SOHH.COM

Ja Rule recently spoke out about the upcoming U.S. Congressional hearing set to discuss the lyrical content and imagery of African-American women in hip-hop.
As SOHH previously reported, the aforementioned hearing entitled "From Imus to Industry: The Business of Stereotypes and Degradation" will take place on September 25 and will investigate media "stereotypes and degradation" of black women in hip-hop and the entertainment industry.
Top industry executives including Philippe Dauman of Viacom, Doug Morris of Universal Music Group, Edgar Bronfman, Jr. of Warner Music Group and music mogul Master P are expected to appear as witnesses in the hearing.
In a recent interview with Complex magazine, Ja Rule offered his objections to the hearings.
"They got my man Doug Morris under fire and @#!*, they got him going down to go speak to Congress about hip-hop lyrics, are you @#*$ing serious?" Ja said. "There's a f--king black kid right now about to get 25 years for having a fight with some white kids over hanging the nooses over the white tree, let's get to that. Let's get into sh-t like that, because that's what's tearing up America, not me calling a woman a b--ch or a h-e on my rap songs."
"And if it is, then we need to go step to Paramount, and f--king MGM, and all of these other motherf--kers that's making all of these movies and we need to go step to MTV and Viacom, and lets talk about all these f--king shows that they have on MTV that is promoting homosexuality, that my kids can't watch this sh-t," he continued. "Dating shows that's showing two guys or two girls in mid-afternoon. Let's talk about s--t like that! If that's not f--king up America, I don't know what is."
"There's a lot of issues we can address besides hip-hop, but they want to put everything on us like we're the problem," Ja added. "This is going to be a shameless f--king plug, but I said, 'when everyone wants to point the finger, and ask why there's so much corruption, they only need to look in the mirror.' It starts with themselves."
Ja will be releasing his seventh solo album The Mirror in November via Mpire/Murder Inc. /Universal Motown Records. The album features guest appearances from Lil Wayne and The Game with production supplied by the Top Dawg team.