a big bag of money or a lotto win?

The misconception here is that wanting money is selfish. Having money is one way you can actually help people, at least relatives and friends....and if you got enough who knows....all I know is I am not overly happy with how the people who have money use it so give me half a chance and I am gonna grab some.

Selfish is not being able to even support yourself, and not meeting responsibilities. Not being able to provide everything your kids need simply coz of your lack of effort. Sitting on your ass all day complaining aboutthe world and never doing anything to change it.
    So, your saying if someone loves and takes care of his family, then they are scared lazy and weak?

How are you correlating love with weakness?

Your desire to want money is not selfish. Your desire to hoard money is.

Veteran Member

^ I do not know how the hell you managed to get that out of that post!

I made it very clear that is NOT what I meant at all. Did you read the whole post?

"Don't get me wrong! I definitely put family, my free time, quality of life above money!! But the stupid assumption in the above attitude is that it assumes you can't have both. Infact wealth should, if treated right, increase quality of life, add to the happiness of a good family etc."

Why can't providing a high standard of living be a part of looking after the family you love and care for? Why are people in this society so in this mentality that materialism and virtue are mutually exclusive?

I don't know how YOU correlated love and weakness...but my post didn't. What I said is that it is weakness to never try and lift your standard of living and hide behind excuses such as "Money isn't really important", "family is what counts" (as I explained why should a person assume the two some how impose on the rights of each other?) etc.

It's my opinion that all of us should strive to be EVERYTHING we can be in ALL aspects of life. Why do you need to be dead broke to be virtuous? Why are you seen as evil if you have money?

Like I also said, priorities must be kept right. I personally don't think wealth is worth dedicated 40 hours a week to...there are other more important things to do with my time. But also, having alot of wealth can free up time too.

Not everyone has to want money...but like I said - few people would walk away from it (no matter how much they hide behind the idea that money doesn't matter). And I don't think anyone should let the pursuit of material things impact negatively on family life. I also don't think it is impossible to be smart with money, be well of and have a great family, spiritual, intellectual and physical life.

Actually I think ALL of these areas can be made better when money problems are absent.

Also to me it's all about cash Rules Everything Around Me....I see it as, the more cash I have the more I can influence society. If I am selfish and horde away useless money - that's my wasted life I guess.

Not that I can feed Africa...but who knows where things could go...help some kids get an education, start a school, start youth groups, help get some medicine or something...or at the very least have all the resources I need to develop myself and my seeds.
    Wisdom is better than rubies and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it

^ I do not know how the hell you managed to get that out of that post!

I made it very clear that is NOT what I meant at all. Did you read the whole post?

"Don't get me wrong! I definitely put family, my free time, quality of life above money!! But the stupid assumption in the above attitude is that it assumes you can't have both. Infact wealth should, if treated right, increase quality of life, add to the happiness of a good family etc."

Why can't providing a high standard of living be a part of looking after the family you love and care for? Why are people in this society so in this mentality that materialism and virtue are mutually exclusive?

I don't know how YOU correlated love and weakness...but my post didn't. What I said is that it is weakness to never try and lift your standard of living and hide behind excuses such as "Money isn't really important", "family is what counts" (as I explained why should a person assume the two some how impose on the rights of each other?) etc.

It's my opinion that all of us should strive to be EVERYTHING we can be in ALL aspects of life. Why do you need to be dead broke to be virtuous? Why are you seen as evil if you have money?

Like I also said, priorities must be kept right. I personally don't think wealth is worth dedicated 40 hours a week to...there are other more important things to do with my time. But also, having alot of wealth can free up time too.

Not everyone has to want money...but like I said - few people would walk away from it (no matter how much they hide behind the idea that money doesn't matter). And I don't think anyone should let the pursuit of material things impact negatively on family life. I also don't think it is impossible to be smart with money, be well of and have a great family, spiritual, intellectual and physical life.

Actually I think ALL of these areas can be made better when money problems are absent.

Also to me it's all about cash Rules Everything Around Me....I see it as, the more cash I have the more I can influence society. If I am selfish and horde away useless money - that's my wasted life I guess.

Not that I can feed Africa...but who knows where things could go...help some kids get an education, start a school, start youth groups, help get some medicine or something...or at the very least have all the resources I need to develop myself and my seeds.
    But your making the assumption that if a person puts fam before money, they're lazy and don't want to work.

I'm saying if you love your family more than anything, then you will do the best you can to provide for them.

Veteran Member

WHERE did I say that???!?!???!?!

-I SPECIFICALLY SAID FAMILY COMES BEFORE MONEY (as well as a few other things)
    - I SPECIFICALLY SAID IT IS IMPORTANT THAT FAMILY IS ALWAYS THE PRIORITY
    - I SPECIFICALLY SAID CHASING MONEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE A NEGATIVE INFLUENCE ON FAMILY LIFE
    - I ALSO SAID I DON'T THINK MONEY IS EVEN WORTH 40 HOURS A WEEK OUT OF OUR LIVES

SO HOW DID I SAY PUTTING FAMILY FIRST BEFORE MONEY MAKES A PERSON WEAK? :\

Personally, I don't think money should even come before a person's interests and hobbies! We only live once. Family is even more a priority than these!

Originally Posted by SubtleEnergies
    I agree with Sean Michael.

I think the whole "wealth is bullshit" and "family is what matters" is a cop out for people too scared, weak, lazy etc.

Veteran Member

Yeah? And? The rest of the post explained what I meant.....with numerous clarifications as I just mentioned above.

That was the first sentence of the post...the entire remainder of the post clarified exactly what I meant by it.

Geez...

Yeah? And? The rest of the post explained what I meant.....with numerous clarifications as I just mentioned above.

That was the first sentence of the post...the entire remainder of the post clarified exactly what I meant by it.

Geez...
    Just trying to clear it up a bit. Your first statement was pretty clear. But no need to get upset right?

Veteran Member

Also, explain to me why "family is what matters" has to equate with not having money?

If someone thinks they can't do both it likely is a cop out to renounce responsibility on one.

Veteran Member

I thought I cleared it up....

I am upset when I make a post clearly saying one thing and then it is said I was saying the opposite....maybe I should be worried...

Also, explain to me why "family is what matters" has to equate with not having money?

If someone thinks they can't do both it likely is a cop out to renounce responsibility on one.
    In never siad it does. You made that assumption on your own.

I thought I cleared it up....

I am upset when I make a post clearly saying one thing and then it is said I was saying the opposite....maybe I should be worried...
    But it didn't say the opposite, you siad what you siad. I'm trying to figure out what you mean.

Veteran Member

LMAO You made the assumption when you tried to equate me saying it was a cop out with meaning that love is weakness.

YES it did say the opposite. I pointed out the MANY points I made putting family as a priority over money!

Now if I say family should be put before money, how can a person logically conclude that I am saying loving your family is a weakness, simply because I don't think loving your family is in itself a reason to be broke?

Veteran Member

Slippy.....it's ok if you are a broke motherfucker who is too lazy to wipe the chocolate off his daughters face Just don't say the love will go if you had money.