Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experience the Darkness

Veteran Member

Default Experience the Darkness

(Summarized from an article I read in UK shamanism magazine Sacred Hoop Issue 41)

Many cultures have a rite of passage that involves sitting in complete darkness. Initiates to Voodoo are blindfolded and led in several days of ecstastic dance until they experience a wider reality. The ancient mystery school of Mythras initiated people by having them sit in a cave for three days. Hafiz, the Sufi poet, recommended sitting in a closet for 3 days, while having a friend bring you food and check on you.

We all go into the darkness when we die. Before we are born, we are in the darkness of the womb. In the darkness, there is a broader reality from the one we regularly experience. We lose ourselves and gain everything.

There are a number of interesting things that happens when a person is in complete darkness long enough. Their senses become sharper. The body begins to produce DMT a chemical often used as a hallucinogenic drug.

There are retreats you can do where you can be in darkness 3-10 days. This is not recommendable when you are at home. Instead 3-6 hours, can help you experience something deeper. Even minutes are sometimes enough (I did 2 hours the first time and I thought clearer for several days afterward, could predict events hours in advance, and was very intuitive to people's reactions.) Here's how to set it up.

* Have somebody nearby who can help you get around when necessary. It's best to be alone so you can experience yourself but have them nearby so you can yell for them to come help guide you to the bathroom or get a drink, for example.

* Set a time limit of say, 3-6 hours, that you will sit blindfolded in a darkened room. Ask your partner to tell you when time is up or set an alarm. Later, you can build up to longer time periods.

* It can be nice to have a tape recorder to record your thoughts, feelings and experiences.

* Get beyond your rational mind and just experience

* Think about what you see when the blindfold is off.

My experiences with this were interesting. I began to smell myself as having an unique smell. I could hear things that I usually tuned out. I started to think about stuff that I read about the next day (deja vu? Perhaps it makes you a little psychic?)

For me, it was a bitch to take that blindfold off. You will be dizzy for about 30 minutes afterward. Take it easy.

Dinosaur Hunter Slippy The Pimp's Avatar

Summarized from an article I read in UK shamanism magazine Sacred Hoop Issue 41

sorry ultimate fist. Your a cool cat but this shit had me rolling.

Veteran Member

Yeah I know it sounds goofy. The shamans writing in it aren't for the most part from the UK; just the editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Fist View Post
    Yeah I know it sounds goofy. The shamans writing in it aren't for the most part from the UK; just the editor.
    Ultimate Fist: Reality Check homey.

The real Shamans aren't writing at all. They're sitting at home watching football.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini View Post
    Ultimate Fist: Reality Check homey.

The real Shamans aren't writing at all. They're sitting at home watching football.
    ?????????????????????

Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to be like:

I know somthing that you don't and i'm not gonna share it because I have an awsome intellect type shit.

but

People that would be considered "Shamans" aren't writing to or for a UK magazine, or any magazine.

The people that do write to these magazines- People like that can fuck you up and misguide you.

Veteran Member

I dig but this is one of the more legit sources I've found. Researchers who work with the real deal and shit.

I dig but this is one of the more legit sources I've found. Researchers who work with the real deal and shit.

C'mon man, you don't have to defend it.

"Reserchers" aren't "shamans"

"Shamans" aren't even "shamans"

And the "Real Deal shit" isn't written in magazines for anyone and everyone.

Veteran Member

Whatever dude.

If you OnLy Knew the POWeRRR....of the Darkside !!!
    Break fast is served

Add some Pyramidal sound wave-lengths to the mix.
    Break fast is served

Whatever dude.
    Alright man i'm just trying to help you out, not criticize you. Peace.

Veteran Member

I have a whole book on this

http://www.amazon.com/Darkness-Visib...335179-8356038

I noticed the weird feeling of being in total darkness a while back...then I read a book called Chasing Rumi where the dude gets put in darkness as a spiritual thing. Later, the above book was given to me as a gift...I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.
    Wisdom is better than rubies and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

what slippy is suggesting is these so called writers are simply writing this for money. IMO shamans do there work for mother earth not some one to read.

^^yes that's what i'm saying. I have a communication defficiency.